Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

We're not expecting anything major from Nintendo's event today, right? I think I read that they're focusing on what they're releasing this year, which probably means we aren't going to see a ton of new stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Harrow posted:

We're not expecting anything major from Nintendo's event today, right? I think I read that they're focusing on what they're releasing this year, which probably means we aren't going to see a ton of new stuff.

30 minutes of New Donk City

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I just like remembering the steam stats for people that own vr each time someone says it won't be a fad

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

VR is just fad, huh? Well check this out:

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/874548768510803968

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ineffiable posted:

VR is actually really incredibly immersive. The downside is the cost of the hardware (and the games) but the game support is getting better and better. I assume they'll get costs down with the next revision as well as boost the hardware.

This isn't like 3d when it was a fad, the experience of VR is unique and brings a new layer of immersion that you can't get in a 2d space. You can almost literally tell who hasn't, and has tried VR by their attitude. People may be tired of hearing it, but it's really something that has to be tried in person.

There is literally no compelling software for it. Fallout 4 but you need to warp along instead of move normally will be a disaster.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

They will show a lot of Super Mario Odyysey we haven't seen yet so that's something

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Better hope Bethesda can handle the framerate for Skyrim PSVR, good luck with that one.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I'm guessing we won't be seeing any Resident Evil 2 at this point.

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't actually think it exists

Keeping in mind that it was announced immediately after someone got the project greenlit internally so it's easy to think that they wouldn't have something for it for a while.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Byolante posted:

There is literally no compelling software for it. Fallout 4 but you need to warp along instead of move normally will be a disaster.

Fallout 4 VR has regular FPS movement.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
$700 for the Assassins Creed Legendary Edition is insane

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The real issue with the RE2 remake is that it probably won't have RE's best hero; Tofu

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kashuno posted:

My man, they're not even trying.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

Keeping in mind that it was announced immediately after someone got the project greenlit internally so it's easy to think that they wouldn't have something for it for a while.

That was like two years ago though and it literally hasn't been mentioned since.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

That was like two years ago though and it literally hasn't been mentioned since.

Yeah, and how many games, remake or no, have like 4 or so years of development these days?

I mean sure around now is about when you'd start to see screenshots or whatever but it doesn't surprise me that there's been radio silence for 2 years, what surprises me is that they bothered to announce it back then.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Byolante posted:

This is the dumbest thing. Its a technology in its infancy. We arent at its super mario bros yet, but its galagas are way better than galaga was.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

This is the dumbest thing. Its a technology in its infancy. We arent at its super mario bros yet, but its galagas are way better than galaga was.

As someone who has played VR games and also Galaga, not even close.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Phantasium posted:

Yeah, and how many games, remake or no, have like 4 or so years of development these days?

I mean sure around now is about when you'd start to see screenshots or whatever but it doesn't surprise me that there's been radio silence for 2 years, what surprises me is that they bothered to announce it back then.

Um star citizen the hotly anticipated 150 mil game from legend Chris Roberts does!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Old videogames with VR hacked into them are not going to be the watershed moments for VR.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Nintendo's hottest exclusive bombshell announcement: Star CItizen

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't want wii parlor games in my face

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Kashuno posted:

Old videogames with VR hacked into them are not going to be the watershed moments for VR.

You say that, but if those dickheads would finally put VR into Alien Isolation I would never need a new game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
While you wait for the best conference, Nintendo's, watch this fine gentleman's adventure in trying to get Nintendo to retweet this lovely picture of Toad. The twists and turns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIKxTP2NcY

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Macaluso posted:

While you wait for the best conference, Nintendo's, watch this fine gentleman's adventure in trying to get Nintendo to retweet this lovely picture of Toad. The twists and turns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIKxTP2NcY

Is that the guy from Short Circuit?

Is he going to send Johnny 5 to Nintendo?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The Walrus posted:

Holy poo poo you could not be more wrong. No VR game even comes close to touching galaga.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Kashuno posted:

But does it come with an Iconic Cap?

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
please don't touch my galaga

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I'm a little shocked ESO didn't get VR, it wouldn't even have to be good, a VR MMO that was even mildly successful would be like pop culture in the news for months.

I think they have these in Japan, but teenagers keep getting trapped inside of them and dying irl

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Didn't Galaga cause a national shortage of Japan quarters?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Red Bones posted:

I think they have these in Japan, but teenagers keep getting trapped inside of them and dying irl

You make this joke but I'm pretty sure they're working on a Sword Art Online VR game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You can already play all of RE7 in VR from start to finish and a few people say that is the optimal way to play that game

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gorgolflox posted:

So is the main biker dude from Days Gone Sam Witwer? It looks like him

Yes

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Better hope Bethesda can handle the framerate for Skyrim PSVR, good luck with that one.

Have to assume that's why they went Skyrim instead of putting Fallout 4 VR on the PS4.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I'm rock hard right now

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

You guys ready for Nintendo stuff?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am ready for Nintendo to somehow let me down

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Harrow posted:

I'm expecting at least one big surprise at the end. Nintendo usually does that.

Although they don't do that just often enough to disappoint me every time. I guess we'll find out in two hours.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Phantasium posted:

You make this joke but I'm pretty sure they're working on a Sword Art Online VR game.

My brother was blinded to death by a virtual boy, how many more lives are we willing to sacrifice on the altar of virtual reality

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Cook posted:

Although they don't do that just often enough to disappoint me every time. I guess we'll find out in two hours.

I think they must have something big left for their show to loan Miyamoto to Ubisoft for Mario/Rabbids

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

Kashuno posted:

I think they must have something big left for their show to loan Miyamoto to Ubisoft for Mario/Rabbids

I dare not hope for Metroid

(Actually I really shouldn't, I've had a real bad monkey's paw record lately)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nintendo's going to announce the latest version of one of the same half dozen titles they've been making for 25 years and for Nintendo fans that's going to be enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

Nintendo's going to announce the latest version of one of the same half dozen titles they've been making for 25 years and for Nintendo fans that's going to be enough.

idgi

• Locked thread