Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Okay, now that that's all over, let's talk about important stuff: who wants Carmelo Anthony? I mean that as a serious topic of conversation. Where does he fit? I honestly can't figure out where he can go or in what situation he would actually be a positive for a team. Is there any team that a) can take him that b) would actually need him? A Griffin-less Clippers team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

Buddy Hield, looks like you made it

I honestly couldn't tell what that said and thought it was just HELP

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Swap Blake and Melo and you got yourselves three-fourths of a banana boat!

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
The NBA is incredibly entertaining and there is at least one reason to watch every single team, every single night. Except the Magic. But, like, the Magic are going to be playing an interesting team every night! So even the Magic.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Spite posted:

What happens when Orlando plays Brooklyn?

You can root for cool people who work hard and have fun! https://www.theplayerstribune.com/sean-kilpatrick-the-lox-a-yonkers-tale/

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I really want the Warriors to revive Nick Young's career in a Javale McGee-like way. Alternatively he should definitely, definitely sign up to be a third or fourth alpha.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Dexo posted:

I'm trying to think what coaches are on the hot seat that isn't on a rebuilding team that Doc Rivers could go work for because Lord knows he's not staying on the Clippers.

CLEVELAND

Is Blake's paperwork through or can he do the same thing that Paul did, i.e. take the option and get traded?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Cool Buff Man posted:

Pelicans. Sorry Kibner

Yeah but that would mean Austin can come back??

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

aBagorn posted:

Sixers gonna make the playoffs

Sure, why not? Are there even eight decent teams in the East?

Cavs
Celts
Wizards
Bucks
Raptors without Lowry?

Who's ahead of them if they're healthy? Charlotte? Whatever the Hawks look like without Milsap? The second-half-of-last-season Heat? I feel like all three of those teams would have to overperform for the Sixers to stay out. Again, if they're healthy, which I suppose is them overperforming.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Am I dumb, or does Iggy not meeting with Golden State not mean anything? He knows what they have to offer him. He doesn't need a powerpoint presentation.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Please, sir, no, sir, not Jeff Teague, sir, we'd like Kyle Lowry on this team, sir

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Clippers to replace Redick and Crawford with a player that is completely unlike either of them in any way, quite literally the inverse of Jamal Crawford (although both are very likable dudes)

edit: honestly who scores points on this team when Blake and Gallo are hurt for 30 games?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I'm very excited to see how the Morii influence this fun new Wizards-Celtics rivalry. Also someone post that video/gif of Markieff watching Oubre's pounce.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

kiimo posted:

Clippers should move back to San Diego and take advantage of the power vacuum.

I would love that but there's no way this city would support an NBA team. I feel like successful "small market" (SD is not at all small but that's how it's labeled) teams work by tapping into their host cities' identities, and if San Diego has an identity, it's that it's the City That Is Really Pretty But Has Absolutely Nothing Under the Surface. We're working on an MLS team, which I think would work, but the developers that are pushing it are particularly shady and keep getting called out on their bullshit, so we'll see.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

EvanTH posted:

everybody I know what lives in SD loves it but doesn't respect it and barely considers themselves residents. It's odd stuff

I grew up and have lived my whole life in San Diego and it was weird the first time I went to the east coast and said "Oh, so this is what a city is." San Diego is a whole bunch of very, very different neighborhoods that all either actively refuse to acknowledge each others' existence or are outright antagonistic to each other. It's a beautiful place full of beautiful people and it's sunny and 75 degrees all the time and there's just about every pleasant kind of natural environment within a half hour and we have the best Mexican food on the planet at every tier. But yeah, it's barely a city.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Does this mean Memphis gets to wear those Sounds jerseys all the time because if so I am joining Nick full-time.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
The last page made me look up to see how Nate Robinson did in his G-League stint and lo and behold he just finished a season in the Venezuelan league and his team (Guaros De Lara) won the league championship! The league website does not appear to have up-to-date boxscores and the most recent story is from June, before the final:

quote:

Guaros (4-0) dispatched Crocodiles of Caracas (0-4) at the United Nations Park with a 97-95 board (28-22, 22-25, 24-26, 23-22) to dethrone the champion of the League and also the Western Conference.

Six players of Guaros stood out with double figure, being Lazar Hayward best with 17 points. He was followed by Gregory Echenique with 16, Nate Robinson 14, Jose Vargas 13, and Luis Bethelmy and Néstor Colmenares finished with ten each. For Crocodiles Carl Elliott stood out with 23 points.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
So let's say IT's hip is much worse and he's out for the East Finals, so the trade is basically a Kyrie for Crowder swap. How many games do the Celtics win in that hypothetical series? Assuming full health for both teams outside of IT.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
As a person who is going all in on the Timberwolves and is irrationally optimistic about them, 48 is a lot of wins. That's more games than they've won in 15 years.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Lockback posted:

I'd take the under, but it's close. Jimmy Butler dragged a terrible roster to .500 last year, sniffing 50 is certainly reasonable, even if it is a bit optimistic.

Sure but he did it in the East. Not only is it the better side in general, I feel like every team in the West got better outside LAC, MEM, and UTA (and GSW but you know). I feel like 50 wins is everything going right: Towns continuing to improve, Wiggins taking the next step, Butler going off, the defense coming together, and the bench not blowing it every night. I'd consider it a great season for 3 out of the 5 of those. And I feel like #2 and 3 might conflict a bit, at least early on.

edit: I'm more than happy to be surprised though!

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Why is that spooky ghost yelling at that bemused young man

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

This owns by the way. https://streamable.com/dinm2

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Zogo, assuming you're going to set up your yearly poll, can you have us all guess as to how many regular season games Wade will play?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
If they make the team selection live it will be so good. Have them all line up against the wall of a gym. Keep ten high definition cameras locked onto KD's face from every angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im pretty confident about the basic rules but i have a hard time understanding the flow of the game, the strategy i guess. Positions and roles, things to look for that arent sick dunks, that kind of thing

It is great that you are trying to learn! But it is also important to know that looking for sick dunks is a perfectly acceptable and wholly enjoyable way to consume the sport of basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIUHj8gSkoM

• Locked thread