Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

name 1 good mercurysteam game

why does that name sound familiar

*wikis*

euuuuuuugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Well gee, I can't believe that a Konami funded, cash grab portable interquel tie in to a man game would not have the same kind of budget, care and attention to mechanics as a Nintendo overseen 2D Metroid game remake.

Lords of Shadow had AAA money and was atrocious.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The first Xenoblade's world was better.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DaveKap posted:

Hot take on Samus Returns that has been pissing off the Internet whenever I whisper it:
AM2R is the better Metroid 2 remake and Samus Returns looks like a Playstation 1 game. Also melee countering and 360 degree aiming means most combat consists of standing still and being a turret instead of running and gunning.

Were Metroid games really about running and gunning, though? My memories of Super Metroid mostly consist of finding a safe place to plant my feet and then filling the monsters with daylight until they attacked.

If I was running and killing enemies simultaneously then I either had the Plasma Beam or was running right through the fuckers.

• Locked thread