Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
:monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
McCain got a memo

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ahahahaha "...no, i didn't complain about the hacking"

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i can't stop laughing at mccain

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

What he do?

Sessions tried to throw Trump under the bus about firing Comey over Russia.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

two ships passing in the night

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Sessions seems as confused about Mccain as Coney was.

ChristopherRobin
Feb 27, 2011

Corgis with attitude.

Man his memory sure is hit or miss, but when he remembers he really remembers very well.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Even Sessions is having trouble with figuring out what McCain's asking. loving wow.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
It's an old off! But McCain doesn't understand what he's up against! While McCain is ancient in human terms, Sessions has seen many trees grow from sapling to ruinous age.

Has anyone ever tried chucking him in the ocean? That's how they got rid of Legolas.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
These are good questions

I think

Boot and Rally
Apr 21, 2006

8===D
Nap Ghost
JBS doing battle with the Russian Ambassador for the honor of these United States.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i want facial reactions of every senator to mccain's questions, stat

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ramos posted:

Even Sessions is having trouble with figuring out what McCain's asking. loving wow.

no, mccain is being pretty clear here

sessions just doesn't want to admit the answers

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Are they both having strokes?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, McCain is asking actaully coherent questions

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
It's great that Sessions and the Trump campaign's foreign policy team had no conversations about some of the most pressing global problems

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ChristopherRobin posted:

Man his memory sure is hit or miss, but when he remembers he really remembers very well.

for real

ah yes THAT meeting that exonerates me I remember perfectly! These other meetings don't ring a bell, I only know I was there because there are photos

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

These are good questions

I think

yeah its all about "when you were doing these meetings were you actually defending the interests of the united states" and sessions is just like "no why would i do that"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Phuzzy posted:

Holy poo poo, McCain is asking actaully coherent questions

They're good questions, but asked poorly

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Literally a memo his staffers drafted that he his reading from

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Kaddish posted:

Literally a memo his staffers drafted that he his reading from

Well, he had better staffers this time

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

can someone summarize what mccain's questions are about and how they've been good, they're all going over my head from how he's just mumbling them incoherently

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
"very disturbing"

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
stop clicking that loving pen McCain jfc

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Looks like McCain got plenty of sleep last night. Those questions were fairly clear.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'm very concerned by Russia's hostile foreign policy even though I never asked for any sort of briefing regarding their interference in our election.

I'm very concerned but not enough to do literally anything, even if it's my job.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Is someone tapping again to get McCain to stop?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vegetable posted:

can someone summarize what mccain's questions are about and how they've been good, they're all going over my head from how he's just mumbling them incoherently

He's trying to pin the AG on things that he should have a opinion on as the top cop as the US in re Russian Bullshit

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

Well, he had better staffers this time

Well he could read this time

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Yeah, he was out of time.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Vegetable posted:

"What the gently caress were you talking about with the Russian Ambassadors, since I know you don't really care about Ukraine from our time serving together"

"Why the hell are Russians snooping around our infrastructure and what is the executive branch going to do to stop this poo poo"

etc

Numerical Anxiety
Sep 2, 2011

Hello.

Vegetable posted:

Apparently Sessions didn't talk the Russian ambassadors about any of the major points of contention between them and the US. So it leaves it a reasonable question - what the gently caress did they talk about?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

senator warner seems to be perpetually breathless

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
He also lightly called him out for not being particularly interested/curious in security briefings about the Russian election threat.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

"What the gently caress were you talking about with the Russian Ambassadors, since I know you don't really care about Ukraine from our time serving together"

"Why the hell are Russians snooping around our infrastructure and what is the executive branch going to do to stop this poo poo"

etc

Thank you, Mr. McCaine? o7????

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Procedures don't trump the constitutional checks and balances, biiiiiitch

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/874733528331808768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Yeah, Sessions lashing out at Wyden is the clip that's getting played the most, from what I'm seeing.

e: Schiff is on CNN. Talking about taking "whatever steps necessary" to "compel" Sessions to answer the questions that he so stolidly dodged today. He's referring to holding Sessions in contempt. That would be fun to see.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 13, 2017

• Locked thread