Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's like all these people who poo poo talk Westbrook completely ignore the message of that Mountain Dew commercial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/874481682283364352

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

RaySmuckles posted:

thanks? :shrug:

i was just lucky that as a kid that i picked david robinson as my favorite player and then the spurs got duncan like 5 years later.

anyway, if anyone wanted to see a picture that perfectly encapsulates why everyone in the world should hate the warriors now here you go:

gently caress the warriors

Buddy Hield, looks like you made it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Slightly related but it brings a small smile to my face when I hear that Hansen is basically black balled by the league now.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Culture to me is admiring some artisan graffiti on a dilapidated apartment building while I eat my sushirito.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Contracting the league would only make it better because there would be less bad GMs and bad coaches in the league

Parity can be achieved by GMs randomly getting assigned to different teams

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Watching the Kings play the Magic in February when you've had a few beers is also incredibly fun

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Go to summer league where you can see Glen Rice Jr. drop a billion points on the Spurs and you think the Wiz have a new starter

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm there Friday through Sunday the first week but I'm a mix of super obnoxious and super boring. Feel free to say hi or hang out anyway

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 18, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Summer League is a bunch of bad basketball that people get excited for because it's 8 hours a day, in Vegas, and the first look a bunch of us get at rookies

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Team getting expensive so better trade away cost controlled assets?????

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

But seriously :lol: that Vlade's stupid rear end made this possible because the farthest he looks ahead is to his next smoke break

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ainge is basically banking on there really being 4 elite prospects

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yeah Kings were bad this year and they still had the 8th worst record. They won't be good in 19 but not good doesn't necessarily mean top 5 pick. There are a lot of bad teams in the league

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Look, Terry Rozier is untouchable in trades so therefore you have to pass on anyone that plays his position too

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Danny Ainge is the Doc Rivers of GMs?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Papa John dropped 20lbs!!!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sacramento has shitloads of cap and no ability to use it. Loop us in with your trash please

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/876829310350393348

Didn't we just hear about how he and the Warriors already agreed on a price

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ainge you monster

quote:

Two front-office sources I’ve spoken to said the Celtics have already explored the possibility of moving down again in the draft. As of now, there’s nothing on the table, but Boston is open to the possibility if the deal is right.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The NBA is in a chaotic regressive phase right now. All-star trade deals will continue to regress from what Cousins fetched

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

Im the obese gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you guy from the Canonical Yankees Fans gif right now

I'm the pajama girl Henderson gif right now. Just taking in the chaos

Philly fans are that smiling black guy

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm in Boston right now and it seems pretty cool. Harpoon is pretty good, go UC Davis Ags

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

With predictably already hearing that McCaw looks good so Igoudala leaving isn't that big of a deal

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Matt Barnes looked completely cooked last year, can't wait to see what another year does to him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fisherman's Wharf has really bad clam chowder, which I don't understand how you gently caress up. Even Cambells in a toasted bread bowl will get a C grade from me. I'll find any reason to crap on SF like a hobo but I'll give them a break on wharf related criticism

7 times out of 10 I'm in SF to meet some out of towners who are going there the first time so 7 out of 10 times I'm eating at some poo poo place on the wharf. I went to some poo poo pizza buffet on the wharf one time and died a little inside

Avoid the loving wharf please.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 19, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

He probably said he wasn't going to trade for PG or Butler and bald LeBron made the throat slash gesture

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

LeBron can and will sacrifice every asset though 2030 to win another ring. They won't mind and it would probably be the best decision anyway

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lol if the Cavs owner ruined LeBron's best shot at another ring because he's an rear end in a top hat

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Butler without losing their big 3, I think that leaves them inline to challenge GSW.

If it means losing Love, probably puts them right around where they were, so no.

Yeah. If they can get PG or Butler without giving up Love then they are in a great spot. But giving up Love is just swapping around deck chairs for a pattern that maybe matches the boat design a little nicer

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

warcrimes posted:

nobody is saying that

Hi warcrimes I didn't realize you spoke for every Warriors fan online glad to meet such a prestigious online poster

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ok I know I said Boston is pretty cool but now I'm in an Uber that has sports talk radio on

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Kings business manager, literally the only well performing (excellent even) side of the organization, is leaving. Both sides say it's amicable but Carmichael Dave is going off on it. So yay Vivek

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Metapod posted:

y'all laugh but look at his team building skills

Lol what the gently caress is a team staring Reggie Evans, Larry Hughes, and Brian Cook going to do

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/876996442434535424

Is there something wrong with Russell I should know about? Because I'd do that

Chad Ford so probably fake but if true Vlade get on that poo poo. Jackson/Issac/Tatum plus Russell is now the best case scenario for us

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rick please record your reaction when you find out your starting back court is Kennard/Ball

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Man, TFF would have an aneurysm if the NFL off-season was run like this. I mean, the #1 pick just got traded and that is like only the 4th dumbest thing I've heard so far today

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Banana Boat team will form only when they are all old and broken. Like Jet Li vs Jackie Cha

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

Man, TFF would have an aneurysm if the NFL off-season was run like this. I mean, the #1 pick just got traded and that is like only the 4th dumbest thing I've heard so far today

5th dumbest

quote:

Ireland just said on ESPN Radio that Ainge threaten to take Lonzo Ball unless they receive some sort of incentives from the Lakers. Hours later the "Fultz murdered his workout with the Lakers" leaked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't care if it didn't happen, Ainge trying to shake down the team with the #2 pick over Ball is now NBA canon.

Is he loving trying to shake Phoenix down over Issac now too

• Locked thread