Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If rerolling the guaranteed 4* doesn't require doing all the bullshit then the smart strategy is probably to only reroll that one, but be more stringent in what you'll accept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The 4* for that is only limited to a pool of few chosen servants, but they are pretty/very good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nyaa posted:

The 4* for that is only limited to a pool of few chosen servants, but they are pretty/very good.

The other 9 pulls use the normal pull odds, right? Or is it literally just a single 4*, with nothing else to go alongside it?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also how do we know what "Servants/CEs [we're] looking for" if this is the first time playing the game? I mean I've looked at the list on the t-m wiki every now and then but for all I know only some of them could event/story-limited. I mean it's a rhetorical question because there are obviously going to be a lot of experienced players chiming in (and thank you all for that) who know the ins and outs of this system, but from an outsider's perspective the idea of trading accounts at the start to ensure a good initial batch only makes sense if the pool is naturally limited at that juncture.

Nyaa posted:

Is that this?

Captain Baal posted:

You are guaranteed 1 of 10 4* star servants from your first roll in the prologue though and Endorph wrote up a post on which ones are worth looking into.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I haven't played the JP version, but from what I gathered, its a single pull for a guaranteed 4*. After completing the prologue, there's enough quartz earned for a full 10 pull from the normal gacha (1 guaranteed servant of 3* or higher).

Depending on when the single guaranteed pull occurs will affect efficiency of the re-rolling procedure.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Nate RFB posted:

Is that this?
Yes, it might not be a guarantee 4*. The JP side have a event to let us pick from a list of 4*, then i guess they did change it to guarantee 4* for newer players?

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Those are two separate things and it'll be possible to get both the guaranteed 4* from beginner pull and a choose 4* later, but its all a toss-up for English version.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Someone on reddit put together a brief guide to get emulation working again and it's been a lifesaver for me. I literally finished grinding what I needed from Honnoji by a hair due to Nexus 7 load times.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Other tips from an overinvested player:

1) Bind your account, always.
2) Hoard all the QP you can or at least enough so that you don't have to worry about spending any when you level up your Servants or their skills (skills are the biggest drain)

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Nyaa posted:

Yes, it might not be a guarantee 4*. The JP side have a event to let us pick from a list of 4*, then i guess they did change it to guarantee 4* for newer players?

They did. A while ago they changed the pool of starter servants to all 4* instead of the original pool that had two 4* and the rest 3*. The US release will start with the updated pool of all 4* for starter servants.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Don't get baited by the endless Servant releases, post here first so people can tell you what new Servants are worth it and what arn't.

As the difficulty of each singularity increases, for example, single target Servants become more and more useful (for quickly killing bosses).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm gonna get baited by my favorites and there's nothing you can say to stop me

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm ready to not get Francis Drake yet again.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.
I just hope everymongrel is ready to throw real-life $20 bills at your screens* when Gilgamesh's rate-up is happening.

*may have been how I got 3 Gils on my moonrunes account

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't want Gil so I'm not going to waste quartz and tickets on him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Don't get baited by the endless Servant releases, post here first so people can tell you what new Servants are worth it and what arn't.

As the difficulty of each singularity increases, for example, single target Servants become more and more useful (for quickly killing bosses).
the servants worth rolling for are the ones you like

that said it's worth looking at the list of servants in the jp version to make sure someone you like more isn't goign to come later

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Speaking of that here's a list of the JP server's rate-ups/limited servants in order of appearance someone made;

quote:

Original Servant Rate-Up Release Order
------------------------
Gilgamesh - 1 month (won't be available again for 8 months!)
Altera - 2 months (won't be on rate-up until 15 months later)
Tamamo (Caster) - 3 months (won't be on rate-up for another year)
Sakata Kintoki - 3 months (7 months until available again)
Okita Souji - 4 months
Waver - 4 months (won't be on rate-up for 5 months)
Francis Drake - 4 months
Mordred - 5 months
Scathach - 5 months (6 months until available again)
Altria Alter - 6 months
Altria Lancer Alter - 6 months
Ryougi Shiki - 7 months
Brynhildr - 7 months (never again)
Nightingale - 8 months
Rama - 8 months
Amakusa - 8 months (won't be available for 8 months)
Waver - 9 months
EMIYA (assasin) - 9 months
Gilgamesh - 9 months
Jalter - 9 months (won't be available for 6 months)
Sakata Kintoki - 10 months
CuZerker - 10 months
Scathach - 11 months
Xuanzang - 11 months
Saberlot - 12 months
Minamoto - 12 months
Fuuma - 12 months
Altria Lancer - 13 months
Tristan - 13 months
Altria Archer - 13 months
Saint Martha (Ruler) - 13 months
Marie Ant (Caster) - 13 months
Tamamo Caster - 15 months
Jalter - 15 months
Amakusa - 16 months
Merlin - 17 months
Jaguar Man - 17 months
Gil Caster - 17 months
Ishtar - 17 months
Altera - 17 months
King Hassan - 18 months
Miyamoto Musashi - 18 months
MHX Alter - 19 months
Yan Qing - 20 months
Hijikata - 21 months

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have so many questions about that list

for starters, why is yan qing, the 4*, listed instead of moriarty

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.
The list-maker's Suikoden bias is evident. How else could they ignore the noble old man allure of Moriarty?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
if you take that list and add up everyone's stars you get 108

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Took 150 quartz but I got Milfzerker (and a shitload of the 5* event CE).

If only I had any blue berserker gems.

e: I have 32 reds and 18 golds, what the hell. :negative:

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jun 15, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm doing analysis on some of the servants that are gonna be in the game at launch in 10 days and I'm posting them in the second op but here is a link regardless

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147896

I stole Endorph's template

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

How is performance on phones? Every video I've seen has annoying periods of slowdown

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it runs perfectly on my phone. the videos are probably emulators, or they're from very early in the game's life.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wound up getting a cheap tablet that met the specs (2 GB of RAM) from that one reddit link, which I found palatable in the sense that I kind of wanted a tablet anyway.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

I'm doing analysis on some of the servants that are gonna be in the game at launch in 10 days and I'm posting them in the second op but here is a link regardless

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147896

I stole Endorph's template

The bluetext for Mashu's upgraded NP name shows over the spoiler box

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When I browsed over it didn't show up earlier but I'll fix it

EDIT: It's been fixed

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 15, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait to reroll for Heracles and get 12 camillas in a row instead.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
I am ready to be the cancer that is killing modern gaming.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Oh god, I forgot I actually hated this Onigashima event. The secondary damage amp CE required is far more annoying to obtain in this one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

camilla is cool and good

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I've got Raikou with a max LB Student Council CE (15% Arts and Buster), but is there something better? I don't have the event damage CEs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Schubalts posted:

I've got Raikou with a max LB Student Council CE (15% Arts and Buster), but is there something better? I don't have the event damage CEs.
Raikou wants:

Starting NP
Buster Up
NP Damage Up
Crit Damage Up

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Participation_of_the_King
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/First_Sunrise
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/The_Three_Great_Heroes
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_Night_Dinner
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Victor_From_the_Moon

One of these if you have them.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Don't be silly.

You'll just get a slew of worthless 3* CEs.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I am prepared to throw money into Japan's Top Grossing App (or just Top Grossing Game? I forget).

Space Flower posted:

im going to my idol game and a full party of Liz, i hope

RIP Space Flower's ears

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Compendium posted:

Don't be silly.

You'll just get a slew of worthless 3* CEs.

When I first started a long time ago, I rolled Carmilla a bunch (like.... probably 12 out of 40 rerolls) and thought she was bad for some awful reason (maybe she was? maybe I misread a poast)

Then I rolled Altera and stuck with her. Then I learned Carmilla was actually pretty good. I'd be 100% fine with a Carmilla starter, I'm not going to go for "Heracles or bust" this time.

Endorph posted:

camilla is cool and good

Now I know better :)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just want a 5 Star, any five star at all.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just want a 5 Star, any five star at all.

Show some loyalty to your waifu or husbando, jfc. What do you think this is, a game?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Show some loyalty to your waifu or husbando, jfc. What do you think this is, a game?

Mah boy Angra and my husbando Merlin won't be in for a while, and my waifu Francis Drake also won't be in at the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I will whale like a crack-addicted consumer whore for english JAlter.