Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Well, I always enjoyed trains and skull designs. So I guess I am in for the ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
So the conspiracy hides in a bar in the middle of an undeground complex while we nuking cities? I can't decide, if the game leans on dark comedy or horrors of human society.
Considering the inspirational material could be from a Strugatsky brothers, maybe both.

The whole worldbuilding is quite interesting, but could not enjoy the hectic gameplay (especially the train minigames). Thanks for playing it for us, bacter.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Bacter posted:

I can take a look for sure. I was informed in uh, no uncertain terms, in the Japanese language thread that this game's Japanese lettering doesn't always make sense. Their Russian and Finnish is much better.

Umm.. odd personal request on my side, but could you give me a link to the thread? (Could use some additional study material)
Thank you.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
A quite nihilistic, but strangely satisfying ending. While part of me would like to have more information how this world works (The Blacksmith, alien train engine program, first visitation zone), to much explaining of technicalities would maybe ruin some of the mood of the story.
Other stuff seems there to citate the works of the Strugatzky brothers (i admit it has been years i read some of their stuff) and the black goo monsters seems to spring from japanese folklore.

The only part i find unredeemingly awful is stuffing the npc banter in the hectic train travel minigame. There is replay value and there is this.

Thanks for the lp, bacter. I look forward to the DLC.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Odd. The framerate always drops during the first car dialogue with Jesse.

It seems pretty much hinted at this point with the museum exhibition that a fourth council man is something of a "persona non grata" for the ruling government.
We already know form the first game, that Vermond jr. and Thornton jr. are major players for the white eyes.
So he tried to counteract against some of their plans?

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Like the main game, there is some very beautiful pixel art in the game. The whole worldbuilding through npc banter works way better with the lack of some awful car minigame.

I can't really say, if i like or dislike the dlc ending. It is somewhat like watching the ending of Andrei Tarkovsky's "Stalker" (1979). Those things don't exactly come a conclusion of a storyarc, they just tend to "happen".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Oh dear. Vermond's plans and hopes did not work out well....

I have to admit i an nota big fan of the "Arthur Zane" character (same as i am not a fan of G-man). The mysterious and powerful schemer, who has even more mysterious powers as superiors. No thanks. You cannot even develop on those chars further, because any sort of explained background takes something away from the mystery.

• Locked thread