Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

cakesmith handyman posted:

It continues, but not very well. I spent 3 hours tonight trying to tidy and make sense of the garage and it looks a million times worse. I need a skip, possibly also an intervention.

That's kinda how it goes, man. You gotta get all the poo poo out in the open so you can see what's there. First step of making a space look nice is making it look like poo poo first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

meatpimp posted:

Okay thread, this is ridiculous. I have a bad habit of not putting tools away when I'm done with a project. That's been taken to an extreme and I've got poo poo from one end of the bench to the other in various depths. That needs to change.

My classes end this week, so I've got time to organize this shithole. I've got a great workbench that I built, but you cannot see it through all of the garbage. Time to get cleaning.

At present:

What kind of wall paneling is that? I think something super modular like the slats would be the best solution for me.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

meatpimp posted:

Commercial slatwall, I posted a picture a while ago in this thread, I love it. You can see the edge of the workbench on the left of the picture below.

Son of a bitch, that is sweet.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Holy poo poo you cleaned up with that haul. Nice bonus is that the white pegboard should help to brighten up the garage a bit.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Started a minor garage organization project a few weeks ago. Making decent progress but still a ton of work to go.

Before:

After:

Went with Newage pro cabinets, sink, and a Husky 61" workbench with all the fancy soft-close business. So far I've done drywall repair, texturing, painting, water valve replacement, p-trap/drain pipe replacement, and removed a busted water softener.

I ended up with 1/2" of space length-wise, exactly what I expected from measuring the space and looking at dimensions online. I knew it would be a tight fit but I was shocked when the last piece fit perfectly into place.

I've got that Husky bench and I like it a lot. Pro Tip: some stickers don't like sticking to that wrinkle finish.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

meatpimp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNFnyD8gAYc

Tailor to your needs/wants. Watch as program creep takes you into places you've never considered before.

That's essentially what I built at my last house. I went pretty wide on it to fill a certain space and used 4x4 legs instead of 2x4, but overall it's pretty much that bench. It was a drat fine bench while I used it.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

LBX all your stuff is just cool as hell. That OA5599 plate definitely caught my eye, though.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

LobsterboyX posted:

The radial arm saw is just an older more complicated compound miter saw - this product "the power shop" was marketed as an all in 1 kind of thing - the head of it can be articulated quite a bit. the original literature has some pretty sketchy "ideas" in it including a man walking a 4x8 sheet across it with the blade faced out towards his stomach. It also shows that its highly portable sitting in the trunk of a 53 chevy - i found that funny when I tried to lift the thing by myself. I recently used the power shop for building a new fence, I had it set up in a few different ways and I found it to be pretty drat good for ripping and chopping up 4x4's

could you just drive this car across country for me.. Kowalski?

I'll have it there by Sunday.

Edit: Seriously though, where'd you get that plate?

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

^^^ Vanishing Point

LobsterboyX posted:

So if you notice theres plenty of Easter egg plates in the garage - every year https://celebritymachines.com/ has a black friday sale.. and every year I seem to spend 100 or so -

Very cool. I am supremely disappointed there's no California plate 614 HSO, though.