Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I wonder if Ever Oasis will be any good.

Also any chance we see some Monster Hunter XX for Switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Are there plans to show actual Monster Hunter World gameplay? Because I really want to see that.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Holy gently caress Mario Odyssey looks insane

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So we all agree Nintendo won E3, right? A real, honest-to-god new Metroid Prime and Mario Odyssey being completely bonkers and beautiful

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I will now buy a Nintendo Switch

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Policenaut posted:

They didn't show anything of Metroid Prime other than a logo. No release window, no developer?, nothing. I'm so sick of these announcements.

Kashuno posted:

:agreed: I am just so over the idea of announcing things with no info at all.

That is fair. I admit I'm giving Nintendo a bit of a pass because it's a real, actual Metroid game, but you're right, these detail-free announcements do suck.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So it turned out that Nintendo had their own Metroid 2 remake going on this whole time?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kirios posted:

Guys no one's going to care about AM2R, this is an official Nintendo game.

At best you'll be the nerds in the corner of the room, raising your glasses, and talking about this dumb fan remake while everyone else just rolls their eyes at you.

How sad would it be if it was still better, though? Because that's pretty likely when we're talking about Mercury Stream

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So to be fair, I know Mirror of Fate was terrible, but they were building off of the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow style of gameplay and trying to translate it into 2D. They weren't trying to make a classic 2D Castlevania. It's possible this Metroid 2 remake will be better than Mirror of Fate because they're just trying to do more Metroid, just with a few more action game tricks.

Of course it's also very possible it'll suck and the exploration will be all hosed like Other M so who knows

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

All I now is that just from what they're showing this looks good so I'm not going to freak out about supposedly bad developers

Yeah, Mirror of Fate didn't really hide its badness. It looked bad and awkward right from the start. This, at least, looks promising.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

It was a mediocre Metroidvania set in between Lords of Shadows 1 and 2 to explain how there could be an Alucard

It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.

Isn't Lords of Shadow a separate continuity from the previous Castlevania games?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Okay this looks really good, actually. I am excited for this.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really like how much actual gameplay and detail the E3 Treehouse streams show

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Spring Break My Heart posted:

is it still a "character action game"? i havent seen a demo yet

The combat looks more like Ryse

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Super Mario Odyssey theme song contains the lines "I'm flipping the switch," they're certainly right about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-GVs981uAM

This song is adorable :3:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Remember Me was a game full of really neat ideas and really clumsy execution in basically every regard except its soundtrack (which is just excellent all around)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My favorite part of the Mario RPG games is what they do with Bowser and goombas so this Bowser's Minions part is looking real fun to me

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

I tuned out of the stream. M&L stuff is for Switch instead of 3DS right? Please? :smith:

It's a remaster of Superstar Saga for 3DS with an extra game mode where you play as a squad of goombas

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

i feel bad that Ever Oasis is kind of being sent off to die, they haven't talked about it at all at E3 and it comes out in just a couple of weeks

they should at least put out a demo or something to get people hyphy

It looked promising and I really want to see more gameplay from it because I want a new cool action RPG thing

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's starting to sound more and more like Ubisoft had Michel Ancel working on this No Man's Sky-type procedurally-generated game and just decided to slap the Beyond Good & Evil name on it.

Just, like, make another cool action-adventure game. That's all anybody wanted. You could do it for a lower budget like the UbiArt games that Ubisoft Montpelier already makes a bunch of. People would be thrilled. Instead, they're going to promise the world and deliver Spore 3: This Time We'll Promise Even More.

I guess best case scenario this turns out like the first Fable: promise all these hilariously ambitious things and then just release a half-decent and reasonably charming action game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, but "The New Colossus" comes with a pretty great heaping of irony for a Wolfenstein game set in Nazi-occupied America.

• Locked thread