Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JaySB posted:

Sorry, I meant 50-0 obv.

I just assumed you were thinking ahead to the rematch and another ridiculous pay day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Snowman_McK posted:

What's an example of a really good boxing match to demonstrate the difference between 'punches hard' and 'good boxer'?

Would the Holyfield/Tyson fights count?

These are more competitive than I expect this fight to be and most of the brawlers are pretty ok boxers too, but any of the Ali-Frazier trilogy for a start. Any Pacquiao vs Marquez. Provodnikov vs Bradley for something more recent, or Provodnikov/Algieri. Tyson vs Lewis for bad Tyson, Tyson vs Michael Spinks for good Tyson.

And I just realized before looking for more that you weren't asking for swarming fighters vs pure boxers, leaving it anyway because these are some interesting fights.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 16, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Specific good boxer who hits (really) hard vs good puncher example: GGG vs Curtis Stevens, although I'm not sure how much there is to learn from watching the fight. Golovkin dropped Stevens (who really does have completely legit power) and Stevens just got worked until he quit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

vaginal facsimile posted:

The best boxing match is the original Rocky

Just go with the boxing match which is the most Rocky type fight to ever happen in real life.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm pretty sure that title goes to Muhammad Ali/Chuck Wepner.

I meant the absolutely no defense fighting style Stallone brought to the big screen, not the inspiration. Gatti-Ward 1 Round 9 is probably an even better real life analogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kimbo305 posted:

Maybe ducking and intentionally getting tangled under the ropes. Or if your John Ruiz, clinching forever.

Seems like most guys who want out of a boxing match but don't want to quit just start fouling in progressively more obvious fashion.

• Locked thread