Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Cool finals but it was just one mark short of 16-0. Will we ever have a 16-0 in our lifetime now with the prevalence of jump shooting? Because really how likely in the future could a team go hot for 4 games while the other team who made it to the final go cold for four straight.

Also if you want to meltdown over the finals mvp kevin durant keep it in the other threads, we got real meaningful basketball to talk about

Lots of juicy free agents this summer, here's the cheat sheet:
http://hoopshype.com/2017/04/26/nba-free-agency-2017-the-top-players/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

If they are willing to pay the luxury tax they would look the cavs now where they can't sign anyone new to the team except for veterans on min contracts so they're stuck with iman shumpert taking minutes

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Maybe once derrick rose gets wavered mid season for being derrick rose the cavs could pick him up for the minimum

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Should've told her that they needed another alpha

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

What's even the point of that leak, is it just danny ainge trying to put some noise out there so people will go hey look he's trying, he's trying really hard okay!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah as a non story to divert attention from trading their pick. Seems pretty random otherwise, what's next a article titled knicks will try to make the playoff this year

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Oh it's just some clickbait crap

Cool Buff Man posted:

Do you know how to read

Hold on, let me write a note next to my desk titled don't make jokes about the celtics or cool buff man will get really personal and defensive about it during these trying times

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The Decision part three huh, but they say trilogies suck

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Lmao is it really already considered "Billups/Cavs". I hope billups makes good on his tweet and trades love for melo like holy poo poo not even in my wildest dreams did I think it was in the realm of fanfic possibility and now I feel like it would come at a terrible monkey paw type price where it happens but phil will trade porzingis just to move up on the draft because mark cuban is spooking him

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Durant should come to new york then where there are plenty of farts to be had while waiting for a late subway due to 'signal problems' in one of the many broken down subway platforms and then plenty of farts to smell while squeezed inside a jam packed subway train

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The timing of the firing also plays into why it is so bad. The guy got fired three days before the draft for a reason that seems to have been stewing inside gilbert's colons for a while now. If he wanted him out so badly he should've done it a week earlier instead of kicking the pilot out of the airplane right before they are about to start descending

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Lebron might be the one walking into the office going Get me kyle korver and the guy whose office it belonged to did the obeying but the 29 other teams in the league do not humor every little whim and desire that comes out of lebron. You still need someone with the title to get on the phone and do all the wooing and figure out all the math and paperworks. And firing someone who listened to lebron doesn't seem like a good move to appease lebron.

Billups might end up doing the same and defer to lebron so the last point might not matter as much but who knows if billups would be as good in figuring out how to actually make lebron's wishes come true.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Anals of History posted:

I'm guessing Billups' sole priority is going to be helping Gilbert avoid luxury / repeater tax and to cut off Lebron's influence in the front office. If they wanted someone willing to defer to Lebron, why not keep Griffin?

Yeah that's what logic points to which makes it bad for cleveland fans and humorous for everyone else. instead of 3-1 it's going to be a whole year of reporters asking after every bad cav lose going hey lebron are you going to re sign???

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Don't do it Suns. Trade love for melo billups

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Fake news since everyone knew phil was willing to trade kp months ago. Keep the real stories moving

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Fake fake fake! *stomps around in a circle with a red face* Phil is going to trade kp to move up in the draft, trade melo with willy to get love, and then re-sign derrick rose for 80m/4 years

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Sorry bud but you're stuck in this hellscape with the rest of us and with no knicks gossip to distract you you'll have nothing to do with the subway wifi and have to stare at the platform rats while waiting for the delayed trains

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Don't do it, atleast keep porzingis in the east so I can watch him play every now and then :qq::qq::qq::qq:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Knicks fandom selling their souls to the devil right now and doing the unthinkable of praying to dolan so that he will step in and torpedo all this by firing phil

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A thousand years of darkness or a thousand years of darkness, the difference is just who will be with you

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

The Knicks aren't going to have any fans left if they make this move

They'll still have the phil jackson apologists who will forgive any move, praise his name, phil makes as clever and 4th dimensional chess when if they were made by anyone else they would just be considered bad moves plain and simple. People are already making poo poo up to apologize for phil: porzingis is 7 3 who can't defend, overrated, not a superstar, didn't improve in his second season (mostly due to moves phil made), dramaqueen and if you can swap porzingis for two first round picks then who says no etc

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 20, 2017

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Oh my god lavar ball with daily access tot he new york media :cripes: That might be the only thing that would make me quit on the knicks and the nba

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Reminds of those games of zone episodes where they kept having magic say that he is getting traded

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

For a while now the Lakers is where centers go to get turned into a trash can sooo they better hope brook will break that curse

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

So the nets are going to be back to not having any first round picks until 2019

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Current alpha status: 1/3

Two more spots to fill

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah I'm not hating on the trade on the lakers side as much as you guys seem to be. What I don't get is why the nets would make this trade

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Brook is like an allstar tier if his foot would stay healthy

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

What pg's agent wants doesn't really mean what pg wants or even cares about so that seems like a really silly tweet unless it's written weird and was meant to say that pg wanted to play with dlo

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I don't watch the nets either but just one guy's rebounding numbers don't mean much. The lakers could just let randle handle the board no?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I think the deal with nets is fine for the lakers. But this rumored offer of giving up the rest of their assets just to get paul george earlier would be real, real bad

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

i love that these are the guys espn didn't lay off

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Atleast he still looks like something a sixth grader drew

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Butler 100% could be the second best piece of a championship team. If Lebron had jimmy he would've won the first cav vs warriors 100%

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It's going to be a last man standing contest as these old bodies pretend to be able to handle that type of action again

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I bet they've spent atleast 100 man hours on figuring out a way to abbreviate a new stat into w.i.g.g.i.n.s.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/RTHoopsTalk/status/880031411612332033

Good riddance to this relic. Setting aside everything else like the ntc, triangle crap, ignoring dolan's highly paid and competent scouting staff, loving kurt rambis, bad contacts everyone saw miles away, etc etc etc etc, one of the first thing phil said when he took the job was that he was going to clean up the cloud over the organization and fix the culture around here. And so what did he do during his tenure here? Fire coaching staff for not running the triangle. Leak passive aggressive things to the media through his mouthpieces. Tank the trade value of players he wanted to get rid of and continue insulting the ones he did get rid of for dimes on the dollar. Try to play mindgames with someone almost a fourth of his age or whatever he was doing.

Won't miss him even after dolan rehires isiah or uses a 1st rounder to get masai

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

The Knicks falling to the fourth pick was the best thing to happen to the knicks since phil went on the record to boast that he would've ignored the scouting staff who really wanted porzingis over okafor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Hey rockets hey

Sign derrick rose with your mle

• Locked thread