Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Justin Rose.

But can I still pick Sergio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Yes. Pick a spot on the course where you can see multiple fairways, greens, or teeboxes. Don't shout stupid poo poo ever. Buy a cool hat or shirt in the clubhouse.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

daslog posted:

I'll take Jon Rahm because Crazy Spaniards are a good thing.

This might be the pick. He has his one blow up round, but he was low amateur last year at the US Open (T-25 or so) and has been in contention (and won) on Tour as a professional.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Douchebag posted:

I'll take Stricker for this.

Even though I think Sergio wins.

I like this guy.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

Phil has decided to not play. Which is dumb because the fairways are literally 60 yds wide and his finishes since The Masters are T18, T41, T29, T22, and 9.

Has he withdrawn, or he's assuming he can't play due to timetables?

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
That's what I had last read. Checking the forecast, it doesn't look like it'll rain at all Thursday.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Fast.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVVCsZZl-AY/

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
There's a question below the featured coverage window that asks, "On the first tee at the US Open, I would ________"

A. Stripe a drive down the middle.
B. Play it safe with an iron.
C. Be lucky to even make contact with the ball.

We can safely rule out "B" because it's 275 to even reach the fairway on hole 1 lol

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Josh Lyman, or any other tech goon,

I'm at work trying to stream coverage on my laptop. Personal laptop, connected to work wifi. Website will load but video won't play. There's no error message; it's just a black screen. Tried Chrome and Edge.

However, my personal phone connected to the same work wifi will play it in browser (Chrome). What gives? How do I remedy this?

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

Could be something crazy like a port being blocked, but the logical first guess would be some kind of Adblocker.

Try an Incognito window.

Incognito mode didn't work, neither did pausing my Adblocker.

For what it's worth, can see the scroll bar below the video for a split second before the entire viewing window goes black.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Yeah, phone looks like the way to go for me right now.

Rahm looking at a solid round of 93 right now.

Edited for more snark.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Douchebag posted:

I like Joe Buck, I think he's great at baseball and football.

But do we like Brad Faxon?

Brad Faxon is excellent for player insight, but that's almost a pre-requisite for any player who steps into the booth.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

mattfl posted:

These fake bird sounds are ridiculous. There's hardly any trees anywhere Fox!

What is this, THE MASTERS?

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Rahm putts off the green and I jizz in my pants.

If he 3 putts (e: he just did), is it a 2 putt or 3 putt?

Wow, he's steaming rn.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

Dufner's 76 has killed my interest in watching until Sunday. :effort:

I think, going forward, it might make sense to prohibit picking of people in the top 10 of the world golf rankings. Nobody cares if you want to pick Danny Willett but Rory is going to become "available" if he doesn't win a major this year.

Perhaps, but he's hot or cold since then. He's a lock for a top 10 in the Masters, but he has as many missed cuts as he does top 10s in the other majors, and he's likely to miss the cut in this one.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

Sergio yelling for Bubba's ball to cut. What a nice guy.

I've been stepping back and forth from coverage. I saw Sergio get on in 2 (676, are you kidding me?), and I saw Scott's 3rd into the green, but I didn't see Scott go over in 2. Watson laid up because he went in the rough, right?

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

mattfl posted:

I hate Scotts pre putt routine

Aim Point has its converts. I'll straddle my putting line to feel break I can't see, but I don't do any of that 1-2-3 finger business. You have to attend a class for that.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

Honestly, I hope Adam Scott misses the cut because there's no reason Stevie should have to haul his rear end around for another 2 rounds.

Even the short ones he's making are barely snaking into the hole. Awful stuff.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Was streaming on my phone at work, then I noticed 2 hours into streaming that they cut the Wi-Fi off for maintenance. RIP to my data plan.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
On that shared family plan with the parents. $60 a month way cheaper than the alternative with AT&T.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
drat it, Rose. Bogey-bogey finish puts him outside the cut line. Here's hoping the scores go up this afternoon!

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
What the F. I thought Rose would at least make the cut. Top 60 and ties, I guess, right? Back to back bogeys to finish the round and miss the cut by 1 sucks.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Good. GOD. JT with a 63.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Just played a foursome with my dad, best friend, and his dad. The dads played a 2 man scramble (doubling their score) against our combined scores. We lost by 9, but it's been more competitive before.

I shot +3.

I hit 17 greens.

I had 39 putts.

Greens were punched and sanded, but I had 6 lipouts. Only highlight was my friend grabbing my face in his hands on the 18th green after missing a 4 footer for birdie and saying, "You're going to be a father!" a la Payne Stewart.

It's funny and also true.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

You gonna name your kid Sergio then?

Trying to convince the wife. Not looking great.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Suprfli6 posted:

Middle name of Pato might fly? Worth a shot!

I HATE Cabrera. No chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Shrapnig posted:

Monies are probably easiest.

Paypal is jvitolojr at yahoo dot com

Sent, ya big lug.

• Locked thread