Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

sebmojo posted:

lol the op hasn't actually posted since June, this thread is just us pumping each other up into an art frenzy YEAH DO IT GO GO GO ART THAT MOTHERFUCKER LIKE U STOLE IT GOOOOOOOOOO

Eh, fwiw, I'm enjoying it, been in a bit of a slump and there's some good suggestions. It reminded me of one of my old tricks for coming up with interesting beats: the coin flip. I'd take some graph paper, assign each row "kick", "snare"', etc, then literally flip a coin for each square, heads being a hit, tails being a rest. Then I'd copy that into my dr-5 or whatever beat making software I was using. Sometimes it would sound like a hot mess, but sometimes it would come up with a nice chunk that I could expand on.

I used to use graph paper index cards for this and flip coins on my lunch breaks. Good way to make use of dead time and have a handy project to work on as soon as I got home. An icebreaker, so to speak. One of my albums has a whole track done in this way, oh-so-creatively called "Index Card". (I really suck at coming up with good song titles.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread