Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I’ll happily impact struts apart (poo poo I’ve done it with hand tools) but garage springs scare me senseless. Probably one of the more dangerous things in a home, now that I think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

We have a giant switch controlling the compressor and make sure to turn it off when we leave the shop.

I’m thousands of miles away right now and can’t take a picture, but that’s the basic idea. It’s in an accessible spot by the door.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Ah gotcha. We have a drain valve on a timer, it dumps every few weeks. I forget the details handy sadly.

Still prolly not what you’re after tho.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

HF has occasional coupons for toolboxes and discounts that improve if you’ve got an inside track membership.

I have a bright green 5-door mechanics tool cart waiting for me to pick up, can’t wait.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I have a similar space but the roof is insulated, that makes a huge difference and is where I’d start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

My place’s paper insulation has kinda gone to poo poo over the last 15-20 years but still holding up ok.