Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
listen

Clarifications:
  • Core archetypes gain +20 corruption and +12 infamy. Advanced archetypes gain +5 corruption and +3 infamy over that listed in the archetype.
  • Let me know if you need mutations and I'll roll up something for you.
  • Legacy weapons are allowed, but must be skinned as your character's "instrument" or otherwise directly related to their role in the band (e.g. If you have a flamer you can pretend it's this). Ask if you're not sure.
  • Equipment trade-ins are allowed. No Terminator armour.
  • You can choose any alignment before spending experience/gaining mutations. Advanced archetypes that have a specified alignment are not subject to this houserule.
  • The Sidearm talent is now Tier 2, not Tier 3.
Get on irc.synirc.net channel #acolyte to chat.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ignus Cornwall, Pyrotechnics

Before you sits an unremarkable marine. His armor is painted a bright orange. He smokes a lho cigar, even though his biology would filter out the narcotic like effects of the nico compounds in the burning plant matter. "Have you ever seen a hive spire on fire?" He says, the ember of the cigar reflected in his brown eyes. "it's like any fire, but only amplified." He holds up the cigar in front of him, his eyes focused on the smoldering end.

"Take this lho for example. Its on fire, but even from here I can barely sense the heat on my fingertips, even if I wasn't in armor. Now think of a camp fire, where the heat can be unbearable if you're within a meter of it, but warms you if you're a little farther than that." He takes a drag from the Cigar. "See, fire, fire is exponential. The bigger the fire, the more stuff that is burning, the more heat that is being given off as thermal radiation as the atomic bonds snap and break."

he holds the cigar back up in front of his face. "Now, I've seen a hive spire engulfed in flames. I felt it. Chapter landed planetside after some crazy Inquisitor declared the whole hive exterminatus due to plague or genestealers or something. One kilometer high, nearly as wide at the base. Everything that could burn was on fire. Paper, wood, waste, promethium, clothing, hair, flesh, everything. You could see it from space, you could feel the heat from five kilometers away. I knew at that moment that fire was the universe. The ultimate expression of nature and pure destructive force."

The Marine stubs out the lho and puts his helmet on. "oh, I stayed with the loyalist game as long as I could. I was a tactical,and they let me heft the flamers and meltas, so I was happy. Then I heard of The Pyre. A Chaos warband that focused on flamer tactics. Urban combat, sweeping advances, getting close enough to flame everything. I left as soon as I could; abandoned my chapter in a heart beat."

He finishes sealing his helmet and hefts his flamer, a beautifully designed weapon with gold and pearl inlays, with licking flames etched into the gold. "Not that I'm a traitor per say. I could take or leave Chaos. But the only chapter that is as fire friendly as I'd like is the Salamanders, and well, in the Imperium you can't jump from Chapter to Chapter. So joining the Pyre is as close as I can get to martial perfection. But it is time to spread my joy of fire, to get more converts at the altar of immolation. Some music concert is going on I guess. What show isn't enhanced by pyrotechnics? And at this show, there is no safe set up, or safe distance from the special effects."

Will need one unaligned double mutation roll for Ignus

pre:
Name: Ignus Cornwall 
Archetype: Forsaken
Alignment: Unaligned
Pride: martial prowess
Disgrace: Destruction
Motivation: Violence

Characteristics:

WS:  5=30+15+5(pride)   
BS:   40=30+10
S:    40=30+10
T:    60=30+20+5(advance)+5(mutation)
Agi:  50=30+20+5(advance)
Int:  22=30-5(pride)-3(motivation)
Per:  40=30+10
WP:   50=30+15+5(advance)
Fel:  26=30-4(disgrace)

Wounds: 18
Infamy:42 
IP: 4
CP: 25

Skills:
Acrobatics
Athletics
Awareness
Commerce
Common Lore (War)
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy, The Long War)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Survival +10

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
blind fighting
Combat master
Excessive wealth
Hatred (one)
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Hip shooting
jaded
Legion Weapon Training
Mighty shot
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons)
sound constitutionx1
Storm of iron
Unarmed Warrior

Traits/Other:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)
resourceful

Mutations; burning body. Give off light, +5 toughness

Gear:

Legion Power Armour
-scavenged Reconstruction
--Sustainable power source
--Recoil suppression
--enhanced ceramite plating
Legion bolterx4 mags
Legion combat knife
legion chainsword
legion shotgun
-inferno shells clips x 100
legion frags x4
Best quality Legion flamer w/ extended mags
Legion melta
Legion Power axe

Acquisitions:
Best quality legion flamer w/ extended mags (-10 Rare, +10 EW, +10 resourceful, +10 single, -20 best quality)
Legion melta (-30 ER, +10 single, +10 EW)
Power axe (-30 ER, +10 single, +10 EW)
Inferno shell clips x100 (scarce +0, EW +10, +10 EW, vast -20)

XP Spent       4450/4500
Rapid reload 300
Infamy +5 500
Excessive wealth 300
Combat master 500
Hip shoot 500
Mighty shot 750
Storm of Iron 500
Dodge trained 350
willpower simple 250
toughness simple 350
agility simple 250 

wounds, infamy, power armor: 1d5 2 1d5 4 1d10 1

Werix fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 16, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Thinking about making a Khorne Drummer, and his drumsticks are Thunder Hammers.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW3pZjmS3rg

Corrosion, Cyborg Lead Vocalist
"If you see one of those psychotic hazard striped bucket of bolts, you run for cover and get heavy weapons on line. Stay calm and you and your mates might come out of it ok.
But if you see the one whose armor is smooth ceramite with a red pauldron on his right and a red bionic arm, call it in but don't expect it to do you any good. Make your peace with
the Emperor and hope your mates remembered to do the same. Because that's the one they call Corrosion and nothing short of the Emperor's divine will and a Leman Russ squadron is gonna save your souls.

- Unknown Guardsman, executed for heresy, Siege of Vraks 813.M41

Beneath an exterior of cold metal burns a soul as bright as a dying star, the essence of a being who sought to rule the galaxy at his Primarchs's side. A Terran raised in the tribal customs of Old Albia, Corrosion has seen action from the very first battle of the Xth Legion throughout 10,000 years of war (real time). He rose meticulously through the ranks of the Iron Hands Legion to the ranks of Clan Avernii's Morlock elite and from there, there was potential for greatness. Corrosion dreamed of becoming the leader of his Clan and to fight the Great Crusade for eternity alongside Ferrus Mannus, but events ensured this was not to pass. Corrosion was among the fallen on Istvaan V, captured by the Alpha Legion, and indoctrinated to the point of losing all sense of self. With his dreams stripped away from him as easily as his dying flesh, Corrosion now exists only to seek his revenge.

Rumor has it that the Alpha Legionnaire who broke his mind, ripped all his limbs off, and replaced them with spare parts, is going to be at the Clash of the Titans. Corrosion, having been recently fitted with a implanted vox synthesizer after a close encounter with a meltagun, is looking to sign on with anyone. Any warband will do so long as they got a place for his song of synthetic soul and pure hatred.

It's too bad he'll never see his revenge because the dark gods burned him to a crisp.

pre:
Name: Corrosion
Archetype: Chosen
Pride: Wealth (Additional Acquisition w/+20 Bonus/-3 WP)
Disgrace: Wrath (+5 Per/-2 WP/-1 Wound)
Motivation: Perfection (+5 Per/-3 Fel/-3 Int)
Special Ability: Cold Killer

Characteristics:
WS  50 (30 + 15 + 5[Advances])
BS  40 (30 + 10)
S   40[70] (30 + 10) [Power Armour/Bionics]
T   40 (30 + 10)
Ag  50 (30 + 15 + 5[Advances])
Int 40 (30 + 8 - 3[Motivation] + 5[Advances])
Per 50 (30 + 10 + 10[Disgrace/Motivation])
WP  40 (30 + 10 - 5[Pride/Disgrace] + 5[Advances])
Fel 37 (30 + 12 - 3[Motivation])
Inf 32 (32)

Wounds: 19 (20 Starting - 1[Disgrace])
Infamy Points: 3
Corruption: 20
Experience: 4,400/4,500
Banked Experience: 100

Alignment Counter (KNST): 1/0/5/1
Advances:
Ancient Warrior (250)
Charm (200) [Slaanesh]
Commerce (200)
Deceive (200) [Slaanesh]
Excessive Wealth (250) [Slaanesh]
Mimic (250) [Slaanesh]
Preternatural Speed (750) [Slaanesh]
Security (200)
Stealth (200)
Swift Attack (500) [Khorne]
Tech-Use (200)
Trade (Armourer) (200)

Simple Ag Advance (250)
Simple Int Advance (250)
Simple WS Advance (250)
Simple WP Advance (250) [Tzeentch]

Skills:
Athletics 
Awareness
Charm
Common Lore (War)
Commerce
Deceive
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy and the Long War) 
Intimidate
Linguistics (Low Gothic) 
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Security
Stealth
Tech-Use
Trade (Armourer)

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Blade Dancer 
Bulging Biceps
Double Team
Excessive Wealth
Legion Weapon Training 
Lightning Reflexes
Mimic
Nerves of Steel
Preternatural Speed
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
Sprint [Bionics]
Swift Attack
Sure Strike
Unarmed Warrior
Whirlwind of Death  

Traits:
Amphibious
Dark Sight [Auto-senses)
Machine (8) 
Unnatural Strength (+4) 
Unnatural Toughness (+4)  

Bionics:
2 B.C. Bionic Arms (Acquisition #1)
B.C. Bionic Legs (Acquisition #2)
B.C. Embedded Auspex (Acquisition #3)
Mechanicus Assimilation (8) (Wealth Acquisition)

Gifts of the Gods:
SOUL DESTRUCTION LMAO

Starting Equipment
Legion Power Armour
- Scavenged Reconstruction
- Auto-senses
- Enhanced Ceramite Plating
- Sustainable Power Source
Legion Bolter w/4 magazines
Legion Bolt Pistol w/2 magazines
Legion Chainsword
Legion Combat Knife

pre:
Primary Combat Block:
WS  BS   S    T   Ag  Int Per WP  Fel  
50  40 40[70] 40  50  40  50  40  37

Wounds: 19/19  Infamy: 3/3  Initiative: 1d10+5
Half Move: 6 Full Move: 12[18] Charge: 36 Run: 36 Sprint: 72
SB: 8[11] (Bionics/Power Armour)  TB: 8[10] (Bionics)
Armour: 16[18] (All/Body)
Awareness: 50[90] (Auspex/Heightened Senses)
Dodge: 60
Parry: 50[60] (Chainsword)

Weapons: (Currently selected weapons are in BOLD)
Legion Bolter 100m S/3/- 1d10+9 X Pen: 4 Clip: 24/24 Rld: Half Special: Tearing
Legion Bolt Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+9 X Pen: 4 Clip: 8/8 Rld: Half Special: Tearing
Legion Chainsword 1d10+14 R Pen: 3 Special: Balanced, Flesh Render, Tearing
Legion Combat Knife 1d10+11 R Pen: 2

Noteworthy Talents
Double Team: Corrosion gains an additional +10 when ganging up on an opponent. Stacks for a total of +20 if another member of the party has this talent.
Heightened Senses (Hearing/Sight): Corrosion gains +10 to any tests specifically involving these senses.
Lightning Reflexes: Roll twice for initiative.
Nerves of Steel: Corrosion may reroll failed WP tests to avoid or recover from pinning. Additionally he gains a +10 bonus to WP tests to resist intimidation.
Quick Draw: Corrosion can draw and ready a weapon as a free action if it is a pistol, basic-class ranged weapon, or a melee weapon that can be wielded in one hand.
Sure Strike: Corrosion reduces melee called shot penalties by 10.

Noteworthy Traits
Dark Sight [Auto-senses]: Corrosion is able to see normally even in areas of total darkness. He also never takes a penalty for fighting in areas of dim or no lighting.
Machine (8): Corrosion does not breathe, is immune to the effects of vacuum, extremes of cold, any mind-influencing psychic effects, and his armour points apply towards fire damage.
The value in parenthesis indicate the amount of Armour Points granted by the trait, which stacks with worn armour but not Natural Armour.
Unnatural Characteristics (S+4/T+4): Value is added directly to the relevant Characteristic Bonus. Also whenever Corrosion succeeds on a test utilizing these characteristics, 
he gains bonus DoS equal to half of the Unnatural Characteristics value.

Noteworthy CSM Implants

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jun 19, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

ANIMAL

This is the story about a loyalist space marine. The marine was deeply loyal to his Emperor and was slavishly devoted to bringing about his will. This marine also played the drum in the Space Marine marching band. His was a simple drumline but one he played with dilligence and purpose, and he always carried the timing for the rest of the band. But this marine wanted more out of his life. Everything about the performance was down to a rigorous specification, from the single mechanicus-perfected drum maglocked to his armor to the regulation length of the sticks. There was no room for improvement, no change, no improvisation. The marine strived for more but he could never achieve it.

The marine was sent to war, where the marine marching band would play their battle hymns to the correct specification for the morale of his brothers. He had seen the scene dozens of times before, but this time was different. The marine's company had just finished a purge of a traitorous legion on an agri world and had been putting the last of the bodies and affects to the torch when the marine tripped over something. The end of a pair of rods poked out ominously from the ground. The marine had only just pulled the rods loose when he was overcame with emotion and a torrent of questions?

What if he was destined to do more with himself than play regulation drums for a regulation marching band with regulation drumsticks?
What if all the regimentation was holding him back?
Why do they only give him one drum to play? What if he wanted to play on more drums at once?
Why do they all have stupid faces?
Why can't I drum on them?

From this point, the loyalist marine was loyal no more. He no longer had a company or squad. He no longer had a marching band. He no longer had his own name.

His brothers, now looking on him with concern ask him if he is unwell. The marine pauses for a minute to consider his situation, nods and then yells out loud:

"DRUMS! AHHHAHAHAHAHAH"

There was only ANIMAL left...

...and then the drumming began in earnest.

pre:
Name: ANIMAL
Archetype: Khorne Berserker
Pride: Wealth - +20 req, -3 WP
Disgrace: Greed - +4 Corruption, -10 commerce
Motivation: Violence - +5 Corruption, -3 Int
Alignment: Khorne

Characteristics
Characteristics
WS:   55 = 30 + 20 +5[Khorne Berserker]
BS:   30 = 30 + 0
S:    80 = 30 + 20 +5[Khorne Berserker] +20 [Power Armor] +5 [Advance]
T:    50 = 30 + 20
Ag:   50 = 30 + 20
Int:  27 = 30 + 0 -3 [violence]
Per:  30 = 30 + 0
WP:   47 = 30 + 20 -3 [wealth]
Fel:  30 = 30 + 0

Infamy: 36
Corruption: 29 = 15 [Archetype] +5 [Starting exp] +4 [greed] +5 [Violence]
Wounds: 17

Skills:

Athletics +10
Awareness
Common Lore (War)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Daemonology, The Horus Heresy and The Long War)
Intimidate +10
Linguistics (low gothic)
Navigate (surface)
Operate (surface)
Parry +10
Survival

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Berserk Charge
Bulging Biceps
Cold Hearted
Fearless
Flesh Render
Frenzy
Furious Assault
Legion Weapon Training
Lightning Reflexes
Heightened Senses (Hearing, sight, armor)
Nerves of Steel
Pity the Weak
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons, psychic powers)
Sure Strike
Swift Attack
Two Weapon Wielder (Melee)
Unarmed Warrior

Traits/Mutations
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+5)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)
Brutal Charge (4)

Avatar of Slaughter: Once a combat, after a full round move, spend infamy to force enemy -10 wp or take -20 against player

Unstoppable Wrath: Spend infamy to make opposed strength check to ignore parry
OR make a +0 toughness test to ignore effect of injury, stun, fatigue, or death for a round

Mark of Khorne: Gains Resistance (Psychic Powers), Brutal Charge, and increases Unnatural strength by one

Gear:
Legion Power Armor
Legion Bolter
Legion Combat Knife
Legion Chainaxe
Legion Chainaxe All this bullshit got traded for better bullshit
2 legion frag grenade
2 legion krak grenade

Two Good Quality Accursed Crozius (-50 [NU] +20 [Legion Bolter trade] +20 [greed] -20 [legacy] -10 [good quality] +30 [legion chainaxes trade] = -10)
-Upgraded to best quality as part of the ascension
-Legacy of Rage: +10 to weapon skill for melee attacks, -10 int and per while wielded, frenzy as a free action
-Weapon 1 - Ragged: One weapon gains Tearing

DRUM (Best Quality Ragged Accursed Crozius | Melee | 2d6+9e | Pen 9 | Balanced, Concussive(0, 2h), Felling (4), Power Field, Tearing, Special)
STIKK (Best Quality Accursed Crozius | Melee | 2d6+9e | Pen 9 | Balanced, Concussive(0, 2h), Felling (4), Power Field, Special*)
- Accursed Crozius give wielder hatred against anyone he engages in melee, Opponents cannot use defensive stance against the Crozius

Infernal Star (-30 [exrare] +10 [single] +10 [Legion Combat knife trade in])

Best Quality Legion Power Armor (-30 exrare, -20 [best] +10 [ancient Warrior] + 10 [single] + 20 [Legion Power Armor Trade])
-+5 Intimidate
-Power Armor Customization: Remnants of Mutation (Slayer Limb)
-All Subsystems Online

Experience: 4500/4500
Khorne Berserker (3600)
Two Weapon Wielder (500)
Swift Attack (300) [K]
Strength Advance 1 (100) [K]
Infamy: http://orokos.com/roll/525422
Wounds: http://orokos.com/roll/525424
Power Armor Customization: http://orokos.com/roll/525430 - 10 The Black Legion's Armor, Remnants of Mutation
Legacy Weapon Ability 1: http://orokos.com/roll/525446 6 +- 3

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 23, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Box on page 47.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

I can hear everything. That's not hard. In fact, you can't stop doing it. But the thing is you have to know how to filter, how to pick up on what's important. The subtle nuances amidst all the noise. And once you do, it gets even harder. You have to listen carefully and start to understand. Each note has its own soul, you see. They're all screaming to be heard. I first heard it on Rynnleth. Small clod of dirt on the far side of the galaxy, nothing remotely important about it except for where it was. It was stable enough to be a staging point for a greater push in the Crusade. But the xenos there didn't want to give it up. The battles were long and vicious. Surprisingly so for such primitives. The greenskins are adept at the own incompetent brand of warfare, I suppose. Throw enough bodies at a problem and it'll go away. Much like the Guard in that way, though the orks tend to grow stronger for having done so despite their losses.

Where was I? Ah, Rynnleth. The atmosphere was bare but enough for an astartes to survive it at length. No need for a helmet. No want of one, either. The atmosphere might have been thin but the harmonics - such a lovely irony in that word - they interfered with our readings. Better to go at it with eyes and ears, thank the gods. I never would have heard it otherwise. Amid the gunfire and artillery there was this tiny keening. I couldn't help it. I fell out of formation to find it. But there it was. Tiny, tinny, and trying to speak to me. I knew that much but I couldn't quite hear it. Difficult for me to comprehend at the time, with the enhanced senses I possess. Or rather, the relatively enhanced senses I had at the time. But I had to hear it. I besought the apothecaries to work on my ears so I could hear it when I found it again. I heard more and more of these lost souls but still I couldn't understand.

I don't even remember when the Long War began. I was... enraptured by my search for the sound. I got my first inkling of insight the first time we battled our former brothers. Since then I have been trying harder and harder to seek them out. Something about those battles makes the sounds louder and clearer. I must hear them. I must understand.

pre:
Name: Screamin' Mimi Blastovich
Archetype: Noise Marine
Alignment: Slaanesh
Pride: Martial Prowess
Disgrace: Betrayal
Motivation: Perfection

Characteristics: 
WS:  42 (30+10) [+5 Pride] [-3 Motivation]
BS:  50 (30+15) [+5 Archetype]
S:   50 (30+ 0) [+20 Equipment]
T:   40 (30+10) 
Ag:  50 (30+20) 
Int: 22 (30+ 0) [-5 Pride] [-3 Motivation]
Per: 50 (30+15) [+5 Archetype]
WP:  40 (30+10) 
Fel: 60 (30+20) [+5 Motivation] [+5 Advance]

Wounds:   17/17 Wounds: 1d5+16 17
IP:        3/3    
Infamy:     37 Infamy reroll because I hosed up :v: 1d5+33 37
Corruption: 25 [+5 Disgrace] 

Skills:

Athletics
Awareness +10
Charm +10
Common Lore (Screaming Vortex)
Common Lore (War)
Deceive +10
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Astartes)
Forbidden Lore (Heresy)
Forbidden Lore (Long War)
Intimidate
Interrogation
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Bulging Biceps
Deadeye Shot
Exotic Weapon Training (Sonic Blaster)
Hard Target
Hip Shooting
Jaded
Legion Weapon Training
Lightning Reflexes
Light Sleeper
Marksman
Mimic
Nerves of Steel
Peer (Mortal Followers of Slaanesh)
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison)
Unarmed Warrior

Traits:

Amphibious
Fear 2
Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +4

Gifts/Other:

Dread Wail
Face of Slaanesh
Intoxicating Uproar

Gear:

Sonic Blaster
*Best Legion Power Armor (+5 Charm)
 - All subsystems
Legion Bolter
 - 4 Mags
*Legion Plasma Pistol
 - 3 mags
*Good Lightning Claw
2 Legion Krak

Advances:                4500/4500

Noise Marine                  3600
Charm                          100
Charm +10                      200
Fellowship +5                  200
Hard Target                    300
Deceive +10                    200

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jun 18, 2017

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Werix posted:

Box on page 47.

To clarify, +20 corruption and +12 infamy for core archetypes. For advanced archetypes, gain +5 corruption and +3 infamy over that listed in the archetype.

If this puts you over the first mutation threshold, let me know and I'll roll up something for you.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mateo the Metal-shaper

Look, I'm not "applying" to you. You're convincing me that this operation is worth my talents. That hack Honsou's walking siege-walls? Yeah, that was me. Brentall VIII? The screaming skeletons? You better believe it. The Bile Breathers of Caminous Arreous, Suleiman's Dancing Cage, I done it all, and I did on time and under budget. I got the skills, I got the muscle, I got the gear, I got the vision to make this poo poo art. You? You got me.

pre:
Name: Mateo
Race: CSM
Career: Warpsmith
Pride: Craftsmanship
Disgrace: Wrath
Motivation: Perfection

Characteristics       
WS	: 47  = 30 + 20 - 03 
BS	: 37  = 30 + 10 - 03 
S	: 30  = 30 + 00 + 
T	: 60  = 30 + 20 + 10
AG	: 43  = 30 + 10 + 03
INT	: 58  = 30 + 20 + 08
PER	: 30  = 30 + 00 + 
WP	: 35  = 30 + 10 - 05 
FEL	: 37  = 30 + 10 - 03 

Infamy     : 34
Corruption : 20
Wounds     : 18
Initiative : 1d10+4
inf and wounds: 2#1d5 2 4

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness
Trade (Armourer)
Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus, Tech, War)
Dodge 
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The 
Horus Heresy and the Long War Adeptus Mechanicus, Daemonology), 
Linguistics (Low Gothic, Techna-Lingua)
Medicae 
Navigate (Surface) 
Operate (Surface) 
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Occult) 
Scrutiny 
Tech-Use +10

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Bulging Biceps
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Legion Weapon Training
Mechadendrite Use
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw, 
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons, Fear)
Sound Constitution,  
Technical Knock
Total Recall
Unarmed Warrior
Unshakeable Will

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4) 
Unnatural Toughness (+4)
Unnatural Intelligence (+2), +20 Logic & Lore
Mechanicus Implants
Machine (8)

Abilities:
Binaric Curse: Spend IP to give a weapon/device Overheats or Unbalanced, or otherwise sabotage.
Cybernetic Dominion: Machine minons +10 loyalty.
Master of Metamorphosis: +10 to Ritual of Binding, spend IP for additional +20.

Mutations:
Spores: Being struck in melee causes enemy (if they breathe) to test TGH or lose next action.

Gear:
Legionnaire Power Armour, trade in for BC 
Legionnaire Bolter  trade in for Mech Assim
Legionnaire Combat Knife,  trade in for melta
four magazines for starting weapon

Medicae/Torture Mechadendrite, 
1 Mechatendril, 
GC Cranial Implants, GC MIU
Fallen Magos Power Axe 
Luminen Capacitors, Dataslate

Acquisitions:
8x Mechanicus Assimilation (-30 ex rare +30 bolter trade in -10 quantity)
BC Legion Power Armor w/ all subsystems, chain loinguard (-30 ex rare +30 PA trade in +10 quantity +10 AW -20 craftsmansip -10 all subsystems)
CC Legion Meltagun w/ red-dot sight & maglocks (-30 ex rare +10 single +20 trade in +10 AW -20 upgrades) 
pa customization: 1d10 7

Advancements     (4350/4500):
 Warpsmith           3600
 Simple BS           250
 Simple WS           250
 Simple Int          250

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 17, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I'm definitely at Mutation 1 then, roll me one Khorne aligned gift boss, vs infamy 36

Edit: While I'm holding my drumsticks, my character's int is effectively 17. Roleplaying what I know.

Edit 2: CSMs mutation track is 10, 30, 60, 90, so everyone should have one and we may potentially have someone with two if they take Psyker and play their background right.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 15, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
on second thought, nah, dropping this one

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 19, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Need an unaligned mutation for Corrosion. Also imgay.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Werix posted:

Will need one unaligned double mutation roll for Ignus

Pick one:
Bestial Appearance - You have the head of an ape. -5 Fellowship.
Brightly Patterned Skin - Your skin is covered in a pattern of techicolour spots. No mechanical effect.
Burning Body - Your skin burns with the fires of the Warp. When not fully armoured, you give off light. +5 Toughness.

DeathSandwich posted:

I'm definitely at Mutation 1 then, roll me one Khorne aligned gift boss, vs infamy 36

Gain:
Mark of Khorne - The rune of Khorne is branded on your flesh, claiming your soul for the Blood God for all time. Gain Resistance (Psychic Powers), Brutal Charge and Increase your Unnatural Strength by one.

Dachshundofdoom posted:

2 mutations for Nurgle vs Infamy 40.

Pick one:
Irrational Fear - You are afraid of Mutants. Make a +0 Fear test whenever you encounter one.
Irrational Hatred - You have a deep loathing of music critics. Pass a -20 Willpower test or enter a Frenzy whenever you encounter one, until the critic is either dead or gone.

Also gain:
Face of Nurgle - You are blessed with the most disgusting visage possible—that of Father Nurgle himself. Gain Fear (2) and Peer (Mortal Followers of Nurgle).

Viva Miriya posted:

Need an unaligned mutation for Corrosion. Also imgay.

Pick one:
Snout - Your nose twists and transforms into a piggish snout. Gain +10 to smell-based investigation tests.
Soul Destruction - Roll a new character :lol:
Spiked Tail - You have grown a thick reptilian tail that ends in a knobbly spiked ball. The tail can be used to make one additional melee attack each round. Does 1d10+SB Impact damage, has the Unwieldy and Concussive (0) qualities.
Temporal Instability - If you take damage and do not deal damage by the end of your next turn, make a Willpower test. Take 1d5 damage for failure, plus 1 damage for each Degree of Failure. This damage cannot be prevented by any means.
Tentacle-like Arm - Your off-hand arm withers away, replaced by a tentacle covered in fine suckers. -20 to tests involving fine manipulation with the arm, +10 to grapple tests.

Also urgay.

Vicissitude posted:

I'm a dumb babby who hasn't asked for mutations yet.

Gain:
Face of Slaanesh - Your face assumes the merest fraction of Slaanesh’s countenance and all who look upon you are utterly enslaved by your dark allure. Gain Fear (2) and Peer (Mortal Followers of Slaanesh).

wiegieman posted:

Pick one:
Chaos Were - Gain Illusion of Normalcy. If you fail a Willpower test, lose Illusion of Normalcy until you fail another Willpower test.
Claws - Your hands twist and warp, transforming your fingers into hideous claws. You gain the Natural Weapons trait.
Spit Acid - You may make a Standard Attack Half Action to unleash a projectile attack with the following profile; Range: 10m; Rate of Fire: S/-/-; Damage: 1d10+5; Penetration 3; Spray, Smoke. You may not make this attack if you are wearing an enclosed helmet.
Spores - If you are hit in melee combat, your body produces a cloud of choking spores. The opponent that struck you must succeed at a Toughness test or lose their next action. Enemies that do not breathe are immune to this effect.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

MaliciousOnion posted:

Pick one:
Burning Body - Your skin burns with the fires of the Warp. When not fully armoured, you give off light. +5 Toughness.

There literally is only one.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Are we allowed to adjust armor customizations by 1 or is what we rolled what we get?

Also do we get more subsystems unlocked as we get higher quality armor?

I know both of those have been pretty common house rules in BC games in the past.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

MaliciousOnion posted:

Pick one:
Soul Destruction - Roll a new character :lol:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

Are we allowed to adjust armor customizations by 1 or is what we rolled what we get?

Also do we get more subsystems unlocked as we get higher quality armor?

I know both of those have been pretty common house rules in BC games in the past.

I'll allow both of these rules. GC power armour can have five subsystems, BC power armour gets them all. I'm not including Sustainable Power Source because tracking power armour charge is dumb.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

MaliciousOnion posted:

wiegieman posted:

Mutations:
1 Unaligned

I'll take Spores.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EnlY0aZpgU

Grimes, Former Lead Singer and Bass guitarist

Touring all over the Screaming Vortex as part of the Emperor's Children affiliated Noise Marine synth rockband "Bassphetamine", Grimes was released from his contract after a violent incident during their latest Screaming Vortex tour. While touring on Ghibelline, instead of playing the next song, Grimes turned his ax "Bassmaster" onto the crowd and pulverized them in an Obscura-driven manic-depressive episode. The subsequent fallout from the ruling government cost the Legion and the warband a lot of good will. Grimes was banished to find his own way throughout the universe. Grimes is attending the Clash of the Titans in the hope of finding that most elusive joy in the Music business: a new, kickass sound and a new band to play with.

pre:
Name: Grimes
Archetype: Noise Marine
Pride: Foresight (+5 Per/-5 Fel)
Disgrace: Wrath (+5 Per/-2 WP/-1 Wound)
Motivation: Perfection (+5 Per/-3 Int/-3 WS)
Alignment: Slaanesh
Special Abilities: Dread Wail, Intoxicating Uproar

Characteristics:
WS  40 (30 + 13 - 3[Motivation])
BS  50 (30 + 15 + 5[Archetype])
S   40[60] (30 + 10) [Power Armour]
T   40 (30 + 10)
Ag  40 (30 + 10)
Int 30 (30 + 3 - 3[Motivation])
Per 70 (30 + 20 + 5[Archetype] + 15[Passions])
WP  40 (30 + 12 - 2[Disgrace])
Fel 32 (30 + 7 - 5[Pride])
Inf 32 (32)

Wounds: 18 (19 Starting - 1[Disgrace])
Infamy Points: 3
Corruption: 20
Experience: 4,500/4,500
Banked Experience: 0

Alignment Counter (KNST): 0/0/3/0
Advances:
Charm (100) [Slaanesh]
Deceive (100) [Slaanesh]
Deceive +10 (200) [Slaanesh]
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Blastmaster) (500)

Skills:
Athletics 
Awareness +10
Charm
Common Lore (Screaming Vortex,War)
Deceive +10
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Daemonology, The Horus Heresy and the Long War)
Intimidate +10[+20] [Disturbing Voice]
Linguistics (Low Gothic) 
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Bulging Biceps
Deadeye Shot
Disturbing Voice
Exotic Weapon Training (Blastmaster, Sonic Blaster)
Legion Weapon Training
Lightning Reflexes
Light Sleeper
Marksman
Mimic
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Swift Attack
Sure Strike
Unarmed Warrior  

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4) 
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Gifts of the Gods:
Slayer Limb (Legacy Blastmaster)

Starting Equipment
Legion Power Armour
- Remnants of Mutation (Slayer Limb)
- Auto-senses
- Bio-monitor and injectors
- Enhanced Ceramite Plating
Sonic Blaster Traded in to boost Blastmaster acquisition
2 Legion Bolt Pistols w/6 magazines Traded in to boost B.C. Legion Power Sword Acquisition and B.C. Conversion Field
2 Legion Frag Grenades Traded in for 2 bottles of Space Marine grade alcohol
2 Legion Krak Grenades Traded in for 2 doses of Obscura
Legion Combat Knife Traded in to boost Blastmaster acquisition

Acquisitions
#1 G.C. Legacy Blastmaster "Bassmaster" (Instrument: Bass guitar/Slayer Limb)
-Legacy of Rage/Merciless Pattern
- Ability #1: Massacre
#2 B.C. Legion Power Sword w/Storm Field
#3 B.C. Conversion Field

pre:
Primary Combat Block:
WS  BS   S    T   Ag  Int Per WP  Fel  
40  50 40[60] 40  40  30  70  40  32

Wounds: 18/18  Infamy: 3/3  Initiative: 1d10+5 Fear Rating: 0
Half Move: 5 Full Move: 10 Charge: 15 Run: 30
SB: 8[10] (Power Armour)  TB: 8 
Armour: 8[10] (All/Body) FF: 50 (Overload: 1)
Awareness: 80[100] (Auto-senses/Heightened Senses)
Dodge: 50
Parry: 40[60] (Balanced/B.C. Power Sword)

Weapons: (Currently selected weapons are in BOLD)
Bassmaster (Explosive Crescendo) 250m S/2/- 3d10+12[19] E Pen: 10[17] Special: Blast (4), Crippling (1d5), Devastating (4), Never Jams
Bassmaster (Hail of Noise) 150m S/3/- 1d10+14[21] E Pen: 8[15] Special: Crippling (1d5), Devastating (3), Never Jams, Storm
Legion Power Sword 1d10+18 E Pen: 8 Special: +10 WS, Balanced, Storm Field

Special Abilities
Dread Wail: Noise Marines are capable of manipulating the many amplifiers and sonic weapons incorporated into their armour 
to truly devastating effect thanks to their intimate knowledge of battlefield acoustics. Once per combat encounter, a 
Noise Marine may spend an Infamy Point to either increase the Damage and Penetration of a sonic weapon he is wielding by an 
amount equal to his Perception bonus or to force everyone within 50m to make a Hard (– 20) Willpower Test to resist the effects of 
the Noise Marine’s choice of either Fear (2), 1d5 levels of Fatigue, or becoming Stunned for 2 rounds.   

Intoxicating Uproar: Noise Marines are renowned for their extraordinarily acute hearing and the
complete abandonment with which they surrender themselves to the unique ecstasies of their perverse gift. Noise Marines gain a +20 
bonus to any Test involving Hearing. In combat, a Noise Marine gains a +2 bonus to Toughness, Fear, and Pinning Tests for every 
other active participant or point of Horde Magnitude (up to a maximum of 12). However, in order to disengage from combat, 
a Noise Marine must make a Challenging (+0) Willpower Test  

Noteworthy Talents
Deadeye Shot/Sharpshooter: Grimes reduces the ranged penalties of making called shots by 20, reducing the usual penalty to 0.
Heightened Senses (Hearing/Sight): Grimes gains +10 to any tests specifically involving these senses.
Lightning Reflexes: Roll twice for initiative.
Nerves of Steel: Grimes may reroll failed WP tests to avoid or recover from pinning. Additionally he gains a +10 bonus to WP tests to resist intimidation.

Noteworthy Traits
Dark Sight [Auto-senses]: Grimes is able to see normally even in areas of total darkness. He also never takes a penalty for fighting in areas of dim or no lighting.
Unnatural Characteristics (S+4/T+4): Value is added directly to the relevant Characteristic Bonus. Also whenever Grimes succeeds on a test utilizing these characteristics, 
he gains bonus DoS equal to half of the Unnatural Characteristics value.

Noteworthy CSM Implants

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 22, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

MaliciousOnion posted:

Irrational Hatred - You have a deep loathing of music critics. Pass a -20 Willpower test or enter a Frenzy whenever you encounter one, until the critic is either dead or gone.

That's about what I had in mind anyway.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Like all Word Bearers, Zazz longs for the day that all of humanity will accept the truth of Chaos. But simply fighting in Black Crusades, spreading Chaos cults within the Imperium, and making legions of slaves die erecting pointless cathedrals to Chaos nobody will ever even step foot in, while all great and good, aren’t adequate. They aren’t fast enough. No, Zazz says, to hasten the victory of Chaos, you must energize the faithful and covert the hearts of the heathenry. And what is the best way to do that? Why, through song, of course! With his trusty axe Jezebel, and his new-fangled voice amplifier a friendly Emperor’s Child sold him, he’s going to give the good news to all the boys and girls of the Screaming Vortex, and maybe someday, beyond.

pre:
Name: Pastor Zazz
Archetype: Dark Apostle
Pride: Charm (+5 Fel, -5 T)
Disgrace: Regret (+5 Corruption, -10 to resist intimidation)
Motivation: Perfection (+5 Fellowship, -3 Int -3 Str)
Alignment: Slaanesh (converted after creation)

Characteristics
Characteristics: 45 45  45 43 42 42 37 37 34 33

WS:   43 = 30 + 13
BS:   42 = 30 + 12
S:    54 = 30 + 07 +20 -3 [motivation]
T:    40 = 30 + 15-5
Ag:   42 = 30 +12
Int:  31 = 30 + 04-3 [motivation]
Per:  37 = 30 + 07
WP:   50 = 30 +15 +5 [Dark Apostle]
Fel:  60 = 30 + 15 +5 [Dark Apostle]+5 [pride]+5 [motivation]

Infamy: 33+3=36
Corruption: 20+5 [disgrace] =25
[url]http://orokos.com/roll/526082]Wounds[/url]: 20

Skills:
Charm
Charm +10
Command +10
Common Lore (Music)
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology, The Book of Lorgar)
Forbidden Lore (Heresy)
Intimidate
Scholastic Lore (Occult)

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Legion Weapon Training
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Unarmed Warrior.
Air of Authority
Ancient Warrior
Demagogue
Enemy (Ecclesiarchy)
Inspire Wrath
Iron Discipline
Unshakeable Will
True Grit

Traits/Mutations
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)
Dark Sight (helmet)
Heightened Senses (Sight/Sound)(Helmet)

Gifts of the Gods:

Gear:
Legion Power Armour
Accursed Crozius (non-possessed)
Legion bolt pistol +2 mags
BQ Legion Power Armor
-All Subsystems
-Scavenged: +10 to all Infamy, Intimidate or Command w/ Marines
-Trophy Rack
BQ Accursed Crozius, “Jezebel, the guitar”
-cursed metal
-Is also a guitar
GQ Doom Siren
Legionnaire Combat Knife
Legionnaire Bolter +4 mags
Unholy Icon
2 Legion frag grenades

Acquisitions:
•BQ Legion Power Armor (-30 ExRare, -20 [best] +10 [ancient Warrior] + 10 [single] + 30 [Legion Power Armor Trade])
•BQ Accursed Crozius (-50 NearUnique -10 [best] +10 [single] +40 [Accursed Crozius trade] )
•GQ Doom Siren (-30 [ExRare] -10 [good] +10 [single] +10 [Legion Bolt pistol])

Experience: 4,350/4500
Remaining: 150
3600: Dark Apostle
0750: True Grit (N)

Infamy: 33+3=36
Wounds: 20
Power Armor Customization: 1, Scavenged Reconstruction

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 19, 2017

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

I'll finish this up on sunday. Need a mutation in the meantime.

Pick one:
Grossly Fat - Your flesh swells and distorts, muscle turning to blubber before your very eyes and expanding until you are two or three times your previous mass. -10 Agility, -5 Fellowship, +10 Toughness and gain Size (Hulking).
Growth - You grow much larger. It is an unpleasant experience. Increase your Size by one step.

Also fix your tables.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Pick one:
Bestial Appearance - You have the head of a rat. -5 Fellowship, gain Heightened Senses (Hearing) (or +10 if you already have it).
Mer-creature - Your legs fuse together and become scaly and fish-like. Gain Amphibious and you can move in water without penalty; however, reduce your Agility bonus for movement to 1 when on land.
Metal Body - Your body is fused with machine, your bone replaced with metal and muscles with pistons. Gain Machine (+1).

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So, everyone else is gaming ancient warrior and the trade in rules for best quality power armor?

Copy that.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Werix posted:

So, everyone else is gaming ancient warrior and the trade in rules for best quality power armor?

Copy that.

i didn't because I bullshitted everything else

if you can't beat em join em

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I'm not sure using ancient warrior for it's sole written purpose really counts as abusing it?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Waci posted:

I'm not sure using ancient warrior for it's sole written purpose really counts as abusing it?

He's referring to the trade-in rules, which if you recall allowed me to start with a suit of B.C. Legion Terminator Armor, a G.C. Legacy Reaper AC, and a B.C. Lightning Claw at gen.

It's loving dumb but this is a loving rockband game so who gives a gently caress.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Interest post. Gonna get a nerd up at some point.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Urianger the Illest in Two Senses, aka Big Narstie

Since its inception, Chaos has always been composed of opposing, but at times complimentary, forces. The stalwart and methodical advance of the Plague God's forces did well to shield the warp slingers and spell casting forces of Tzeentch, and the swift brutality of Khorne matched pace well with the bursting energy of Slaanesh's drug addled minions.

This was true within the realm of music, as well. Each god drew to its altar a different sort to sing the gospels of Chaos, and while even methods amongst the acolytes of evil differed, even within the same realm of worship, there were many stereotypes that rang true.

Of Khorne, one would expect heavy handed chords and lyrics that matched the brutality of the Blood God's combatants, with guitar riffs being struck like a berserker's axe. The vocals were violent, and little thought was put into the grunts and screams that they considered lyrics. Khornates made excellent guitarists and back up vocalists, but much else was lost on them.

For Tzeentch, there was little else but planned chaos, discordant tones that on their own meant little but as a whole created something both majestic and incredibly confusing. The singers of the god of Change would do as well yodeling and making ululations as they would actually singing, and as far as Urianger was concerned, they were only there for percussion and bass playing, the most ignorable parts of a music act.

Slaanesh was, in ways, a mix of Khorne and Tzeentch, though Urianger would never say as such aloud. They were discordant, like Tzeentch, and violent, like Khorne, but in ways that made them exotic. Precision was key for them, at least at times; those of a certain mind could hit perfect pitch and rhythm and maintain it, at least until they were bored. They were guitarist material, for sure.

But it was Nurgle that understood the most important aspect of music: flow. For Khorne, it was in sudden bursts. For Tzeentch, it was sporadic and confusing. For Slaanesh, it was as amusement demanded. But for Nurgle? It was steady. It was solid. It could be slowed down to a gurgle, and sped back up to a fever pitch.

Urianger grinned to himself as he stepped forward on the stage, picking up the mic, his eyes closed. Every night, he reminded himself of this, to expel all doubts brought on by the hecklers in the audience. The ancient sinew and muscle in his body creaked and crackled as he moved, and he used that to build his rhythm; on his shoulders, boils burst and resealed rapidly, turning his decrepit form into a inhuman beatbox. When the hook dropped, he opened his eyes and began to work.

"I walk around in a bubble, a loving scoundrel in trouble
In every town, make a rumble, the venue ground into rubble
Give me a ten, and I'll double, I'll split your face like some aces
I got a fragrance I'm wearing called, "I will poo poo on you basics."
The money wants me to have it, I have a hunger for data
I'm crunching numbers and crack unbreakable safes while I'm at it
I'm doing more than just rapping, you have to grant me that dap
When you around where I'm at just know that it is not where you at
I'm not on your map, I'm a mystery to you captains of industry
If the 'matic is missing me automatic, it's victory."

Big Narstie threw his hands up, dropping the mic as he stepped back. It was less than a minute in every song, but he planned it almost as thoroughly as a Tzeentchian homowizard. It didn't even matter if his part fit in the song or not; it was all Chaos, after all, right?

Name: Urianger
Archetype: Plague Marine
Pride: Fortitude
Disgrace: Betrayal
Motivation: Nihilism
Alignment: Nurgle

Characteristics:
WS 30
BS 30+20
S 30
T 30 +10+5+20
Ag 30-10-3
Int 30-3+10
Per 30+20
WP 30+5-3+10
Fel 30+20
Inf 19+13+5

Wounds: 23/23
Infamy Points:
Corruption: 20+5+5

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness+10
Common Lore (War, Any One)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy and the Long War, Heresy)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry +10
Intimidate +10

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Legion Weapon Training
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Unarmed Warrior.
Die Hard
Bolter Drill
Exotic Weapon Training (Plague Knife)
Fearless
Iron Jaw
Hardy
Hip Shooting
Rapid Reload
Deadeye Shot
Blind Fighting

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Special Abilities
Abominable Physiology: The numerous parasites and virulent diseases that eat away at a Plague Marine’s armour and liquefy his diseased flesh also make him unnaturally resistant to harm. A Plague Marine never suffers Damage or other negative effects from Diseases, poisons, or the Toxic Quality unless he chooses to suffer these effects (although he can still be infected by Diseases as normal, and can spread them to others).

Hideous Resilience: Plague Marines have been known to walk unflinching through terrible fire and shrug off mighty blows that would cleave other Space Marines in twain. As a Reaction, a Plague Marine may make a Difficult (–10) Toughness Test. If he succeeds, he reduces the Damage from the next hit he suffers before the beginning of his next Turn by 1 per Degree of Success he scores on the Test. If he reduces the Damage to 0 this way, he gains the Fear (1) Trait to the foe whose attack he so easily withstood.

Infectious Miasma: Plague Marines are revolting testaments to the horrific bounties that await those who embrace the Lord of Decay, their bodies dripping with foul pestilences and contagions that hinder their opponents in combat. A Plague Marine may spend an Infamy point to release the swarms of bloat-flies, corpse-gases, and other vile contagions housed within his bloated frame. For the next 1d5+1 Rounds, at the start of the Plague Marine’s Turn, each other character within 10 metres of the Plague Marine suffers a single hit for 1d10 Energy Damage with the Toxic Quality, ignoring armour that is not environmentally sealed.

Gifts of the Gods:

Starting Equipment
Legionnaire Power Armour
Legionnaire Bolt Pistol
Legionnaire Combat Knife
four magazines for starting weapon.
Legion Boltgun with 2 magazines
Plague Knife
3 Blight Grenades
2 Legion Krak Grenades.

Acquisitions

Experience: 4500
Advances:
Plague Marine 3600

[21:06] <Dyne> so do you think throwing in rap lyrics will be too much
[21:07] <MaliciousOnion> not at all
[21:07] <Dyne> what if i told you i wrote them
[21:07] <MaliciousOnion> god yes

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 23, 2017

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

The lineup:
  • Ignus Cornwall (Werix)
  • ANIMAL (DeathSandwich)
  • Screamin' Mimi Blastovich (Vicissitude)
  • Grimes (Viva Miriya)
  • Urianger aka Big Narstie (John Dyne)

Of course, every good band needs a band name...

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
ANIMAL

The band had finally arrived at their venue and the roadies began unpacking their things. ANIMAL was already hard at work getting his situation worked out. A separate landing craft touched down with his "gear". Animal gave a rictus smile and claps his hands excitedly as the shuttle's cargo door opened and he was able to drag out his drums for the performance. He started with the gargantuan beast skull that has been his bass drum for a while now and held up to the abuse he gave it. Others have asked him if he was one to slay the beast himself or if he just found it, only to get ANIMAL's stereotypical response of shouting "DRUMS!" repeatedly and babbling semi-incoherently. Behind the skull lay the other makeshift drums in his arsenal, namely several large sections of tank armored hulls and a pair of Loyalist Astartes terminator armor, already worn down around the limbs and dented pretty severly, the remaining gristle of the former occupants occasionally dribbling out. It will take ANIMAL a while still to get all of his gear out on stage and ready, for he was one of the few actually strong enough to heft it.

Behind ANIMAL's station on the stage a crude 'journal' of sorts is laid out. Rather than it be written out like most high functioning people would do, ANIMAL has instead opted to make it a coloring book, though it's obvious by the smell that anytime the color red shows up, he's using actual blood instead of ink.

The first page shows Ignus and animal together. In it, Ignus appears to setting a crowd on fire and ANIMAL is beside him cheering. It seems as though Ignus is probably Animal's favorite of the band members due to his tactics.

The next page shows Scremin' Mimi Blastovich and Grimes together in a series of images that depict them doing untoward acts to each other. On the margins there are several descriptor words for what ANIMAL thinks of them, including "PERVS", "JERKS", and "NEW DRUMS?". Regardless, whenever ANIMAL is around them, he seems to be in control of his temper at least for the moment.

The next page depicts Big Narstie by himself, standing stark still. A pair of speech bubbles sprout off of him, one of which saying "WORDS WORDS WORDS", and the other "BLAH BLAH BLAH". It appears as though ANIMAL doesn't think much of Narstie, except maybe that he's boring or talks too much.

The final page of the book is filled with scribbles and words thrown together to try and figure out the band name. At the bottom the phrase THE BLOODSTREET BOYS? is underlined, as though that is what he wanted to name the motley crew.

Back on the stage, ANIMAL yelps in pain as he gets one of his hands pinched between sections of his tank armor drums. He pulls his hand back momentarily before pulling out his drumsticks and slamming the offending hull plating into the stage a number of times before continuing on with his work.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdpVM4hlTGk
Grimes
Fresh off the dropship and a fresh injection of concentrated Obscura running through his veins, Grimes starts bumping his own anthem as he heads on over to the stage to start setting up. He notices ANIMAL setting up his makeshift 'drums'. Hull platings and two dead terminators. Impressive. He looks around and notices ANIMAL's cute little coloring book. He reads through it. How cute, the brute loves fire! Even cuter: he thinks Noise Marine rub up on eachother because they are Slaaneshi. How simple minded of him, yet unsurprising. The last page is barely noteworthy. The stupid drummer may appreciate the discord and the immutable nature of sound but he has no concept of FLOW. Big Narstie seems to have that figured out even if his lyrics aren't always his cup of obscura infused tea. By the Dark Prince I love Obscura! Grimes thinks as the bass drops and he starts dancing spontaneously and firing off Bassmaster into some roadie with the flexing of his bicep.

(Default Setting of Bassmaster when letting off rapid fire bass shots)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kinFrx1nRS4&t=165s

"YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the stuff!" IGNUS! MIMI! Let's go gently caress some poo poo up before the show. I wanna go find some Word Bearers and blast their internals into jelly."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 22, 2017

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

MaliciousOnion posted:

Of course, every good band needs a band name...

The Aristocrats

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

John Dyne posted:

The Aristocrats

I'm actually unironically behind this.

Edit: Spinal Snap

Edit 2: vvvvvvvvv Are you calling Spinal Tap a fake band? How Dare you.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 22, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I suggest "Collecting Souls". It is a play on words for a real band, and sounds like something chaos folks would do.

"Oooooohhhhhhhh, Tzeentch let your light shine down! "

The first thing Ignus does is looks at what little safety baracades are in place before the stage. A quick measurement shows that they're too far out. The crowd needs to be closer to feel the heat of the pyrotechnics, in more way than one. He spends time lining out the stage, marking with tape the safe zones, the zones where you are going to feel the heat, and the zones that you will literally burn to death in.

The safe zone was for Big Narstie. Had to be careful with flammables around Nurgle folks, gas makes them flammable as hell, though it also makes little nurglings excellent fuel sources when you need to get a quick 20 meter flare up. Cage one of the fuckers, put an incinerator under them, and well step back when you flip the switch.

The heat zones were for the Slaaneshi folks. Extreme sensations and all that. Ignus wasn't going to complain. Nothing looks more badass than a Noise Marine letting out some sick bass rifts while he's only a few meters in front of a raging inferno. Gets those low hanging fruit that think that is so awesome. ignus has to get his converts to the Altar of Ignition anyway he can.

The best looking pyrotechnics display is around the drummer Animal. Typically drums are back center stage and naturally draws the eye, so putting your biggest and tallest jets of flame there makes sense. And since drum kits stay stationary (mostly) it makes it easy to load a bunch of stuff back there; though Ignus wouldn't mind if Animal wandered over one of the melta flares. Ignus knew Khorne berserkers were simple, in a way like Ignus, but to literally be unable to communicate in more than one word sentences gets real old, real quick.

Werix fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 22, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

"Resonance of Pain"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Lapsing into Nicholson

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Red Hot Chaos Peppers

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

can we pick one so we can play the game lol

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Viva Miriya posted: