Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Also my math was wrong, you need 70 gold medals a day because the finals are four days long and not three. I think at minimum this will require at least one level up or one apple per day.

Unless you hit level 100 you should get at least one level up a day running the 30AP, so that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Need? Need for what? What am I missing? I don't know how many things I need to buy.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
600 gold medals for 3 Crystalized Lores, 100 for 10 Homunculus Babies. Everything else (i.e. anything you'd want to buy with silvers and bronzes) requires so much less or is so useless (XP cards, Nightless Rose) that you don't need to worry about it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Are those used for specific characters or everyone once they're high enough? Is this the only opportunity to get them?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Level 10 skills require lores and they're not farmable. They're Pretty Important

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I cry everytime Lancelot decides to get crit'd and oneshotted.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

I cry everytime Lancelot decides to get crit'd and oneshotted.

Same, but for my murdercat.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
St. George is your friend, though if you haven't ascended him at least once he might not last past round 2.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Between last night and this morning I ran the 30 AP daily hunting for the last caster monument I needed to ascend Waver.

I spent 9 golden fruits, and leveled up 3 times in the process. 3 berserker monuments, 3 rider monuments, 8 assassin monuments and 0 caster monuments :negative:

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Vengarr posted:

My reaction every time I roll:

All those quartz will be lost. Like tears in rain.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Do I have to wait until Nero fest is over to get gold berserker statues?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Sodium Chloride posted:

Do I have to wait until Nero fest is over to get gold berserker statues?

No, you can get them from the Duels today as normal. But obviously running those duels isn't giving you Nero fest medals, so it's a trade off.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kid Waver with Iskandar's cloak is awesome and I love all my friends who have him already. I'm psyched that I got a Waver on this event, just need to find the time to level him up!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Waver is so ludicrously powerful and useful at Ascension 3, my god. That third skill really makes a world of difference. And you don't even need your own copy since everybody and their mom has him.

...I sneaked a look at Merlin and :vince: 'd out of my chair. How did they let a character so broken make it in? The old joke that he was the author's self-insert has reached critical mass.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Vengarr posted:

...I sneaked a look at Merlin and :vince: 'd out of my chair. How did they let a character so broken make it in? The old joke that he was the author's self-insert has reached critical mass.

My favorite thing about Merlin is that his invincibility skill, for reasons I'm sure make sense to the person who developed him, lowers the enemies' critical chance.

But I mean, we are talking about Merlin, maybe the most famous magician in literature. You can't half-rear end Merlin, of all folks.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 26, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Imagine the day we get playable Solomon.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
My tablet came two days ahead of schedule. Thanks Amazon, it's time to play F/GO again.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I am really behind on this, just been getting the daily login rewards. Fuyuki is just a huge slog so far. Just going through with Jeanne and Herc and generally a friend Herc and Mash in the back with that FP boost essence. I guess I probably wanna stick a couple of cheap Servants in the back with those sorts of essences eventually.

The Nerofest quests have been interesting at least, I did a ten pull but it wasn't very good. I didn't know there were any fat Sabers and now I do though.

Also when are Mordred and Astolfo gonna be in this?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I just finished Fuyuki last night. I didn't find it too much of a slog unless you just mean sheer number of fights rather than difficulty.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

So when is the optimal time to start burning through golden apples? The round before the grand final?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Kay Kessler posted:

So when is the optimal time to start burning through golden apples? The round before the grand final?

Maybe never? Depends what you need. So far it doesn't seem like the resource farming is worth apples, so the only obvious reason would be if you end up short on gold medals and want all the lores. That's not something you'll know either way until the finals.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Waver is so ludicrously powerful and useful at Ascension 3, my god. That third skill really makes a world of difference. And you don't even need your own copy since everybody and their mom has him.

I'm one caster monument from this and it sucks. I wasted 5 golden apples thinking the 4 horsemen daily would drop one

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Vengarr posted:

In story, he was already massively powerful, and servants get a boost to their power by people knowing about their legends. Who hasn't heard of Merlin?

Out of story, I can't give an answer.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Seeing so many people having problems with the 30 AP Nero quest is both kind of odd and understandable. I generally am able to blow through the actual servant fight, with EMIYA, Altera and a support Waver just by blasting Noble Phantasms and then blasting away. My trouble is with the waves beforehand, where I could lose someone in one round if the loving Chimeras focus fire and crit. I was kinda pissed when that actually happened.

If anyone needs a beatstick Saber my friend code is 018,233,170. I'll clear some people who haven't logged in in a week and add nearly anyone who doesn't just have Mash set.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My preferred 30AP method, at this point: Herc 50 w/ Kaleidoscope, St. George, and either Lancelot or Tamamo Cat w/ Kaleidoscope. George taunts on round 1 while the rest build up their NPs; with any luck you get all three arts cards at once and call it a day. Round 2 you focus fire and use your evade skills to ensure everyone stays alive. Should all be OK by the end unless you get a really bad set of crits. Lancelot or Tamamo are the more important ones to keep alive, if you have to choose between them. Round 3 focus on Waver, boost everyone's attack as much as you are able to, go Buster-Nine Lives-AOE NP. Waver is now gone and Jing Ke should only take a breath of wind to knock over.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

My preferred 30AP method, at this point: Herc 50 w/ Kaleidoscope, St. George, and either Lancelot or Tamamo Cat w/ Kaleidoscope. George taunts on round 1 while the rest build up their NPs; with any luck you get all three arts cards at once and call it a day. Round 2 you focus fire and use your evade skills to ensure everyone stays alive. Should all be OK by the end unless you get a really bad set of crits. Lancelot or Tamamo are the more important ones to keep alive, if you have to choose between them. Round 3 focus on Waver, boost everyone's attack as much as you are able to, go Buster-Nine Lives-AOE NP. Waver is now gone and Jing Ke should only take a breath of wind to knock over.

Is George really needed for this one? Hans might work even better. The chimera are all pretty low level so I've found that level 50 berserkers don't need help to stay alive while my NPs charge - and I've only got LB Dragon's Meridian, not Kaleidoscope. Tamamo Cat is definitely the most fragile of the three but even she's pretty safe with careful use of Master Skills. I've only lost someone to the chimera once and that was 100% down to me forgetting to use an evade when I clearly should have.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I've been doing fat Caesar, Herc with Dragon's Meridian, and support Arturia/Altera with Kaleidoscope. They can all tank through the first two waves easily enough, then on the third wave turn on all the buffs and mow down everything with NPs.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Is George really needed for this one? Hans might work even better. The chimera are all pretty low level so I've found that level 50 berserkers don't need help to stay alive while my NPs charge - and I've only got LB Dragon's Meridian, not Kaleidoscope. Tamamo Cat is definitely the most fragile of the three but even she's pretty safe with careful use of Master Skills. I've only lost someone to the chimera once and that was 100% down to me forgetting to use an evade when I clearly should have.
Perhaps not, I've just gotten so used to using George in my setup and he's already ascended twice so he's really hard to kill at this point. I'd worry about keeping Andersen alive throughout the first couple of waves.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Perhaps not, I've just gotten so used to using George in my setup and he's already ascended twice so he's really hard to kill at this point. I'd worry about keeping Andersen alive throughout the first couple of waves.

Oh sure, I was assuming Hans would pop his NP around the start of wave 2 or so. He can just die quietly after that.

But yeah, probably pretty much anyone can work as the third team member.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
For the 30AP, I have Salter w/Kaleid, Waver and a support Herc w/Kaleid.

First wave dies off very quickly, I 9 lives the big chimera, I Morgan the last wave and kill off waver during the 2nd turn.

I've been doing this on loop for 4 hours, someone please help

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
You mean you guys aren't 3-4 rounding 30AP? My strategy is around Lancelot w/ Imaginary Element, Saber Alter with Kaleidoscope, and a 3rd ascension Waver.
Round 1 - Waver uses skill 1 on Lancelot and skill 2. Lancelot NP: Knight of Owner
Round 2 - Saber Charisma, Waver skill 3. Brave or buster chain with stars from Lancelot NP
Round 3 - Saber Buster Boost, Chaldea uniform attack boost. Excalibur Morgan as part of a buster chain if possible. Clean-up as needed.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Waver and Keleidoscope are pretty much Easy Mode, yes.

I'm not having any trouble with 30AP but I don't have a plan yet for the Grand Finals. I'm hoping "actually set up some kind of backline" will be enough.

Calde
Jun 20, 2009
I've only been playing for about two weeks but I've figured out my own slower system that works regularly. I run Gilgamesh & Saber with Imaginary Elements and bring a Lancelot with Kaleidoscope as my support. On the first floor I slowly use Arts chains to get as many NPs ready as possible. The second floor I buster chain down the chimera, using evade/heals from master skills to keep afloat. On the third floor I dump two or three NPs and clear everything. Usually takes 6 to 7 rounds total.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I 12-15 the 30ap with waver Gil Jeanne

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This whole experience has also taught me that Saber Alter is kind of underrated. Of all the AOE NPs I've tried in the 30AP, hers is the only one that comes close to actually killing everyone in one hit since she has skills to boost both attack and buster cards.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

My 30AP strategy is Waver(Formalcraft), Support(Any AOE NP with an imaginary element or kaleido), and Lancelot. First two waves take one or two turns each (one turn if I get good cards, two if I get a lot of Arts on someone who isn't Waver or Arts cards), and the last phase is just dump Waver's skills into the other two to max out and NP chain the wave to death.

A couple dozen runs in and the last phase has yet to survive it.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I have 30 ap down to 5-6 turns depending on luck with my hand of cards on the second chimera:

Altera (kscope), Arash (kscope), friend Waver (3rd asc.) in front line. Liz (kscope) as first backup, and Medea/Mashu but they don't matter.

Chimeras: Waver's 1 on Arash, Stella, move on.
Big Chimera: Liz buffs/debuffs, Waver buffs, kill in 2 turns. Can one-round it with ideal Altera cards.
Servants: Altera's NP buff, mystic code damage buff on Altera, Altera & Liz NP + another attack, target Waver. If I have both of Altera's burst cards I'll just use her NP on this wave and then kill Waver instantly.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jul 27, 2017

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

I'm running Vlad/projection, Herc/limit zero over, Lancelot/verdant sound, Tamamo party and just windmill slamming buster chains.

Seems to work out pretty well. Sometimes one of the zerks dies on the last wave but otherwise a pretty clean run. Vlad busters one shotting those wave 1 chimeras helps a lot.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Nate RFB posted:

This whole experience has also taught me that Saber Alter is kind of underrated. Of all the AOE NPs I've tried in the 30AP, hers is the only one that comes close to actually killing everyone in one hit since she has skills to boost both attack and buster cards.

I've mentioned this before, and others have too. But Lancelot will straight up clear the 30 AP third wave with the Mystic Code attack boost. Maybe it requires NP lvl 2 or 3, but at NP lvl 4 it's insane overkill, doing like 215k damage total chained after Waver's NP. I imagine it's still more than enough to wipe them without Waver too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I'm close to 1000 AP spent and have yet to get a Claw of Chaos. This is starting to drive me mental when every gold chest is either an exp card or a gem.