Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is the new MST3K any good?

A lotta people seem to like it! I think it's pretty decent. First episode they were clearly finding their footing though

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nintendo spotlight

Less than two hours away

Possible Retro and Animal Crossing reveal

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Phantasium posted:

I still want a bunch of space environmentalists to come after her for blowing up an entire planet to get rid of one species.

The space environmentalists would probably be more upset about her killing off a species that was the only known predator to an organism that could easily lead to a galaxy wide collapse of all life now that the metroids are gone

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Seeing how zombie fans are mindlessly drawn to any game that has zombies in it maybe they're the real zombies

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hmm.

What's an appropriate smilie to top this information off with?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wonder what people will find most disappointing about the BG&E2 news? Holding up early access prototyping as a good thing? Randomly generated planets which always turns out to be hot trash for anything? Th-

Broose posted:

I do not have much hope for a good game. Did anyone else get the impression from the devs giving the speech after the trailer reveal that they either have no idea what they are doing or they are mis-guided on what made BG&E fun and good? That odd over-emphasis when she said "diversity." Like yeah the cast is diverse, there are animal people for christ sake why you need to bring it up?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

My guess is that Ancel is gambling that he can deliver a game that hits all the buzzwords Ubi's execs want to hear ("Procedural design!" "A Destiny-style shared world experience!") just to get back into this world, with the hope that if it is successful they will let him do the game he really wants to make.

(Spoiler, chief: They are never going to do that. If this is a success, they are going to make you do it again, and again. You work for Ubisoft.)

There isn't actually anything beyond a tech demo for BG&E2 and there is never going to be. Ancel has shown the whole thing as a dead-man's switch if Vivendi pushes through with their hostile take over. If Vivendi takes over Ancel leaves and shrugs to the gaming community "Well guys it's all in Vivendi's hands!" knowing there isn't a shot in hell for them to make this bullshit game, causing massive backlash. If Vivendi backs off, the game remains vaporware for years until the buyout is no longer a threat then is silently killed with a pillow in it's bed and everyone chalks it up to the usual Ubisoft fickleness

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

spasticColon posted:

Oh no, I myself might have wished on the monkey's paw for Metroid Prime 4.

Do you have any idea what you've done?!
*Metroid theme is faintly heard on other side of locked front of entrance*

Next thing you guys are gonna tell me is you buried F-Zero on some old cursed Native American land in a bid to bring it back to life

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

There will never be a bigger grief or troll in videogames as SlowBeef creating LetsPlays for videogames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

We got none of the cool cyberpunk stuff like cybernetics and hacking things with our minds but we got all the terrible poo poo

• Locked thread