Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Don't let the offseason distract you from the fact that two men kissed in an NBA finals game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So are there any teams that are serious challengers to the Warriors at this point?

The Spurs looked good before the Kawhi injury, maybe if they can move enough contracts to sign CP3 without sacrificing too much depth they have a better chance?

The Cavaliers look stuck unless they decide to seriously reconfigure their roster including the big 3.

Houston isn't close enough, neither are the Clippers if they re-sign CP3.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

predicto posted:

Boston actually might get there if Ainge gets off his rear end and starts consolidating his 37 tradeable assets into 2 superstars

Considering the talent on the Warriors Ainge would need 3 superstars at minimum. Still, I doubt there are many franchises willing to part with their superstar for [draft pick that may not be as good as current superstar]

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Getting gentlemen swept in the CF is a funny definition of a contender

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tae posted:

It's a real shame the Clippers have a bad future because of their bad GM

The possibility that CP3 and Blake might leave after they tried so hard to convince DJ to stay is really funny to me.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm now more excited for the draft than I was for the finals.

I hope Lonzo goes to the not-Lakers and his dad melts down in front of a camera.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So did Fultz just fail to impress the Celtics or something? Pretty much everybody was saying this draft class was stacked and Fultz was the the best player among them. Now Boston wants to give him up? What changed?

edit: I realize now this might be the wrong thread for this

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I unironically want the cavs to get PG. Let's kick this superteam business into higher gear.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Codependent Poster posted:

All these crazy things and I bet the Pacers don't get anything of real value from PG.
Lol why would they

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/876900127436267520

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

This has been a good day for f5ing

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

euphronius posted:

Well dlo plays the same position as Lonzo so it wasn't really going to work

Aren't they both combo guards?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I think the deal with nets is fine for the lakers. But this rumored offer of giving up the rest of their assets just to get paul george earlier would be real, real bad

Lakers fans are rationalizing it as getting his bird rights but when(not if) they sign him in free agency to a 3+ year deal they get his bird rights anyway, no?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I love the offseason

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm ready for more dwight howard post ups

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Codependent Poster posted:

How many fights would a Lance and Beverley backcourt cause?

You mean, with other teams?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Eltoasto posted:

Green is 29 with two bad years in a row, why would anyone want him? I mean MAYBE he finds his shot again, but if he can't do it with the Spurs then I don't have faith in him finding it elsewhere.

He can still defend though. But yeah I'm sure someone will end up overvaluing him

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Not sure if there's any truth to it but the local ESPN affiliate local guys here in Vegas on the way home were talking about the Lakers offering Russell to the Mavs for the 9th pick and Dallas said no before they moved onto the Brooklyn salary dump deal.

If that's true, isn't that kind of rather damning of D'Angelo that the Mavs would rather gamble on Smith or Ntlinka being better, along with the small chance they might not even get either, rather than have Carlisle try his hand at developing a guy who already has 2 years of experience under shittier coaches and is averaging nearly 16 points/5 assists in the league already?

The latest rumor I read is that Russell has attitude/immaturity issues the Lakers weren't willing to deal with. Could just be a smear campaign from LA though

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Today has been kinda slow but tomorrow is gonna amazing. I can feel it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

rip Bulls fans.

Also I'm gonna be shocked if the timberwolves don't make the playoffs this year (I also said this last year)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Do the bulls decide what to do by spinning a giant lottery wheel

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/670TheScore/status/878310309236060160
what is scouting

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Signing derrick rose is like step 2 of the downfall of a franchise. Step 1 was signing LMA

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Also LMA deleted a tweet that said he was happy to join the spurs
https://twitter.com/caseykeirnan/status/878364807270985728
dude is salty af when he has no one to blame but himself

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Vince needs to sign with GSW and cruise to an easy ring, he's deserved it. Unlike some other wing players...

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

euphronius posted:

Lowry would be perfect for minne I hope it happens. Other than that's another great east player going west.

Losing Butler, PG13 and possibly Lowry. At least we might get Hayward?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tae posted:

So here's a question: Will ANY player get the new supermax? Because it seems like that's scaring teams to suddenly trade their elite players for less than expected.

This summer? The most likely is CP3 if he doesn't leave. But in the future guys like AD and KAT are almost definitely signing them

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

warcrimes posted:

Finals MVP says otherwise

Curry got robbed like he did the first time

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

who could have predicted this

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

You can win a championship with Crowder as a starter, you just need to fill the rest of the starter spots with MVP caliber players.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/fredkatz/status/879958493465325568

This is like the Knicks-est way things could have happened

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

In the interest of seeing the Warriors get beaten CP3 should have gone to the spurs IMO.

Or maybe Morey can pull off the PG13 trade without sacrificing too much, or something crazy like they get Drummond who figures out effort and free throws.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I look forward to the garbage fire the East is gonna be (I mean even more so) when Butler, Lowry, PG13 and Milsap all leave for the West

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Strawberry Panda posted:

I do not understand how a GM as good as Daryl Morey adds a top 10 player to a 55 win team and people think the trade is bad.

People were saying KD on the Warriors wouldn't mesh well because of egos or whatever. There will always be doubters

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/capelaclint/status/880471649941954560

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

pubic works project posted:

The Pacers would rather get TT than Favors. But I don't see why the Cavs would want George Hill over Kyrie.

Plays defense probably. Also frees up space to get PG13, it's not just 'kyrie for hill'

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

How is Lowry as a defender? I get the sense playing alongside Butler would take a lot of the defensive burden off of him

Above average. But you're right, if he could play next to Butler he could probably save a lot more energy for offense and maybe not disappear every April

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

NickRoweFillea posted:

Really looking forward to midnight

:same:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah I'm a John Wall fan but there are like MAYBE 5 players I would give $42.5 million a year to, and John Wall just isn't one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

This has to be true because that definitely sounds like an Orlando contract.

• Locked thread