Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

Instant Sunrise posted:

Always bet on the Duke

hoping they use the same exact cast so I can frankenstien my totally awesome front plate with the green jewel like when the console was first shown on:

(Xbox Wonks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

dont be mean to me posted:

The game running 20% slower when streamed than when played locally is qualitatively different from lag.

Edit: And not as in frame-rate either; as in time dilation. Which is weird because the stream source is not moving relativistically with respect to the stream target.

Yeah I've experienced this too; on release and post patch. If I go to stream it plays at the lower speed 80% of the time with some hiccups to full-speed. Even if you stop streaming and play on the console itself afterwards it takes a moment(usually about a half zone) to shake off this time dilation on my bone.

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

You are looking at the b/w buttons as rb/lb so its probably awkward

I got one and they added little awkward bumper buttons and the black and white double the bumpers functions.

Wish the thing was wireless though; the hard-connection has left it delegated to PC use.

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

I said come in! posted:

To this day I don't understand how this game has remained a cult classic. It was like a free title on Windows 3.1 and yet so many people I know that are older millennials or gen-x remember this game fondly. I just remember it being super hilarious each time the monster popped out of no where and ate you. I tried forever to escape it, and I am positive there is a way to do it, but I could never pull it off.
pressing the f button toggles a mode where your speed exceeds any yeti; can get multiple of them chaising.

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

did they even use the right ram this time??

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

Hulk Krogan posted:

Yeah the maximum is 36 months.

that's not just the limit for GPU conversion? strange for them to not allow max stacking; subwise.

suddently reminded of a sweet free ride i got on live from 2007-2013 or so because it took that long for them to notice a glitch on their end which said my sub expired in the year 0001 or somesuchyear like that(a glitch which, afaik, stemmed from being part of the XBL beta in 2002).

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

probably something to do with using the wrong RAM; can't store dates too far futured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Ha, I was on the beta. Did they ever send you free stuff? They sent me a copy of Mechwarrior.

just an embarrassing 'im good with my hands *xbox branding*' t-shirt & those free years of online service(though as i remember the initial kit with headset/revolt live was free too)