Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

how will your horse(s) watch the fight if you are watching it at a movie theater?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Work Friend Keven posted:

drat it would be really embarrassing, Doctor THOT, if anyone knew you'd seen the fight that every person on earth is going to watch.

Would it be more embarrassing to watch this fight or not watch it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vladimir Putin posted:

depends on where you live
definitely embarrassing to stay up or get up in the am for it

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

This fight is an excuse to get with friends, get really drunk, and watch a weird rear end sporting event that may never be replicated again in our lifetimes. There is nothing embarrassing about it.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

depends on where you live
definitely embarrassing to stay up or get up in the am for it

huh, apparently living in an area that doesn't give a rat's rear end about fighting normally can have its advantages, seeing as I can see the fight for 20 euros.

but it's in the middle of the loving night, so I dunno

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
what's really embarrassing is paying to see it somewhere other than your own home because then you would miss out on getting the free hat

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

Ty1990 posted:

This fight is an excuse to get with friends, get really drunk, and watch a weird rear end sporting event that may never be replicated again in our lifetimes. There is nothing embarrassing about it.

Underwhelming mismatches in boxing happen all the time though

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Josuke Higashikata posted:

particularly when it's accepted that the amateur boxer would literally kill the pro boxer in a real fight in under a minute.

MMA isn't real fighting.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Ty1990 posted:

Agreed, add in some drugs and girls and you are in for a great night, alas.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

This fight will be bad, but I'm an rear end in a top hat and want to buy it as an excuse for my friends and I to get drunk and have fun.

I don't have cable TV, but it appears as if I can stream it on PS4 or AppleTV? Can I just sign up for a UFC.TV account, pay my hundo and stream it via their app. Is that how it works? I've never purchased a PPV before.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 25, 2017

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Wondering if this is going to be the biggest streamed sports event in America. Can the streaming servers handle the load? I mean is it going to be like Christmas morning when everybody turns on their new Xbox?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

This fight will be bad, but I'm an rear end in a top hat and want to buy it as an excuse for my friends and I to get drunk and have fun.

I don't have cable TV, but it appears as if I can stream it on PS4 or AppleTV? Can I just sign up for a UFC.TV account, pay my hundo and stream it via their app. Is that how it works? I've never purchased a PPV before.

yeah, i think so

Here's the undercard info:

Main Card Purchase Pay-Per-View Aug 26, 9:01PM ET

Cruiserweight Title Fight
Andrew Tabiti
Steve Cunningham

Light Heavyweight Title Fight
Nathan Cleverly
Badou Jack

Junior Lightweight Title Fight
Gervonta Davis
Francisco Fonseca

Post-fight Press Conference Aug 27, 1:00am

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
How can I watch this fight with no power and also maybe underwater? Thanks in advance.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

To save money I am going to astral project into the arena. There should be plenty of vacant seats due to the extreme price of tickets so I am not too worried about obstructing anyone's third-eye view or giving anyone an ethereal chill or anything, so this seems like a good idea. Anyway, how do I go about doing it? Can I drink that weird fermented tea with like alien eggs floating in it that costs $7 in the natural foods section or can I just use Lipton? Do I need to avoid eye contact with any shadow spirits I see on the way and will I need to answer any riddles or questions re: the meaning of life before I can do it? What type of music and incense should I best use?

Thanks guys, please serious answerrs only

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Tezcatlipoca posted:

How can I watch this fight with no power and also maybe underwater? Thanks in advance.

You go to the sand bar

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bluedeanie posted:

To save money I am going to astral project into the arena. There should be plenty of vacant seats due to the extreme price of tickets so I am not too worried about obstructing anyone's third-eye view or giving anyone an ethereal chill or anything, so this seems like a good idea. Anyway, how do I go about doing it? Can I drink that weird fermented tea with like alien eggs floating in it that costs $7 in the natural foods section or can I just use Lipton? Do I need to avoid eye contact with any shadow spirits I see on the way and will I need to answer any riddles or questions re: the meaning of life before I can do it? What type of music and incense should I best use?

Thanks guys, please serious answerrs only

we need to get jon benjamin in here to help you out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

to astral project into a building with so many people, you have to be very powerful. You do not have enough time to train.

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Some more thoughts RE: McGregor vs Manletweather

-MCgregor defeated the Diaz brothers, who are way bigger than he is, and mayweather is a baby compared to them

- No one is mentioning this, but Floyd is 40 years old and McGregor is in his 20s, hmm, 20ish age year difference is not good for an old guy

-another thing no one is talking about..."money" Floyd hasn't done boxing in 2 years...thats enough time to forget some muscle memory

All things added up, it just makes sents that everyone thinks McGregor is going to win, not to mention it not being a UFC rules boxing match, is probably the only reason people are giving Floyd a chance

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

coconono posted:

to astral project into a building with so many people, you have to be very powerful. You do not have enough time to train.

Don't worry he is a top technician is his field of cable TV repair. He can use all of the many lessons he has learned in that field and apply it to astral projection. Similar to how Connor McGreggor will apply all that he has learned as an MMA champion in his bout against boxing champion Floyd Mayweather.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DaFrugalGamer posted:

-MCgregor defeated the Diaz brothers, who are way bigger than he is, and mayweather is a baby compared to them

- No one is mentioning this, but Floyd is 40 years old and McGregor is in his 20s, hmm, 20ish age year difference is not good for an old guy

-another thing no one is talking about..."money" Floyd hasn't done boxing in 2 years...thats enough time to forget some muscle memory

All things added up, it just makes sents that everyone thinks McGregor is going to win, not to mention it not being a UFC rules boxing match, is probably the only reason people are giving Floyd a chance

Literally nobody has mentioned any of these things.

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
I am pretty sure Mayweather will win. Nothing is guaranteed though. So here's why McGregor could win.

- Mayweather usually stipulates a large ring size to benefit his elusive style. But even the largest boxing ring is small compared to the octagon. So at the very least, this advantage is negated. If you're really optimistic, the smaller ring would help McGregor to pressure Mayweather.

- After losing to Diaz, McGregor made adjustments for the rematch. McGregor went into the first match feeling himself, throwing crazy kicks. He eats a couple punches, shoots in, and gets abused. For the rematch, McGregor attacked Diaz's lead leg with kicks. So if you wanna extrapolate from this, mystic Mac has shown the ability to plan and adjust according to his opponent.

- The ref for the fight is Robert Byrd. This guy is pushing 80. And according to ringtv.com, is "generally regarded as a ref who doesn't meddle too much and gives boxers wide latitude, often standing off to the side, keeping a respectful distance... Rather than physically getting involved, Byrd often uses his voice to break the fighters apart."

All this adds up to what I see as the real avenue to victory for McGregor. He not only needs to pressure Mayweather and hope to land a miracle left. He needs to use his size and movement to bully Mayweather. Get in the clinch and do some in close damage. He needs to do some borderline illegal poo poo. We joke about feinting a kick, but it could work if Mac gets Mayweather reeling. Put on the pressure, do a hip fake, then punish. Toss him around a bit. Something. Make Mayweather fight Mac's fight.

Of course, it's not going to be easy to take down Mayweather. Even with the few possible reasons I posted that Mac could win, there's bunch more saying that he'll lose. I think he has a chance of winning. A small chance, but it could happen.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CommonShore posted:

Literally nobody has mentioned any of these things.

Honestly I think that not enough was made out of the fact that Floyd is much older than Connor.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Vladimir Putin posted:

Honestly I think that not enough was made out of the fact that Floyd is much older than Connor.

Floyd is older than Conor? First I've heard of it.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Floyd actually had to get a permission slip signed to leave his retirement home (strip club)

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CommonShore posted:

I think it's mostly because people trying to promote the fight are downplaying Floyd's weaknesses so that the public thinks he has a chance against McGreggor.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

CommonShore posted:

I heard this McGregor guy isn't even a boxer

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
McGregor will enter the ring and be too distracted trying to locate the four missing sides to win.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Vladimir Putin posted:

it would be more embarrassing to post about being embarrassed watching it like some kind of autistic retard

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Watching the fight is far more embarrassing than posting about it on a dead Internet forum

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
all these idiots that are gonna enjoy the fight with their friends and poo poo. me the smart goon that sees through all this bull crap is gonna buy a movie ticket and then watch the fight instead because im embarrassed

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

doctor thodt posted:

God I hate myself for paying to see this. The only way I am justifying it in my mind is I will buy a movie ticket to see something else and then sneak into this instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9WOdnR-Nfs

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
You can get 1/5 on Mayweather to win. That seems like absurdly good value.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Skip My Posts posted:

all these idiots that are gonna enjoy the fight with their friends and poo poo. me the smart goon that sees through all this bull crap is gonna buy a movie ticket and then watch the fight instead because im embarrassed

what's the movie theater scene like when a PPV goes 45 seconds? does everyone avoid eye contact and quietly shuffle out of the theater?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

what's the movie theater scene like when a PPV goes 45 seconds? does everyone avoid eye contact and quietly shuffle out of the theater?

I dunno, but we aren't gonna find out in this fight

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

You gonna be feeling Harvey? I too worry I won't have power and may be underwater for The Money Fight.

I will totally watch it otherwise though. Without a hint of shame to my game. I do like imagining the kind of people who would heap guilt on others for watching a gigantic spectacle involving two huge stars of combat sports.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

i dunno ask the retarded guy who is gonna buy a ticket for wonder woman then sneak into the fight to uhhhhhh avoid embarrassment

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
*being physically removed from theater by 16 year old usher*: glad i didnt embarrass myself

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DaFrugalGamer posted:

really struggling to tell if you are joking or not, did you c/p this from a facebook comment thread?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

empty whippet box posted:

really struggling to tell if you are joking or not, did you c/p this from a facebook comment thread?

My questioning whether or not this was a troll account somehow turned into a PC argument but I'm glad to see I'm not crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Bluedeanie - I'm setting up an elaborate network of mirrors to help you project your ghost into the event. We are going to activate your ghost mode.

• Locked thread