Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Looks like the event is up for purchase on streaming services, although the season isn't purchaseable properly because who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I tried to figure out why that looked so weird for a while before I realized her cheek marks are missing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I really don't know what he's referencing in terms of Steven Universe "going back to stuff from Season 1 nobody cares about".

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I mean, Eclipsa already ruled Mewni once, and apparently she wasn't that into it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Skippy McPants posted:

Star lives in anticipation of abs.

Logic suggests that in time they will reappear.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I really appreciate how ballsy this show is, politically. It's such a huge reversal from the average kids' show, or any show, to have Star just give up the wand, and the throne, because they don't belong to her. She doesn't quibble about the disruption it's going to cause; she just gives them to the rightful owner.

It's basically an argument in favor of reparations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Surely at some point somebody is going to notice that Star is more or less textually arguing on behalf of reparations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He is apparently good-looking, athletic, outgoing and good-natured, for that matter.

Yeah, I mean, he's kind of the total package? It's only his position as mild-mannered deuteragonist that makes it seem plausible that he'd be unpopular at all, and if the Ab Dimension is a reliable indicator, he's basically going to grow up to be Chris Hemsworth with eyelashes.

I guess this, too, is a subversion of the traditional male role in this kind of show? Maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I'm pretty sure kicking a door open with your feet is the "correct" way to do it if you don't have an axe, and using your shoulder is mostly a way to hurt yourself.