Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The people I don't like had a team from the city they live in win a thing noooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

zoux posted:

Love too defend the guy that invented the juice squeezing machine.

Dan Gilbert stole people's houses. Who cares. You're not going to find a moral high ground in professional sports.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Personality is a trait Pop eliminated through selective breeding programs several generations ago

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

EvanTH for MVP imo

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

zoux posted:

Either way this goes, it's going to ruin the NBA part of the internet for like two weeks.

NBA twitter is already pretty bad before 6 PM or so

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

San Francisco smells like piss

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

predicto posted:

Musee Mechanique (http://www.museemecaniquesf.com/) are the only reason ever to go near the Wharf

That place rules. The WWII submarine right next to it is worth checking out too if you're into that sort of thing

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

ex post facho posted:

the nba could eliminate:

- Nuggets
- Jazz
- Suns
- Grizzlies
- Bucks
- Timberwolves
- Pistons
- Magic
- Pels
- Hornets
- Raptors
- Nets
- Pacers
- Thunder
- Kings

disperse their talent to the other 15 teams and you instantly have a better league, full of stacked teams that would produce the best most competitive basketball youve ever seen

You could eliminate half the league of any sport and it'd be more competitive. Why not just have two teams?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rick posted:

If y ou pretend that Brooklyn is going to get Capri Sun and orange slices after the game regardless, and a pizza party if they win, it makes watching them a lot more fun.

Teams should have to line up and high five each other after every game

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I dunno why the Suns would trade for Love at this point. He doesn't fit the timeline of the rest of the team and they'd still probably miss the playoffs.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

:lol:

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rick posted:

The one thing I will say about Love's time with the Cavs is it has made the prospect of sitting through a game featuring him in Phoenix to be a much more pleasant idea than when there were rumors of him coming over to Phoenix from the Timberwolves.

You have to admit that this is the longest that Sarver has put up with a 1/4-1/2 empty building without a panic move for a player who doesn't really fit with the GM's plan to market around. The fact that he's been holding out this long is commendable.

Yeah I get that, but it seems like he finally got wise to the fact that those half assed moves are the reason they've had an empty building for years. Earlier this year he told season ticket holders that they plan on being a legitimate playoff team by 2020 and that they wouldn't be pursuing any big names this summer. Who knows.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rick posted:

Well, maybe things have changed!

I have honestly thought of buying Suns season tickets, if they had a bus like the Diamondbacks did I would probably.

They do such a lovely job of reaching out to Tucson. Like, that's clearly a city that enjoys basketball lol

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Please don't do this Suns

https://twitter.com/dustinfox37/status/877151037811032064

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I don't hate that

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Everyone on earth is verified on twitter and I don't trust a bozo named John Gabagool

He's a doofus but he's got legit sources

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Spacebump posted:

It's going to be great when they go back on their word in a few years and only sell jerseys with ads.

"The fans are extremely excited about this opportunity to connect with national brands on a local level"

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I'd give up just about any player and pick for KP. If Booker were included it kind of puts the Suns right back where they were though, trying to build around one player unless one of Chriss/Bender/Warren really turns it up or something

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

How do people who care enough about basketball to discuss it online have such a poor understanding of value?

https://twitter.com/jZexphr/status/877196302987268096

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I guess Lonzo at 2 is a lock if that wasn't already pretty obvious

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Jack's Flow posted:

I want a Magic Johnson tweet on this trade. I want it so bad.

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/726924762413289472

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Ramadu posted:

Come to the Suns lebron and kyrie we can keep you in your primes forever

*fired up the old man Lazarus pits*

Remember that one time in the Summer of 2014 when the Suns landed a meeting with LeBron's agent (not LeBron, just his agent) and the team sold it as this huge deal? lol

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I'm burning my Billups Killer 3's jersey

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/ianbegley/status/877738161341964288

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Lockback posted:

Kris Dunn for LMA. That's like a top-10 pick last year.

Oh, congrats Suns Fans, maybe (maybe according to Porzingis's Brother)

https://twitter.com/TheMontyShow/status/877895847354146820

That guy is a nobody, I doubt it's true

Related:

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/877943891143434240

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Please no

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

RaySmuckles posted:

so does all the drama happen tonight? or is it more tomorrow after the draft dust settles?

Tonight for sure

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheWilderThings/status/878054222729760768

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dragan Bender has a Hitler mustache now

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I'm thrilled about the Suns core moving forward. Booker/Jackson/Chriss/Bender could be really fun in a couple years. Jackson should be a good fit next to Booker and cover some of his defensive issues.

I still cannot believe the Bulls sold Jordan Bell to GSW lol

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Doltos posted:

I dunno. Chriss is a foul monster and Booker blows on D. I didn't even get to watch Bender play last year because he sucked or was injured. Jackson's probably going to go through growing pains on offense too. I wouldn't be surprised if they're a bottom picking team again next year.

Chriss got better at avoiding fouls as the season progressed, hopefully that continues. Bender is still a question mark for sure - Watson didn't play him much but if he puts on some weight he should see more time. He's still younger than like half the guys that got drafted last night.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Bulls should hire that Austin Newsom guy

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/dbacks/status/878434263502274560

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I liked da share z0ne ripping on Wendy's out of nowhere

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Lavar Ball is a drat genius

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

If only more NBA players were smart enough to put a personal trainer in charge of their branding and marketing

Well we're talking about it so I guess it was pretty smart

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Metapod posted:

Did Twitter finally kill you?

I hope PFZ found another platform to swear at celebrities in real time

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

D'Antoni coaching Chris Paul :getin:

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

i'd like the spurs to sign another all-star please

Brandon Knight was almost an all-star that one time, the Spurs should trade for him imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

I've had some time to think about this and I have come to a further conclusion: this sucks

Someone convince me this isn't the trade that will ruin Morey's reputation forever because goddamn is it shamefully bad imo

Old-rear end man Chris Paul isn't helping us beat the Spurs much less the Warriors

You traded some average and above average players for the best PG in the league :confused:

• Locked thread