Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

NoWake posted:

This place popped up for rent across from the gym I use, and it's all I've been able to think about. 1,800sf of shop space + 750sf of heated/cooled living space, with a shitter.

$700/mo + utilities. I'd seriously consider moving in and selling my drat house, only drawback would be my dogs losing their grassy yard.

Oh man that is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

That rules. I've thought many times about how big of a garage I could fit in my back yard since I don't really care about having grass.

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

Crunchy Black posted:

That may be one of the most depressing posts I've ever read in AI

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

Maybe its because all our cars are too reliable and only need regular maintenance, or maybe I've been watching too much mustie1, but I started pulling lawnmowers out of the trash (much to my wife's chagrin) to have something to wrench on. First one is a really nice self propelled guy that probably originally sold for $250-$300 and looks like it's just going to need a $4 spring to get it up and running.

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

koollook124 posted:

That has quickly become my favorite YouTube channel. Heís always calm, humble and very informative. I really much prefer working on small engines these days or a car Iím really familiar with. If Iím in a short timeframe to get a car up and running itís not enjoyable though too, so some times if you have older cars having an extra for a certain function is nice or just doing a lot of planning.

His channel is so good for the reasons you mentioned. No typical youtube poo poo, just chilling in the garage wrenching with him.

The choke spring was $4 and a complete carb set with gaskets, fuel line, choke and governor springs was $12 so I sprung for that. Popped it all on and started right up today. Trying to decide if I'll sell this one or my current mower. This one is definitely nicer since its self propelled but would sell for more and my yard isn't that big.