Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeah if online petitions worked that well then no show in the past decade would have ended. At least no cartoon show, even the shittiest cartoons seem to get dedicated fanbases.

Also I never recognized Adam McArthur as the XD guy but I guess 5-second voice snippets are different from him affecting a voice on an actual show

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think it works/worked better that way, leave things open-ended. I mean, exploring the larger far-reaching effects of merging the realms is a fun thought exercise, but I feel like the whole point of that being the end was basically saying that it's a whole new world full of possibility, and all these crazy kids need to learn to live in it is each other; the Power of Love conquers all, etc, etc. Putting a neat little bow on the other characters or the world kind of undermines the sense of wonder/intrigue the merged new world is supposed to present. At least, that's how I read it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
They seemed to dodge a lot of questions about the finale but then again since basically everybody said they left it open for any sort of potential sequel/revival series I guess it wouldn't be good to spell out the fates of every single character and thing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
In the end it feels like they wanted a "don't think about it too much" finale but didn't realize that a not-insignifcant portion of their fanbase was grown people who were definitely gonna think about it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

I think the distinction is between magical creatures like Ponyhead and creatures created by magic like the High Commission or Wand Spells. The former get to keep on existing, while the latter... don't.

The laser puppies were created by magic but are stated to still be around, just as non-laser puppies. No magic is a land of contrasts.