Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

This is an interesting thread and I wonder if anyone could give me some ideas for my garage.
I'm in the UK, moved house a couple of years ago and have my first proper garage space. It's not big - 1 car which over here means about 8x17' but it's so good to have. The previous owners were going to convert it into an extra room so it has plasterboard walls and a chipboard floor with insulation underneath. I only need space for a motorbike so I've put a partition wall up and made an office in the back with space for a bike and tools in the front.
It's all good but in the 'garage' side of it I've just got the bare chipboard floor. This is kind of OK but it's gradually getting oilier and dirtier and I can see it could easily get damaged. I'm looking for ideas for a floor covering I can put over the wood as I don't want to loose the insulation. It needs to be non slip as it will get wet. I don't know what a suitable flooring would be called, I just keep getting garage floor paint when I search. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

Great, thanks for the ideas about the flooring, that roll looks like what Im after.