Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Thanks a lot Obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bundt Cake posted:

I think he might get KOd if he expends a lot of energy attacking. hard to predict what conor will do imo

If I know anything about boxing it's that it isn't up to McGregor.

I don't but I still think that's correct.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Conor is no Ricky Hatton.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

No way Conor is pulling down 50 million.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Conor's going to win.

I like an underdog

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Cheering for Floyd, I see.

You see right thru me

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That's fair, but here's a video of Floyd from only six weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cenZsucH51c

Now you know why he had to get good at fighting.

Ah, closure.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

To be alive at this time.

Wow.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The crazy thing is how many people the NSAC caught and then had to make excuses for with these methods.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah that's a tragedy but it's a tragedy caused by negligent ring doctors, refs, corner men etc. Something like that is extremely unlikely to happen in a fight this high profile with much more competent staff present. The fight will be stopped long before Floyd actually dies.

Wait I thought we agreed Conor could do anything. Don't you try to put limits on him now.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This gun's for hire

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

Most people don't give a poo poo about boxing, like the fact that it exists and who the boxers are

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Why would anyone ever fight b hop? Madness.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

No mention of the size of cubes taste. Got to assume it's at least 60%.

It is my understanding that he keeps it gangster.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

People love a freak show.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Connor shouldn't have even addressed the racism thing. Just keep calling Floyd "boy" and let everyone's head spin. Addressing that someone is calling you racist just seems to make you automatically racist now. It didn't help he started loving black girls on stage.

Calling a black man boy is pretty loving racist. Saying I don't even see color doesn't wash it away and is in fact often said by racists.

Why so sensitive about people being called racists? I thought words don't matter.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Saying you don't see race is basically everyone's response to being called racist and then responding to it.

That's why it is almost exclusively said by racists. They are trying to get out from under racist poo poo they said. It is actually every easy to not be called a racist.

Calling a black man boy is racist. You cannot excuse it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Idk dude you're acting really racist right now.

Oh boy. I'm the real racist. How clever. You got me.

I hope that was fun for you somehow but it seems like you're defending casual racism.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Saying "I'm not racist" sounds like something a racist would say hmmmm

Step up your game.

If you notice overt racism it makes you the racist.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

According to internet definitions, Conor is now a Nazi. Which, if my calculations are correct, makes Floyd Mayweather Antifa

It only makes him a racist. Admiring Hitler and being a practicing white supremacist makes you a nazi.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I mean, it seems like you're casually racist.

No you!

This is what you've sunk to. Apparently I am glue and you are rubber.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Jesus.

I'd rather speculate on how Floyd is gonna get squashed by a dude with 0 practical experience in the sport he claims to be a master of for the past 21 years. That the guy doing t is white is uninteresting to me.

He said racist poo poo. I'm not going after him for being white you ding dong.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Yea it's all my fault. Not the guy who been harping on racial prejudice when a word thats void of any specific ethnicity is used from any race toward specifically black dudes. Let's say Conor whipped out a lash and and started chewing wheat grass, then called Floyd boy. Maybe I'd see the angle there. But he's doing literally what he always does.

Maybe when black people own Irish slaves in the US for a few hundred years we can call it even but until then Conor would have to be a complete idiot to not understand the racial implications of using the word boy.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This word that is devoid of ethnic meaning but you wouldn't say it to Mayweather's face.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

This is like getting mad at the wrestler portraying Sgt Slaughter because of a promo he did lmao

Hey a lot of pro wrestling gimmicks are super racist. That's a curious derail.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rigel posted:

That, or a European who has only lived in the US for a few years.

That dog won't hunt. UK uses boy in the same racist fashion.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

im sure hes as racist as the next guy but it doesnt have that kind of connotation in the uk and ireland or probably anywhere else in the world outside of america for that matter

I think it does but I'm not prepared to do any research.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

its long since fell out of use it ever was in use, black and indian/turkish kids etc in my schools used to get all kinds of racist stuff said to them but never boy

Well, that's one anecdote heard.

edit: sorry to be snarky. I'm a bit wound up.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

So, if Connor had called him "kid" would you be ok with that? Let's not hurt anyone's feelings.

They can hurt each other physically and emotionally without resorting to shameful prejudice.

woozy pawsies posted:

Hey buddy, you're right: he's always been racist and has always said racist things. And it's good to laugh your rear end off at racist comments, they're funny.

It's so weird to me that "that guy shouldn't say racist stuff" is controversial somehow.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

Cool character assassination justifying racism

Yeah it is so easy to find nuance here.

I don't have to be in favor of the way Floyd Mayweather lives his life to think that there are still lines you can cross when it comes to basic human decency.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Srs I'm actually surprised how easy it was for him to casually call black peeps monkeys

I'm white and was taught don't do racism, it's not nice so I don't

Take note, Conor

Calling black people monkeys in the UK isn't racist tho.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Saying your watch costs two million dollars (a joke number for idiots) shook Conor almost as bad as when Diaz said you're on steroids the second time.

RIP f-dog

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

It is pretty funny that after Floyd observed people with real money don't have to wear suits Conor immediately ditched the tailored threads and rolled in to the next conference in a fuzzy toga

I have real respect for his Joe Frazier mink outfit. That's a nice tip of the hat.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Hi, what are the racist connotations of Cuban Soldier of God calling a white British cross-eyed (-handicapped) man "boy"?

If there are any they aren't very important. Cuba probably isn't going to be able to shut down DJ Mikey B.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

am0kgonzo posted:

Floyd is a woman beating piece of poo poo.

This fight and everything about it is loving stupid.

It's still not OK to say racist poo poo about him.

Do you see the difference? Violent towards women-- you are criticizing Floyd, it's fine. Monkey/boy-- you are talking about him being a black man and it's racist.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

KyloWinter posted:

Stop posting

No. Why are you coming after me instead of people who excuse racism?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Wait was that racist

Context is important so probably not.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Grem posted:

Because it happened, what, two days ago, and literally no one except some dudes on the internet care anymore. If it was in a different context it may have meant more to the societal structure of these United States but it happened during a freak show circus act and most people can see it for what it is, not some underlying narrative about the racial tensions of native Irishmen and blacks.

So it's OK to be racist if you make a circus out of it? Nope.

edit: I wish I was smart enough to understand when it is OK to say racist things. Apparently it's all the time because of a bevy of excuses.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

If people quit trying to justify racist garbage I won't have anything to say. I'm not the bad guy.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Grem posted:

Here's when it's ok to say racist things: Never. But you're not going to bring the systematic racism structure of America down by making a big deal about a circus act that is going to be washed over by a thousand more sensationalist terms, like, you know, the black guy calling the white guy a human being. This is not worth your time.

I don't support that either and I don't have any illusion that I am fixing the world.

Let it drop and I let it drop. But you want to seem to talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Grem posted:

I was answering your question. What is this "Heh well YOU answered my question so obviously YOU'RE the one with the problem" poo poo?

I was only responding to other people too.

• Locked thread