Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Snowman_McK posted:

At the small cost of the legitimacy of the lightweight division and actual lightweight title fights.

Those two things are of immense benefit to Conor. I'm asking about the benefit to the sport. Because PPV buys outside of him and Ronda are down and the title picture in half the divisions is either hosed or dire.

surprising you have this many tears left after you shed so many for mighty mouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

haha

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i thought tj did pretty well considering that is lomachenko

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
its funny because tj seems like he's going a bit harder than lomachenko and when he finally lands a good shot lomachenko starts turning it up and takin it to him

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
crazy

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
dana and floyd are both probably very happy to gently caress over de la hoya

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

surf rock posted:

I goddamn hate Mayweather, but McGregor has a worse chance to win his fight than CM Punk did against Gall, right? Like, we're going to see McGregor get loving slaughtered.

Also, will there be other fights on the card before this one? I definitely want to throw or attend a party for this, but people are gonna be loving pissed if there isn't at least one competitive fight on the card.

id say he has a better chance than cm punk since he's actually good at fighting at a basic level

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

candide posted:

Which Buffer is going to do the introductions?

zutroy buffer, the long lost third brother

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

That's fair, but here's a video of Floyd from only six weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cenZsucH51c

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
congrats to conor on securing the biggest money fight since where's my bong, niggy? in the driveway

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

cant win them all

Floyd did

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat she gave canelo 6 rounds in that fight?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He lives in a home for retarded adults

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Paulie is cool

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The honkers weren't efficient with their energy

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lid posted:

Oh its happening but Cube is going to sit on it until the money is right.

Sure

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Not unless cube says it's cool

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
probably better off that way if you wanna talk about other fights without having to sort through all the conor/mayweather poo poo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you're right but i'm sure he knows about how lines work

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i'm gonna watch it at my friend javi's house who got so mad during mayweather/marquez that he smashed a xbox controller and a nice lamp and "gave up on boxing"

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Think How mad he's going to get when Conor wins and calls out the New York Yankees

cant wait

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
its unethical to not take that sucker's money

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i read somewhere floyd was worried conor would do something crazy and get disqualified so they wrote something into the contract that severely punishes him if that happens

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

The SituAsian posted:

Unless the punishment is he loses his entire purse than the possibility can't be totally discounted.

I'm sure it's a very substantial portion of the purse

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
any news on whether or not Ice Cube is gonna allow the fight to happen?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
fight aint even happenin without cube's blessing

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this is like when the rumble in the jungle almost didnt happen because the jackson five had the gymnasium booked for racquetball

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
*puts pinky to lip* one promotional tweet

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
youd have to be retarded to compare conor to cm punk or ronda rousey

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

man conor / floyd in a boxing match is way more of a mismatch than cm punk and mickey gall in mma. it's hard to verbalise how much of a competitive fight this is not.

you might be right but at least conor can legitimately fight well in general

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
conor is bringing in paule malignaggi to be a sparring partner and speaking coach

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

Samuel L Jackson has already starred in the movie where the dominant black champion faces some irish dude who doesn't belong in the ring with him and america convinces itself that the irish dude stands a chance

star wars episode 1: the phantom menace

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Legally if you cum in a MMA match you lose under the new ruleset but nobodys taken advantage of that yet.

Bull poo poo rule

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

coconono posted:

Who was the celebrity boxer that faked a heart attack and then sucker punched a win by TKO? Conor should watch that and learn something.

im guessing mickey rourke?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

tesilential posted:

Outside of Olympic boxing, combat sports are not legitimate sport. It's sports entertainment, every single fight event is attempting to print money.

Olympic boxing is the most corrupt and terrible poo poo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

tesilential posted:

Right the judges suck but at least the system attempts to find #1 and #2 and get them to fight each other. Pro combat sports attempt pit the most popular fighters against each other.

maybe #1 and #2 biggest bribe to the olympic boxing association

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19952963/floyd-mayweather-leans-conor-mcgregor-bout-tax-petition-asks-irs-temporary-reprieve

"Although the taxpayer has substantial assets, those assets are restricted and primarily illiquid," the petition said, according to the legal website Law360. "The taxpayer has a significant liquidity event scheduled in about 60 days from which he intends to pay the balance of the 2015 tax liability due and outstanding."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
More illiquid than cash I guess lol

• Locked thread