Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This is going to be an insanely fun and entertaining fight no matter what the outcome. When two huge egos clash something very fuckin funny is bound to happen and we all win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cart Mountain posted:

weird but good. why not?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JaySB posted:

Andre Berto on fighting Floyd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQjvXRcnPvw

Actually a pretty interesting bit of insight

Berto with words of advice to Conor to beat Floyd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJczoxTiQjY

Thanks for posting those - Definitely interesting to see an opinion from someone who has already faced Floyd.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jun 15, 2017

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Christ this is boring. How did they think this was a good idea? Just let McGregor talk poo poo and the fight will sell itself.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He's in a fookin' tracksuit!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

1st AD posted:

Dana is more over than most fighters lol

Conor's promo kind of sucks and Floyd looks bored

He did just say they didn't tell him he'd be giving a speech so it was pretty good for no preparation

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

What the gently caress is this Mayweather speech lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How has mayweather been fighting so long and still loving sucks at speaking before a fight

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"Yeah, we gonna get off in that rear end"

I think Cody has a long way to go with his erotic threats to beat the champ

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Who knew that even though boxing fans like to act like their sport is less of a circus and more respectable than MMA it would still come off looking infinitely more retarded even in press conference form somehow

HARD WORK

HARD WORK

HARD WORK

*paces*

POINT TO THE EASY WORK

YEEAAHHHHHHHHH

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

jay z's sedan posted:

Oh. We gonna get off in that rear end. Oh yes, get off right in that rear end. Now we know. Oh we know now.

HARD WORK

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I thought the "Look at the pinstripes, they say gently caress you" thing was a joke - somehow it's much funnier knowing it's real. What a shitshow.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Has Floyd been doing the lame HARD WORK HARD WORK HARD WORK YEAHHHHHH thing his whole career

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

butros posted:

"The shorts are Gucci"

At least after this fight he'll never need to do sponsored Instagram posts again

But he will anyway because the only thing better than having a shitload of money is having all the money

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

I don't think that was a sponsored post, he just thinks it's cool that he can afford Gucci boxing shorts

I'm just so used to everything a celebrity posts on instagram now being sponsored in one way or another that I just assume they all are

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

floyd will be pissed when someone tells him who's name is on that jersey

lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

loving lol

I love this retarded circus

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I mean, Floyd is probably gonna school Conor. But...

What if he doesn't?

I'd rather live in the world where Conor somehow manages to pull it off. That world is really fuckin' funny.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Vladimir Putin posted:

Why does his camp let him do this goofy poo poo in public?

There's a segment of people that will buy ppv's based on the fact they're dumb enough to believe Conor might try to kick his head off during a boxing match and goofy poo poo like that feeds into it

Then again he may get his brain rattled by punches and forget not to kick Floyd in the head while on autopilot so there's that

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

My feeling is it's pretty much just a curiosity and the "press tour" only served to expose it as the stunt it is. All fine and good, but none of the boxing/mma fans I personally know are dropping $100 to find out "lol what would happen if..."

Seriously, is anyone here gonna buy this?

It's a spectacle that everyone that I know that watches fights is super into - so definitely going to watch it with a bunch of them. It's gonna be a great time regardless of how stupid it ends up. The hype for it is crazy and that means the atmosphere is going to be really fun to be a part of.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JaySB posted:

Boxing footwork, in general, is much more intensive than MMA footwork. Especially for the non professional boxer who likes to stand in a wide legged karate stance trying to hit the least hittable boxer on planet earth.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

As stupid as it all is - we're all going to have a really good time watching this shitshow unfold.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

please god make one of these athletes utter one of the illegal words so i dont have to read this

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

As an athlete who ruled his sport for years and has tons of money not only does he have fans but he's also someone many young people aspire to be like. I mean, Michael Jordan is a terrible person too and look at his legacy.

Often times people don't give a poo poo about the personality behind the athlete because hey look how good they are at something. But you knew that already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

It's going to be so bad rear end when Conor McGregor causes a global financial crisis

• Locked thread