Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Surprised Peach in wedding dress is the worst amiibo ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Morby posted:

Let's not pretend Nintendo has never dedicated E3 times to a lovely gimmick. They didn't this year, but Skyward Sword gameplay instantly comes to mind as an example.

2 posts and you're already gish galloping. Wow.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Sony stream is doing a God of War... shadow puppet show :confused:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Suspicious Cook posted:

I hate that Mario + Rabbids looks fun. Why couldn't he have crossed over with Rayman or another good property instead?

They can only do so many Dragonball games, so inevitably someone gets the short end of the stick.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you Goku-san!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah Pokémon and Metroid 4 are great but I don't think literally just saying their names is enough to say Nintendo 'won' anything. They did a good little show but outside of Mario there wasn't anything that made me want a Switch before 2019.

Actually it is.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Switching to the Sony stream right now

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Nintendo showed a number in space and a title card. They won E3 forever.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sudeki 2 confirmed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Instant Sunrise posted:

Nintendo showed a number in space and a title card. They won E3 forever.

Unironically :agreed:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Nintendo telling people about stuff way down the line is what they usually don't do and people bitch about it. This time they gave us a little taste of distant but extremely exciting things and then focused on the cool stuff that's coming soon. That's a great way to do it imo.
I like how quick it all was. In general I've liked how much less talking and usual E3 stage non-sense there's been this year but Nintendo's in particular was blistering speed for something that would've been a 90 minute slog before.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Takoluka posted:

Whoa, crazy that Nintendo bought Rocket League from Psyonix and made it first-party....

One game that is already on everything else that peaked in popularity 2 years ago when it was given away free on PS+.

Nothing in that conference is going to get me to spend 300 euro bucks on the Wii U 2. Sequels to stuff i am sort of tired of and title cards for stuff that might come out in 2018.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
"100% is 100%"

They know

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Only real reveal that had something to show for Nintendo was the Kirby game. Odyssey we already knew was coming soon, Metroid announcement was good confirmation of something being worked on, Pokemon was just "well something is coming eventually but not anytime soon."

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
the music in the super mario odyssey trailer is good as poo poo

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Patter Song posted:

Is it just me, or...

Or...

does Mario + Rabbids look...

Good?

It reminds me more than a little of Valkyria Chronicles, and I like Valkyria Chronicles.

I'm not trying to be politically correct or worrying about the kids, but guns don't seem to work well with Mario. Kinda hurts the image to me. But other than that, it could have really good gameplay I guess?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

2 posts and you're already gish galloping. Wow.

I own a Switch. I'm definitely excited for Mario and new Metroid. TBH, this E3 on the whole has been pretty weak to me as far as shocking, unexpected news. We knew GoW: Disappointed Dad and Spider-Man probably wouldn't be this year. We knew Pokémon Switch probably wouldn't be this year either. I was legit surprised by Metroid titles and the Rabbids game not looking terrible. Those are my big takeaways from the whole conference thus far.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Listen to these scrubs who have never heard of Yoshi's Safari

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"You can shoot the enemy and make their bottom on fire... there is also propagation and set other enemies on fire"

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Only real reveal that had something to show for Nintendo was the Kirby game. Odyssey we already knew was coming soon, Metroid announcement was good confirmation of something being worked on, Pokemon was just "well something is coming eventually but not anytime soon."
Yoshi

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Oh yeah, and Yoshi Little Big Planet and Kirby returning to a more traditional game looks fun as hell, but that ain't coming out until holiday 2018 most likely.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The youtube stream just showed some Forza 7 and i released i completely blanked on it even existing despite watching the entire MS conference.

They are really milling these loving things out :/

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A dude is making sand art.

Sony...guys...what happened this year

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Morby posted:

Oh yeah, and Yoshi Little Big Planet and Kirby returning to a more traditional game looks fun as hell, but that ain't coming out until holiday 2018 most likely.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or the other of those is next year's obligatory "Big game in March."

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

The youtube stream just showed some Forza 7 and i released i completely blanked on it even existing despite watching the entire MS conference.

They are really milling these loving things out :/

This is what the treehouse is always like. They spend like 30 minutes on each game and you get to see how it actually plays

it's cool

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I like that the red coin collection noise from Yoshi's Island is still in use. :)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

JethroMcB posted:

A dude is making sand art.

Sony...guys...what happened this year

They blew all the budget on that Indian quintet, pyro, and dummies hanging from the rafters.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

spudsbuckley posted:

One game that is already on everything else that peaked in popularity 2 years ago when it was given away free on PS+.

Nothing in that conference is going to get me to spend 300 euro bucks on the Wii U 2. Sequels to stuff i am sort of tired of and title cards for stuff that might come out in 2018.

What a Bad loving Post

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Zerilan posted:

metroid primes coming out in september. in three months youll be able to play it and we didnt know about it three hours ago. thats absolutely somethin

also im probably buyin every single game in the presentation day one aand thats definitely not true for any other conference

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

exploded mummy posted:

They blew all the budget on that Indian quintet, pyro, and dummies hanging from the rafters.

There was also the giant piss waterfall!

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Thank you Goku-san! for this blessing of nintendo goodness

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spuds Buckley getting real with us

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

spudsbuckley posted:

lol your a joyless little turd, huh

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If you don't think that Nintendo single handedly crushed every other company with their presentation then I don't even know what to say to you

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

What a Bad loving Post

That guy really sucks

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The next Life is Strange thing is out on the 31st of August so i genuinely don't give two shits about anything else that happened at E3.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

spudsbuckley posted:

Nintendo gave up pandering to non-children a long time ago

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fungah! posted:

metroid primes coming out in september. in three months youll be able to play it and we didnt know about it three hours ago. thats absolutely somethin

also im probably buyin every single game in the presentation day one aand thats definitely not true for any other conference
metroid prime 4 is not out in september, metroid 2 remake is

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I'm excited about the new 2D Metroid, but I only caught a few moments. Anything highly negative anyone noticed about it, or does it look good so far?

The graphics kinda suck, though it's only a 3DS game. The new melee mechanic thing seems a little odd to put in metroid, but it's pretty fast and doesn't seem like a big deal. Otherwise, looking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

metroid prime 4 is not out in september, metroid 2 remake is

poo poo my b. oh well, thats still freakin badass

• Locked thread