Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

there's no one in Conor's nickname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I know approximately gently caress all about legit punchsports but Conor doesn't REALLY think he has a chance, does he? Does anyone think that?

On the miracle chance he wins: "i'm the best fighter ever" +£50 million in the bank
When he loses: "I'm a double weight world champion in MMA, I just fought the greatest boxer of all time and gave him a good fight, what's everyone else doing? I'm the best fighter ever" +£50 million in the bank
Fight doesn't happen: "Floyd's scared. I'm the best fighter ever"

there's no lose scenario for Conor here.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

there is a 100% chance that an enormous ego is going to be completely embarrassed

I don't think it's out of the question that both somehow manage to embarrass themselves.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's probably contracts and licenses to consider for them too.

Just an example, dunno if this is how it strictly works: If all UFC PPV's are carried for free on BT Sport as part of the contract, if it's a UFC PPV, they'd probably have to let people watch it for free but if you let showtime run it, you can probably sell it without having to deal with poo poo like that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

I can confidently say that COnor "Kid Notorious" McGregor is better than fictional background character from a period movie, Errol Spence Junior.

lol

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That video is sick.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

More, I think. Manny's a bit smaller and can get hit coming in. I think Floyd rests on a realm above that.

True, but Manny can pop though so while the skill level would be marginally easier for Conor, the risk of getting starched is significantly higher too

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

coconono posted:

if Conor doesn't TKO/KO Mayweather by Round 3, he loses. I'm completely uncultured to boxing but I've seen Mayweather fights and that dude just floats. Conor can't touch that.

He's a defensive puzzle that some of the greatest boxers of their generation, such as Manny Pacquiao and Oscar De La Hoya couldn't solve. It's entirely possible some of the people Money has fought hit harder than Conor too. There's really not much of a chance here barring Money's skills suddenly dropping off a cliff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

in mma terms, i think this is actually the opposite buncey

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 15, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kills the greatest featherweight of all time in 13 seconds: "Garbage"
Knocks the gently caress out of the Lightweight champion while barely being touched: "LOL this guy can't even throw a punch"
Gets choked out by Nate Diaz: "Holy gently caress, Conor might just be legit..."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

what are you doing with those books over there?
called reading harry potter
does it work?
if do right, no can defense

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Boxing is good
Like eating food
Masturbating
and watching a man get punched in the dick

It's not as good as doing those three things at the same time though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

anyone know mcgregor irl ? i bet all of the money i own on him winning so i want him to read this ancient scroll containing the mystic arts of the orient http://i.imgur.com/2I35cgZ.jpg

i do

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I dunno if that's a fair statement. Nate Diaz is a very good MMA striker and unorthodox as hell, he's not really been boxed up besides that.

Basically, the bar for good defence by MMA standards is extremely low.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 28, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Floyd Mayweather may be a master of the "Philly Shell" but how will he deal with with Conor McGregor's "Black Dranzer" of the Beyblade school of boxing?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

you need to listen to it while doing your mewvment coach routine

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

how can boxing be as hard as mma they get 11 breaks between rounds instead of 4

lazy fucks!!!!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Forceholy posted:

You guys remember when mentioning :filez: was a banable offense?

won't someone please think of the multibillion dollar businesses

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

coconono posted:

hmm give $100 to a woman beating tax cheat or spend the next month cleaning russian cooties out of my computer. hmmmm

just lol if you dont want to meet hot russian singles in your area

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Benne posted:

Conor's gonna say something extremely racist isn't he

Took about 4 hours for it to make the news from Benne posting that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

"Why are you even wearing a schoolbag? You can't even read"

That's a good question to ask to be honest.

That was really good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

coconono posted:

When did Conor start talking like Nick Diaz?

Getting Diazed is like a contact high

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Brain Curry posted:

My racism is cheeky and fun, but their racism is cruel and tragic.

Should have just said brazilian instead of black. He's a rookie racist. Way better a couple of years back. Ring rust is real...

e:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/13/15969848/floyd-mayweather-to-conor-mcgregor-you-cant-disrespect-black-people

i kind of like the bit where he says "he says negative things like i can't read or count but he doesn't mention the positives" without denying that.

also stay tuned to the end to see floyd totally not give a gently caress at helwani's stupid question

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 14, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder how many careers are ended by racism in America yearly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I back McGregor because he indirectly gave us that post about orange women and bad posture.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probably a news paper ad in Glasgow.

If you have an MMA record and want some dosh ring 0191xxxxxx

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah... the question isn't if Conor knocks him out, it's how.

by using the Kaioken x 10

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

threeagainstfour posted:

Paulie going into great detail on his experience in the McGregor camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9eTmkE_kQ8

I read the recap instead of watching it but it says Conor was whooping me but then I whooped him and then he came on strong and whooped me again so there's like no chance that Paulie is actually telling the truth about that being a push because he can't even make himself come across well while being salt mountain about Conor

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

freud mayweather posted:

does anyone have that clip of Paulie actually hurting someone with a punch and being completely surprised by it?

Edit: https://youtu.be/n2u6CcnzXEs

lmao, this is just kind of depressing actually

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's interesting because it's interesting to see these kind of figures. Interesting doesn't imply surprise or disbelief or anything like that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/VasylLomachenko/status/894991628510912512

wonder if conor could keep a straight face while telling people he beat this dude in sparring

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think that it's quite impressive that in a boxing match between one of the greatest to ever take part in the sport and a dude who has never had a boxing match, Paulie Malignaggi is the most owned person of all despite not being really related to this situation with a simply Rockhold-esque performance before the fight even happened.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I've noticed that nobdody has ever really hit him really hard before, try that

Everyone else lost, maybe try winning?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if you go to conor's wikipedia page, the picture for his MMA fighter profile box is very happy but if you scroll down to the one boxing profile box he looks a bit glum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_McGregor

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it's still the same

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Scroll down my dickipdia page

also glum

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Log posted:

I'm not reading fifty-one pages.

Does anyone actually, genuinely believe Conor will win a decision or that Mayweather will actually knock someone out?

My personal guess is Conor can only take it in the first four. But I've lost four hundo to date betting against Conor so...yeah let's hope that happens. .

We all saw the video an Indian tv station leaked last week. Conor knocks Floyd out in the fourth with a one-inch punch

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if this calculator i used is right, betting 50k to win roughly 15k is craziness, even if it looks like free money

good luck though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best outcome is Conor teaches Floyd how to read so that can enjoy the Dragonball manga together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jose posted:

there were 600 posts since i last checked this thread has anything interesting happened or is it even more of a joke than before?

just malignaggi making a fool of himself

• Locked thread