Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer
The previous owner of my house painted the carport floor with this stuff, and it's coming up underneath the tires.

I'm tempted to try a different coating, but getting what's on there off first would be a major pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer
According to this youtube blacksmith guy, you need 6" for a power hammer with no issues, and can make 4" work with some shock absorption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkuBHZZIhPg&t=252s
(start at 4:12, if it doesn't automatically.)

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

sharkytm posted:

I like that Makita poster.

something something something [blowing related sexual innuendo] something something

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

WTFBEES posted:

One minor note - a bunch of lights get covered by the garage door (located at the top of this picture) when it's open. I don't have a good solution to this, but it's a thing to consider.

Seems like a good excuse to attach a few tubes to the garage doors, and run them through a limit switch that only turns them on when the door is up.

There are also companies that sell kits like this: https://www.carguygarage.com/accessories/lighting/led-garage-door-lighting

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

WTFBEES posted:

Well poo poo, that's a thing I only just learned exists and can no longer live without. Maybe I'll go the MacGyver route to save a buck and burn a whole weekend.

Yeah, that kit is probably at least double, if not triple what it would cost if you pieced it all together yourself.