Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Only real reveal that had something to show for Nintendo was the Kirby game. Odyssey we already knew was coming soon, Metroid announcement was good confirmation of something being worked on, Pokemon was just "well something is coming eventually but not anytime soon."

metroid primes coming out in september. in three months youll be able to play it and we didnt know about it three hours ago. thats absolutely somethin

also im probably buyin every single game in the presentation day one aand thats definitely not true for any other conference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

spudsbuckley posted:

One game that is already on everything else that peaked in popularity 2 years ago when it was given away free on PS+.

Nothing in that conference is going to get me to spend 300 euro bucks on the Wii U 2. Sequels to stuff i am sort of tired of and title cards for stuff that might come out in 2018.

lol your a joyless little turd, huh

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

metroid prime 4 is not out in september, metroid 2 remake is

poo poo my b. oh well, thats still freakin badass

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

theres music samples from xenoblade 2 up on th website. first ones by yasunori mitsuda i thnk and the second sounds like a riff on you will know our names, havent heard the others

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/index.html

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the world in xenoblade x ws gorgeous and really fun to explore nd i liked the combat, bbut there were some weird mechanical choices that didnt quite click nd the main scenario writing ws real bad. i feel like i got my moneys worth though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also finding stuff like the random level 100 guy in the lake named GOD tht one-shot you was great

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

The first Xenoblade's world was better.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

It would get annoying quick like when Sonic games started doing it, and lose its charm. Music with lyrics usually don't work well for adventure type games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

I would imagine it's due to the perception that he's pretentious, even though his video games are all obviously full of intentional movie cliches. I like to compare Cage to Hideo Kojima in that regard. Metal Gear Solid 1 especially feels like am 80s B-Movie that for some reason has a book report on why nukes are bad and why Nurture > Nature. Both men are also often attacked with the same insult of "they wish they were making movies but they aren't good enough so they make games instead." And before anybody dogpiles on me, I love Kojima and MGS and Kojima doesn't deserve these criticisms because he has been a pioneer in integrating gameplay into story. But you cannot deny the abundance of cutscenes gets a lot of criticisms as "lazy" storytelling.

I'd also certainly say Kojima is much more ambitious than Cage because Cage is clearly a man who just wnats games to be like movies. That's fine with me but it seems to really piss some people off. But the kinds of movies Cage wants to make into games are summer blockbusters. He is not trying to make some avant garde piece. I would say the earlier comparison to Paul WS Anderson is accurate in that both he and Cage have a lot more fun with their projects than people give them credit for. See: earlier posted video with chickens.

As a Paul Verhoeven fan, if Detroit is just a rehash of RoboCop in a lot of ways, I'll be happy. And given Cage's love of movies, it seems very likely.

kojimas way better because th plots are crazy but ask interesting questions and because he spends mmost of his dev time making sure the game controls well and feels good to play. cage's games are glorified QTEs

• Locked thread