Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

GUI posted:

The first act of Old Blood is great but it goes downhill once they introduce the zombies and most of the combat during the last half turns into first person zombie shooter #984. The very beginning of the game with the semi-forced stealth isn't terribly interesting either. Still worth playing though.

It did give us the line "would you look at that; it's raining nazis", which i believe to be the peak of human writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

Wolfenstein has done alchemy, super science robots, zombies, cthulu cults, so naturally the next thing should be either space alien nazis or lizard people from the center of the earth.

Don't forget the Golem!

I love how they invoke Jewish mythology in the newer games. Also, having the nazis reverse-engineer Jewish super science is a great way to drive home how opportunistic they are. The nazis in these games truly are awful, and I love them for it.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Replaying TNO (because it rules) and it just hit me that at the beginning of the Belsec mission, you're straight up heading for the gas chamber.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

GUI posted:

That level was my least favorite in TNO since there's like 3 parts where BJ survives because of contrived coincidences or does dumb poo poo (that battery bit) and even for a Wolfenstein game it got really dumb. The other reason is that it's a level based around stealth and the AI for it isn't terribly interesting.

Yeah I noticed that yesterday. It's one of the weaker ones. Also don't like the last part with the big robot. Don't really carries the visual punch to the kills that would make it truly satisfying.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/miravylash/status/916095440273182725

New game can’t come soon enough.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Judging by a youtube video I found, the game includes over 3 hours of cutscenes.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Best pigfeeding simulator I've played.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

We live in a world where Donald Trump is the president (I'm pretty sure I saw an old newspaper in one level discussing how the American democratic system was destined to lead to worthless lunatics at charge, lol) and in this world of insanity, Wolfenstein, yes, the same Wolfenstein that coined the Mecha-Hitler, produces the best Singleplayer-campaigns out there. The quality of the dialogue and story-beats are just....off the charts.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Noirex posted:

In a game full of literal Nazis, they did a drat good job creating human monsters like him. The racism and violence was bad enough, but then you find out he sold out his wife and mother of his child too? Never hated a character so much before.

I think what really seals the hate-deal is the fact that he's not cartoony in any shape or form. Engel is kind of a pastich, all the way down to her name, but this guy? Yeah, he's legit terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

This general had an interesting name:

https://twitter.com/realtimewwii/status/931940230487334912