Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers

Started a minor garage organization project a few weeks ago. Making decent progress but still a ton of work to go.

Before:

After:

Went with Newage pro cabinets, sink, and a Husky 61" workbench with all the fancy soft-close business. So far I've done drywall repair, texturing, painting, water valve replacement, p-trap/drain pipe replacement, and removed a busted water softener.

I ended up with 1/2" of space length-wise, exactly what I expected from measuring the space and looking at dimensions online. I knew it would be a tight fit but I was shocked when the last piece fit perfectly into place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers

Beach Bum posted:

Oh, that's nice. Well done.

Give us another picture in a month of the inevitable devolution back into chaos

Haha, exactly. Not pictured: strollers, bikes, and other horseshit that disrupts those good organization vibes.

Itís also been a good opportunity to toss a bunch of stuff Iíve moved with several times. Do I still need those notes from when I was trying to diagnose a turbo issue on my FD RX-7? I do not. Also, I sold it to Aeka 12 years ago.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers

dreesemonkey posted:

Looks good. I'd recommend building/buying some shelving for bins (or similar) running along the ceiling. You can never have too much storage space.

Thanks! Newage has storage cabinets that attach to the wall and cabinets, I was planning to leave that as an option in the future in case I need it. Having thought about it now, since I went with the longer Husky workbench that wonít fit perfectly because theyíre designed for Newageís modular 28Ē sections.

Iíd rather mount a TV there. It would be nice to have F1 going while Iím working and the occasional how-to YouTube video.

Iím also planning a 8í x 4í ceiling storage unit on the other side of the garage. Beyond that, Iím a big proponent of throwing poo poo out when it gets too crazy. People just have too much drat stuff, myself included.

Tremek posted:

Token install networked smoke alarm/heat detector comment here

Hadnít thought of that. The entire house is set up with a sprinkler system but I donít recall seeing a smoke detector. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers

Tremek posted:

Speaking from a position of personal annoyance, I doubt it could hurt

Sweet baby jesus, was that your house?

A quick interweb search recommended against smoke detectors but in favor of heat detectors. Need to do a bit more research though, the sprinkler system has a wax portion that triggers the flow of water when it melts.