Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So this game is indeed in continuity with the 2009 game? I never played it, but it seemed like I was supposed to have a history with the wheelchair/powersuit lady and the German dude who was friends with Sloth.

So how the heck is this game Wolfenstein 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

GUI posted:

RTCW, Wolf09, TNO, TOB and Wolfenstein II are all canon. Wolf3D and its expansions (or parts of them) might be canon going off a newspaper article you can find on TOB.

RTCW gets referenced once or twice during TNO and TOB and BJ meets Caroline during Wolf09, but both games barely have a plot (BJ is a silent character in RTCW) and the NPCs are there as exposition.

If you want to get even more confused then TOB takes place in the same beginning location as RTCW despite the town and castle looking completely different within the two years that have passed between the games. Wolf09 also had a handful of pre-release animated comics that put it, RTCW and Wolf3D/SOD in the same continuity and tried to set-up some organisation called the Fourth Reich as the main enemy - this was all scrapped once that game bombed and the IP was handed over to MachineGames. It also showed BJ fighting Hans Grosse in Wolf3D despite the latter appearing in Wolf09 and neither of them recognising the other despite supposedly having fought before. Don't think about it any of this too hard like I did. :shepface:

Also, remember the time the sequel to RTCW's F2P expansion was a prequel to Quake 2? That's gotta be canon, right?