Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The REAL Goobusters posted:

MercurySteam :lol: yeah I'm going to have to wait on this one fam. Sakamoto is on this one as well. We'll always have A2MR

lmao nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is Xenoblade going to be good

No

But it could be better than X

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That combat looks really bad

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

And to be fair, I didn't play enough of it to get to the sidequests you talked about because I was so turned off so quickly. So I can accept that there's probably stuff that just appealed to others.

The sidequests were better than xenoblade 1, but that is a low loving bar. That said, they still blew chunks and the fact that you needed to do them to progress the main story was a terrible decision too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

At this point I expect a Fallout MMO soon and no new iteration of the series for ~10 years

Aren't the Fallout MMO rights owned by Interplay :laugh: ? Whatever is left of that company anyways

e: A Fallout MMO in the style of 1/2/Tactics with a permadeath option would 100% be my jam.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 14, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

And another: https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/14/15801280/beyond-good-evil-2-preview-michel-ancel-interview-e3-2017

quote:

Not long after the reveal, Ancel and his team took me through a very early technical demonstration of the game. Where the original Beyond Good & Evil was a fairly straightforward third-person action adventure, its follow-up is something much larger and more complex. It combines elements of online worlds, early-access releases, role-playing games, and procedural generation. It’s also, admittedly, still pretty rough around the edges. Many of the game’s key elements — from graphics to combat to narrative — are still being implemented.

lmao this does not inspire confidence. Seems like all they really have is that trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

There isn't actually anything beyond a tech demo for BG&E2 and there is never going to be. Ancel has shown the whole thing as a dead-man's switch if Vivendi pushes through with their hostile take over. If Vivendi takes over Ancel leaves and shrugs to the gaming community "Well guys it's all in Vivendi's hands!" knowing there isn't a shot in hell for them to make this bullshit game, causing massive backlash. If Vivendi backs off, the game remains vaporware for years until the buyout is no longer a threat then is silently killed with a pillow in it's bed and everyone chalks it up to the usual Ubisoft fickleness

Wait, why would Vivendi care about what a dozen nerds think about them cancelling a game?

• Locked thread