Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

UNBOUND

Hello folks. I'm angling to start a regular weekly game session running Unbound for 3-5 players. Unbound is a card-based game where the players make up the setting as they go, so I don't have a gleaming game pitch to lure you in with -- just the absurdly pretty art.

The idea is to play a 4-6 session adventure in the setting, then deal with the fallout from that and play a new set of characters in a new 4-6 session adventure in the same setting, then do that a couple more times until you've got a linked series of stories exploring your setting and hopefully describing some greater arc within it. The twist is that each set of characters has a different core -- one group might be devout members of a church, the next soldiers, the third a crew doing cool crimes, and so on.

Gameplay-wise Unbound is squarely in the action-adventure camp, with detailed combat resolution systems based on your character's role (i.e. class) and a slightly looser 'dramatic scene' system that runs kind of like D&D 4e's skill challenges but hopefully with less janky maths.

The system is simple enough that I'm 100% okay with teaching new players. If it sounds interesting, don't let umfamiliarity stand in your way.

The Plan
  • We'll use roll20 to play the game. I've barely used it before so I'll be learning as I go, but it does support custom decks of cards and that's the key thing.
  • I'm thinking voice rather than text. Webcam optional since I sympathise with people who hate showing their face online.
  • I'm looking to run from 8 pm to midnight UK time on a week night. Maybe 8-11 if midnight is too late to stay up, but I can't start any earlier than that. This is my favourite time zone calculator in case you want to check what time that is local to you.
  • Once I've got enough players and a week night when everyone's free we can either set aside a session to do setting and chargen or try and get the lion's share done in-thread.

And that's all I've got. If you're interested post availability below and we'll see if we can get a critical mass of people together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Radio! posted:

Is the week night part definite? I'm intrigued but there's no way I could do a week night.

I'm afraid it is -- my weekends tend to be crazy busy, so weeknights are when I'm free to game.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Just as a warning, I'm not familiar with this game, so I'd have to ask you to teach me.

That would be fine -- the basic system is 'player and GM draw a card, high card wins, aces low', with some extra complexity for skills and things that we can cover as they come up. Combat is a little more involved but, again, it's all stuff that we can cover as it comes up.

This is less interest than I was hoping for, though, so I'll hit up some other people I know who might be interested. Watch this space.

• Locked thread