Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but any recommendations for getting an oil stain out of concrete? My movers truck had an oil leak and didn't notice it until after they left and it dripped on the new, unsealed in any way driveway. Am I screwed? I heard someone say dumping copious amounts of solvent (IE: Gas) works, but I don't think dumping a massive amount of gas on it is a great idea.

The Oil Lift stuff that they have at Can Tire has done really well for me in lifting oil stains from my ancient driveway, but so has Spray Nine.

Still haven't found anything that gets the enormous rust spots out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Slung Blade posted:

The only thing that can remove that rust spot from your driveway is a tow truck from the kidney foundation.

You're going to need to be more specific with this insult. Which one of the three rusting, near-death cars in my driveway are you talking about?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

So I noticed right in the middle of my driveway it looks like a piece of the aggregate that was close to the surface cracked, causing a spall about 2" or so in diameter, probably about 1/8-1/4" deep. Anyone recommend a decent product for a small patch? Broom finish there if it makes a difference.

Don't get the Rustoleum driveway sealer, I've had two bottles of that stuff go off and solidify inside the bottle within a week of buying it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

BraveUlysses posted:

got my wall control pegboard put up, pretty nice stuff, especially if you pick some up from http://cheappegboard.com/

I still have to build some spacers to mount my cheap surplus pegboard.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Ferremit posted:

My plan is when I inevitably destroy this coating of epoxy is to just rough it up and paint it again!

Even if i spend $300 on epoxy paint every 10-15 years its not a bad cost per day!

What is there to destroy it in your climate, burnouts?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

That Milwaukee light looks way better than the "Snap-On" LED light that I got from Costco a few years ago - which is great, very bright, relatively tough, but it's directional.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

LloydDobler posted:

I'm thinking maybe it's time to invent a tool that does it without the danger. Or just a new collar. I mean, the concept of a releasable ratchet has been around forever, why do they have these lovely setscrew locked collars that can kill you in the 21st century? Meh, given the number of installs, a tool is probably the right way to go. Something that locks in to the standard collar and allows you to safely release and wind it under power.

The wall-mounted spring compressors are supposedly the safest way to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

frrtbkr posted:

Iím excited! I made an offer that the seller accepted for this beauty:

ohhh nice, it has garages too.

six!

My home inspection is Saturday, Iíll take some more photos then. The garage looks like a grow house - the walls and ceilings are covered with foil faced insulation. Iím hoping itís structurally sound underneath. The roof is rubber and has some sagging areas that collect ponding water. Good news is the wiring is new, it has itís own electrical service from the street, the (electric!) garage doors are new and hot & cold PEX run along the back wall for 3 future sink hookups. I forgot which ones are double bays and which ones are singles but every demising wall has pass doors between them with hasps for padlocks. Iíll probably keep a double and rent the rest for storage until I can complete my water cooled VW collection, haha!

I also saw some old Verizon networking equipment in bay #1. Looked it up after the showing and they offer gigabit FIOS!

Only six garages? Check your zoning to see if you can put in a Japanese-style puzzle parking arrangement. It looks like you've got some height available for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnV9ahwNqHk