Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Sent ya bastard. Good win :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Sent.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Money sent. Congrats

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
So what'd everyone think about Fox? It wasn't perfect but I think they use tech well and maintained a much better golf to dumb bullshit ratio than CBS/NBC/ESPN usually seem to. I'm willing to trade good commentary for lots of really well presented actual golf play. And I'll personally take Buck's bored detachment over Jim Nantz's lobotomized sappiness, but that's just me.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dutchy posted:

So what'd everyone think about Fox? It wasn't perfect but I think they use tech well and maintained a much better golf to dumb bullshit ratio than CBS/NBC/ESPN usually seem to. I'm willing to trade good commentary for lots of really well presented actual golf play. And I'll personally take Buck's bored detachment over Jim Nantz's lobotomized sappiness, but that's just me.

I loved the technology stuff they do but their camera operators are absolutely awful. It's like they were unable to track the flight of the ball in the air. Joe Buck seemed a lot less Joe Buck-ey during coverage this year which is always good.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dutchy posted:

I loved that they had coverage starting so early and lasting all drat day.

Disliked the commentators, just horrible.

Their tech was cool, but they def had some sync issues online and their actual broadcast.

Traveling pro tracer was pretty awesome. Not sure if it was their camera positions or what but it was really hard to follow/keep track of players hits on this course so the pro tracer really helped.

Enough with the fake birds already fox lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The tough thing for Fox is they only get one round a year to work on and it's a goddamn major. THe tech is awesome (when it works) and what kinda sucks is they don't have any lesser tournaments to work the kinks out on.

On the whole it wasn't bad, it's a drat ton better than where it was when they started, but it's got a ways to go.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
They get the Dirty old men Open and Women's U.S. Open to practice on as well.

I'm okay with Buck in NFL/MLB but I hate his fake Troy McClure voice for Golf and always will. There are plenty of other golf guys they could get to lead.

Shot tracer is great. I would like it everywhere.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh poo poo that's right, I completely forgot senior open and the women's.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

DJExile posted:

The tough thing for Fox is they only get one round a year to work on and it's a goddamn major. THe tech is awesome (when it works) and what kinda sucks is they don't have any lesser tournaments to work the kinks out on.

On the whole it wasn't bad, it's a drat ton better than where it was when they started, but it's got a ways to go.

Yeah this is how I feel. A lot of the amateur hour stuff is because it is amateur hour. I think the whole thing would benefit from more experience and they don't really have a chance to get a lot of it.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I much prefer NBC/Golf Channel over any other coverage, CBS to a lesser extent (but it's mostly the same team anyway).

Kostas, Faldo, IBF, Gannon, and even Nantz as he knows how to let poo poo breathe way better than Buck, are far superior. Obviously that's because they call golf year round.

Nantz would never gently caress up the winners girlfriend/wife name, and wouldn't usually make a point of calling her out like Buck did. Plus, Curtis Strange and Faron are terrible.

Fox has the better technology which was great but overall Fox sucks.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Combine the fox technology, the announcers listed above, throw in a dash of Feherty and the length of coverage fox did and you'd have the perfect golf broadcast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
None of this changes the fact that both Joe Buck and Jim Nantz are the loving worst though.

• Locked thread