Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Krakkles posted:

What's a decent deal on an XboneX? It looks like there was one that was ~382, once, some kind of sale, but mostly they're about $400 with a game or a gift card. Is this reasonable, is there a better deal, am I missing something?

Also, gently caress advertisers that advertise things like: "Xbox One X...box one haha we just repeated it so you'd think it was an xbox one x in the title".

I got one for $380 a few weeks ago with one of the eBay 20% off coupons and haven’t even opened it yet. In retrospect, I should have waited until E3 to see if any kind of special edition/bundle is announced but instead I decided it was a good idea to spend $400 to play Red Dead Redemption 1 in 4K.

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

As we wait the last few days until E3 2018 let's do a "Where are they now?" for Microsoft's 2014 E3 lineup courtesy of a Reddit commenter:

"Looking back at the games in that [E3 2014] press conference, it's a murderer's row of disappointment. Nobody played Evolve, Assassin's Creed Unity was broken, Fable Legends was cancelled, Project Spark was shuttered, the Master Chief Collection managed to completely gently caress up the biggest no-brainer of all time, Phantom Dust was cancelled, Scalebound was cancelled, and Crackdown 3 is still nowhere to be seen four years later. It's almost unreal in hindsight how much of what was promised that year simply didn't pan out."

:eyepop:

That has to be the worst track record of any E3 presentation in history, right?

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

BisterdDave posted:

I stopped playing a few days ago, telling myself I'll wait until they release a patch fixing the HDR issue. Part of me is ok with not going back to it though, mainly because as amazing it is to look at, I wasn't having fun with it.

Is there any indication from R* that they're even going to patch/fix HDR? It seems like their standard customer service response is to tell people to try adjusting settings on their TVs but no real acknowledgement of the HDR issues reported by Digital Foundry / HDTVtest.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Celeste is apparently available now through GWG.

Cool to get it for “free” on XB1, though I tend to play most indie games on my Switch these days and buying portable Celeste is now harder to justify when I already have access to the Xbox version of it.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Real hurthling! posted:

The joycon is not the most comfortable way to play celeste. In handheld was pretty painful for me

I am 3 hours into Hollow Knight on the Switch, almost all in portable mode, and that has been fine so far though I did read complaints about some later-game controls using the joycon that required a bunch of downward or diagonal attacks? I do have the Pro controller which seems comparable to the XB1 or PS4 controllers to me, though that would cancel out some of the benefits of playing in undocked mode.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The Vita cartridges were a purposeful punishment to anyone dumb enough to be buying physical media for the Vita.

But.. the criticism is about the memory cards, which provide the storage you need if you want to keep more than 1 or 2 downloaded games on your Vita at once?

It was a happy day when I was able to buy a $10 SD2Vita adapter and throw a cheap 128GB microSD of storage into my Vita.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Oh yeah that's bad

sorry, I'm regular person who forgot the Vita existed like 10 seconds after it was announced.

I bought a Vita for the AAA Sony games and PS4 remote play, but stayed for all the niche Japanese games and portable indies. Switch has claimed that throne on the indie side and hopefully they will become the new home for weird NIS/Aksys/etc. games as well.

I am a sucker for handhelds, though, and would definitely buy anything Sony/Microsoft put out if they decided to get (back) into the portable market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Microsoft is doing some kind of crazy prorating of existing Game Pass/XBL Gold memberships when you do the $1 signup.

microsoft posted:

Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the same amount of time, up to 36 months total. All conversions are final; conversion ratio subject to change.

I bought a one year XBL Gold subscription for $40 last month to go along with my existing Game Pass subscription.

I just did the $1 signup for Game Pass Ultimate and it says my next bill date for Game Pass Ultimate is January 2021, so it looks like I got 6 months credit for my Game Pass and 12 months for my XBL Gold??