Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what's gonna happen?
basically nothing (token management shuffles)
he goes 'on leave'
he finds a replacement then goes later this year
he quits and plays harry in the new third rock remake
he quits and becomes transportation secretary
gas thread, ban op
View Results

• Locked thread
Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i applied for ajob at uber last week and included a really snazzy cover letter and i hope i get an interview. Not likely to take the job tho.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
rigged poll OP

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Dislike button posted:

apple should buy them, raise prices and make the app iphone only

this

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Dislike button posted:

apple should buy them, raise prices and make the app iphone only

if apple did this by just getting rid of uberx/whatever other stupid garbage there is and only kept uber black going with properly licensed drivers, that would own

mandate every car has carplay and a lightning charging cables for passengers

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

he's sorry people took his comment the wrong way and doesn't want it to be a distraction. why do shitheads get away with this

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

and wtf was the right way to interpret his comment???

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GameCube posted:

women are just bursting with good ideas!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

GameCube posted:

"sexist shithead" is the correct interpretation

to understand why vcs are so horrible you need to understand that most of their money comes from people even worse than they are, you need to be an awful toxic dude to be able to relate to the lovely ancient billionaires who fund the vc firms in the first place

the correct response would be to replace him with a woman but to the best of my knowledge there's exactly one woman partner at a valley vc firm and IIRC she works at kleiner perkins

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
gas forum ban ik

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

GameCube posted:

well if you're an overly obtuse hn poster you might think that "more talking" was being presented as a good thing and he was actually expressing the view that they should add more women to the board

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Gazpacho posted:

gas forum ban ik

gas me

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/travisk/status/367562152
https://twitter.com/travisk/status/775284715
https://twitter.com/travisk/status/367763052
https://twitter.com/travisk/status/367702532

pram
Jun 10, 2001
warning ur entering the TBONE ZONE

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

qirex posted:

"sexist shithead" is the correct interpretation

to understand why vcs are so horrible you need to understand that most of their money comes from people even worse than they are, you need to be an awful toxic dude to be able to relate to the lovely ancient billionaires who fund the vc firms in the first place

the correct response would be to replace him with a woman but to the best of my knowledge there's exactly one woman partner at a valley vc firm and IIRC she works at kleiner perkins

replace him with Ellen Pao

and make her interim CEO

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

I cannot believe this idiot hellfucker is both my age and wealthier than I am

but hey, I actually built poo poo, and I'm certainly coming out ahead karmically

(and when his poo poo finally goes down in flames and RICO I'll be ahead financially too)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

eschaton posted:

I cannot believe this idiot hellfucker is both my age and wealthier than I am

but hey, I actually built poo poo, and I'm certainly coming out ahead karmically

(and when his poo poo finally goes down in flames and RICO I'll be ahead financially too)

nah I guarantee you dude has a caymans account and a looper floor safe full of cash & precious metals

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
he's made more money from selling his previous company to Akamai than you will ever have.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
yeah he can be as big a piece of poo poo as he wants and his great grandkids will still be worth more than all of yospos

:capitalism:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
was at the maritime museum today and started thinking bout thos tech bros. can't quite figure why...

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

was at the maritime museum today and started thinking bout thos tech bros. can't quite figure why...

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i dont get

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

guillotine

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
oh lol, it looked like some sort of code

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

now i have that death grips song in my head thanks yospos

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dongslayer. posted:

now i have that death grips song in my head thanks yospos

Death Grips are good

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

JewKiller 3000 posted:

here are the holder report recommendations, which the board adopted unanimously: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1s08BdVqCgrUVM4UHBpTGROLXM/view

and all the problems at uber were solved:

"Catered Dinner. Uber should consider moving the catered dinner it offers to a time when this benefit can be utilized by a broader group of employees, including employees who have spouses or families waiting for them at home, and that signals an earlier end to the work day."

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

Death Grips are good

it's a shame that people memed stefan into hiding

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

RISCy Business posted:

it's a shame that people memed stefan into hiding

i don''t know anything about this

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

refleks posted:

"Catered Dinner. Uber should consider moving the catered dinner it offers to a time when this benefit can be utilized by a broader group of employees, including employees who have spouses or families waiting for them at home, and that signals an earlier end to the work day."
lmao

that's by design to make people work late :ssh: doesn't google and stuff all do that evening-houred dinners?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Xaris posted:

lmao

that's by design to make people work late :ssh: doesn't google and stuff all do that evening-houred dinners?

who eats dinner @ work anyways? graveyard shift?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

sometimes when my wife has other plans I just take the free dinner at work because it's easier than making food for myself. when I was single I did it a lot more often. but never stay after eating and work more, that's a trap.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

it's a "benefit" intended specifically to get people to stick around a little longer and work more.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

https://youtu.be/Wc0-wSQd-LQ?t=6s

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Reformulate Uber’s 14 Cultural Values. Uber should reformulate its written as a fundamental aspect of doing good business; reduce the overall number of values, and eliminate those values which have been identified as redundant or as having been used to justify poor behavior, including Let Builders Build, Always Be Hustlin’,Meritocracy and Toe-Stepping, and Principled Confrontation;

Prohibit Romantic or Intimate Relationships Between Individuals in a Reporting Relationship.

Institute and Enforce Clear Guidelines on Alcohol Consumption and the Use of Controlled Substances.

i like how these things were not already solved and had to be pointed out lol

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

refleks posted:

its not a dumb measure

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I literally had people ask me "why are you leaving? free food in 45 minutes!"

it's either young single dudes or old married dudes who hate their families who love to spend time at the office

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

qirex posted:

it's either young single dudes or old married dudes who hate their families who love to spend time at the office

We have fairly flexible schedules where I work. One of the people I work with has his work schedule dedicated entirely to avoiding his kids.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

We have fairly flexible schedules where I work. One of the people I work with has his work schedule dedicated entirely to avoiding his kids.
this guy has got it all figured out imo

what are his kids sa usernames??

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

some people like their coworkers and want to stay late to hang out with them, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

RISCy Business posted:

some people like their coworkers and want to stay late to hang out with them, hth

yeah, I've stayed late to keep a buddy company on more than one occasion.

• Locked thread