Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Who will win MVP in two weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

Like, if I'm a fan of a bad and/or small market team I look at the Golden State Warriors and go "Hey, this means this could happen to my team!" They drafted 3/4 of their stars and got a 4th despite historically being a huge loving joke of a franchise.

They have five titles.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Jack's Flow posted:

Warriors draft talk sent me down the memory lane of horrible draft nights and wasted lottery picks. gently caress you, Mike Dunleavy Jr.

Do you guys remember Summer League sensation Nikoloz Tskitishvili? His career history is pretty amazing:

That dude has seen a lot of lovely gyms.

If you aren't rooting for Foolad Mahan Isfahan I don't know what the gently caress you are doing with your life

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

Steph smoking a cigar? Isn't he worried about the health repercussions? He is an athlete and that seems very dangerous!!!

The great ones tell lung cancer "not today"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I know it's probably a slim chance but would anybody be really surprised if Kerr retired with his back issues?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The NBA draft for next year is before the MVP announcement for this year lol

Why did they do it like this?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Out of curiosity are there any rules against an owner owning more than one team?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
so what's the over/under on the number of games Fultz actually plays?

i say 17.5 is a fair number, but i would still consider taking the under if it was 0.5.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Mambold posted:

I only wish that was the worst of that sitchiation.

It's a pretty good representation of the administration as a whole though

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah. Would hate to tarnish the impeccable reputation the Knicks have going for them right now.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Actually lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'd be cool with VC signing with any team that might get him a ring before he retires in ten years.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Brolander posted:

don't get me wrong, I love VC, but a 40 year old vince carter is not a difference maker

I would be okay with him riding the bench all the way to a ring. I just want to see him get one.

All my favorite stars as a kid are pretty much gone and Vince is one of the last ones left (can't actually think of anyone else off the top of my head).

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Away all Goats posted:

Vince needs to sign with GSW and cruise to an easy ring, he's deserved it. Unlike some other wing players...

It would be one of the few things that would get me to root for GSW.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

EvanTH posted:

Kenyon Martin on The Breakfast Club:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEpqzmSqIsw
-JR filled his white-interior range rover with butter popcorn instead of plain, yuck. Martin's payback prank was making JR think he was about to get drug tested lol
-George Karl is a True POS and Martin will say that to his face because why wouldn't you
-Old Mannish complaining about how the game is SOFT now, I guess because some of the worst teams in the league are bad
-Why AI was so god damned good
-Much Much more!

until i see IT do something this savage, AI will always be the best small dude ever :colbert:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Fast Luck posted:

Joel Embiid is the best defensive anchor in the NBA already, statistics confirm. He'll be able to cover up the deficiencies of his young teammates and the Sixers will make the playoffs. Kevin Durant is a hater.

cant play defense if you cant play basketball

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
so i guess other than the Cavs and maybe the.... i dunno, the wizards? the east is basically the minor leagues lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
next year when Lebron goes to the Lakers they should just stop inviting the eastern conference to the playoffs all together.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

dokmo posted:

I am still totally confused as to the Paul George deal. Regardless of what Boston offered, there was at least one other deal offered that was much, much better than what OKC offered. And if the intention was to get him out of the Eastern Conference, I know of at least one offer from a Western Conference team that involved picks and didn't involve Oladipo's terrible contact. I cannot get my head around this.

in 2017, things aren't supposed to make sense.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Lebron to OKC and they resign PG next year who says no?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

xbilkis posted:

Can someone explain the Sixers strategy of offering big one-year deals to veterans? If you're not going to retain anyone long-term then why are you even bothering adding pieces to "compete" next year

they need people to play while they prep for their future of having a lineup of 26+ years old rookies

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

NotWearingPants posted:

I feel like Simmons will have benefited from the year of watching, just as Embiid did, and will play at a level beyond one might expect from a rookie.

Watching and working around the NBA for a year will make you a better than average rookie? :aaaaa:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

DeimosRising posted:

Iirc the original had something about how he was assymetric and not working out his non dominant side correctly. Something like that (bullshit probably)

this is actually a pretty common thing in weightlifting

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/editor_dan/status/881332808714788864

It's time to have a serious discussion: Does Kawhi Leonard own any clothes that weren't given to him by his basketball team

Kawhi seems like a guy who would rather diversify his investment portfolio than buy a pair of shoes.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
KD still bitchmade lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Sheriff posted:

It only hurts his brand if people think it's real. It will make the rounds today as if it were legitimate, then tomorrow or the next day someone employed in another Disney subsidiary will interview Peyton about what a fantastic job he did hosting and he'll confirm that it was rehearsed and maybe even say it was Durant's idea in the first place, depending on how hard he gets raked over the coals today.

So instead of looking totally shook, it'll look like he's so far beyond that stuff that he's cracking jokes about it.

Nah he a shook bitch

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Eltoasto posted:

So is this how Lonzo fixed his shot?

The Ivan Oozes

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Who is the white guy?

The Designated Small Friend

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Tea bagging was just a thing in the 90s. It didn't go out of style because it's inappropriate, it went out of style because online video games blew up and this new generation of lazy millennials just virtually tea bag instead of going outside to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

pubic works project posted:

Look at my biceps...!

Stop obsessing over me. I told you I was the white dude. I may or may not talk about myself in the third person....

i'm looking at your bulge-cep :gay:

• Locked thread