Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007
Just had my garage painted and floor grind/ epoxied.

Before:

After:

Contractor worked last week when temps and humidity were brutal. Thankfully today was cooler and he was able to finish it.

Now I have to get some new shelves and put all my poo poo back in. Going to hopefully purge a lot of it so it doesn't look like a storage locker with 2 cars jammed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007
My contractor that did my garage floor used this,

H&C Colortop solvent based solid color concrete sealer. (sold by sherwin williams)

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/products/hc-colortop-solventbased-solid-color-concrete-sealer

He swears by this. So far, 2 months in, no complaints. This is the "good stuff" because its not water based. Definitely need to be used in a well ventilated area when applying. It's tintable to pretty much any color.

for prep, he used a concrete grinder first, then acid etched the floor. washed it down, let it dry, then applied 3 coats of this. floor looks great, so far no damage from my cars tires.

Pro tip, don't use a light color for your garage floor. Looks great when clean and easy to see when you drop a bolt or screw, but shows dirt ridiculously easy.