Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VZ_eBIv5sQ

this video's art quality is kinda but there's some cute animation/ideas and also look at all these servants youll never roll lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

My third Servant to reach full Ascension in NA is my bro based Hassan:

Carry on, Antiquity Batman.

I've never seen him fully up. That's pretty great. Good on you to stick with a servant you like :)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So the maths shows that the 5ap is the best? I got 7 dangos, (1 moon and the ce from the shop + support). Is it really that much worse than the 40ap mission that gives around 60 dangoes when you use the 100% dango ce?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also I toss a ticket at the gacha for shits and immediately got a black key. Feels like the game is telling me not to roll.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
I have no investment in fate as a franchise outside of this gacha but the writing for this event has actually made me smile a few times so I'm BACK IN THE GAME BABY!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Quetzadilla posted:

I have no investment in fate as a franchise outside of this gacha but the writing for this event has actually made me smile a few times so I'm BACK IN THE GAME BABY!

Martha, with her pockets full of dangos, peels out on a dragon. "See ya sucker!"

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
gently caress this Guardian Knight spamming motherfucker. The enemy shouldn't be able to use their stupid cheap rear end defensive moves more often than you can.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So where should I be grinding for special Dango? I need 90 more to get the last event, and the 30 AP free quest doesn't want to give me any.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

BlazeEmblem posted:

So where should I be grinding for special Dango? I need 90 more to get the last event, and the 30 AP free quest doesn't give me any.

5AP quest.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

New Leaf posted:

gently caress this Guardian Knight spamming motherfucker. The enemy shouldn't be able to use their stupid cheap rear end defensive moves more often than you can.

If you have a Medea, bring her along and try to keep her alive. She may have the triangle disadvantage but Rule Breaker will remove those annoying buffs.

a kitten posted:

Martha, with her pockets full of dangos, peels out on a dragon. "See ya sucker!"

Martha owns and I will toss tons of Quartz for her Ruler version.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Caligula loving killed me on his quest.

In general the writing here has been a real treat. Each segment's gotten at least one big smile out of me. I at least don't mind grinding a little to get to the next story section.

Chippzz
Mar 22, 2008
Are there any ways to get cheaper quartz than buying it straight from the game?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
No, you just get quartz from free quests on the game and from log in bonuses and sometimes apology gifts and from getting quartz shards from the weekly mission. There is no cheaper way, you either spend time or money or both for quartz.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Orion's Arts animation of just kind of tackling the enemy makes me smile.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

So the maths shows that the 5ap is the best? I got 7 dangos, (1 moon and the ce from the shop + support). Is it really that much worse than the 40ap mission that gives around 60 dangoes when you use the 100% dango ce?

Those +7 drops mean you'll be getting 21 bonus dango each time you run the 5AP, so yes, it's much more efficient than spending eight times as much AP for only three times as many dangos. Even when you factor in that rare dangos are worth less the 5AP still comes out significantly ahead.

----

edit: 40AP was pretty straightforward with the classic Cu/Hans/FriendJeanne team. Cu/Hans/FriendWaver would have been better, but you've got to take whatever support has Bathing Moon Goddess.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Aug 18, 2017

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It took 180 AP to get those 2 friggin Caster gems

I hate you game.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess the story with cirnopedia is that NA users basically DDoSed it by accident when Moon Goddess dropped, as the hosting site saw a ton of traffic on a few specific files related to it and shut it down. At least according to FGO's awful subreddit. That's pretty funny. Could be permanent too if what happened to the PSO2 cirnopedia, apparently?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
That'd be a shame. Cirnopedia's information wasn't always the best, but it was much better laid out and more understandable than wikia's. And let's not even talk about Gamepress.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I would totally buy a chibi Ishtar doll. :swoon:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I blew all the summon tickets I had before EP4 of the story just to hopefully get Orion.

I got a moon bath :3:
But then I got more loving Azure Keys and another Saber Gilles.

What's the point of a rate-up if its gonna give me the same garbage the story summon gives me? Might as well not even have it as a separate listing.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I blew all the summon tickets I had before EP4 of the story just to hopefully get Orion.

I got a moon bath :3:
But then I got more loving Azure Keys and another Saber Gilles.

What's the point of a rate-up if its gonna give me the same garbage the story summon gives me? Might as well not even have it as a separate listing.
The same can be said for FGO gatcha in general.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

Orion's Arts animation of just kind of tackling the enemy makes me smile.

I really want her, but I'm rapidly going to run out of pulls during this event. I hope the couple quartz I'll get from login/weekly stuff are lucky ones. :ohdear:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Rate-up doesn't mean you will get something.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's for making you waste money in vain hope. I know I did :negative:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I don't think you know what a rate-up is

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
The rate up is nowhere near generous enough within that 1% chance of getting a 5*.

During the Gilgamesh rate-up I rerolled until I got a Waver, Vlad and Altria on the first pull, and Gilgamesh was actually the 5* I saw the least while churning out reroll accounts. Then using all of the Start Dash + Gil campaign + story completion + dolphin package quartz, I got another Vlad and a Jeanne during that rate-up. Now with the Orion campaign, I got another Waver and then finally an Orion.

Sooo 1 rate-up in 7 successful 5* pulls.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
RNG is RNG. I got both Ruler Martha and Archer Artoria within like 5 or 6 tickets when they were on rate-up so i can confirm that rate-ups are good civilization

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
It's generally agreed that the 5* rateup within the 1% chance is about 70%, based on collected data, so it's actually pretty generous.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Sophism posted:

The rate up is nowhere near generous enough within that 1% chance of getting a 5*.

During the Gilgamesh rate-up I rerolled until I got a Waver, Vlad and Altria on the first pull, and Gilgamesh was actually the 5* I saw the least while churning out reroll accounts. Then using all of the Start Dash + Gil campaign + story completion + dolphin package quartz, I got another Vlad and a Jeanne during that rate-up. Now with the Orion campaign, I got another Waver and then finally an Orion.

Sooo 1 rate-up in 7 successful 5* pulls.

You also got 7 successful 5* pulls, so... gently caress you?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I was wondering, since in JP there are more servants and most of them are 4 star or better is there a higher chance to roll one or it doesn't work that way

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The chance to pull a 4* or 5* is always the same, it's just that as the pool increases the chances of the pull being a specific servant that you want (esepcially outside of a rateup) will go down because the pool size is larger.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm pretty sure it's stated in the game itself (somewhere in the Summon Info section) that the chance to pull a 5* Servant is 1% and the chance to pull a 4* Servant is 3%. That doesn't change no matter how many Servants or if there's a Rateup.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
All I hoped to get out of this rateup was an Ushiwakamaru. Didn't get her. Sad!

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

UchihaHirou posted:

You also got 7 successful 5* pulls, so... gently caress you?

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm super thankful for the crazy luck, just saying that the rate-up is unreliable!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Vengarr posted:

All I hoped to get out of this rateup was an Ushiwakamaru. Didn't get her. Sad!

Keep using those friend supports. She will show up on them someday.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

BlazeEmblem posted:

Keep using those friend supports. She will show up on them someday.

This is certainly a good event for it since everyone's grinding 5AP quests - most of them at 100FP a toss. If you have a good support with Moonlight Fest and an active friends list you can easily rake in thousands a day.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
well maybe if people use my lancelot more, I might get more friend points.

literally only ascended him for friend points/farming even though I know he might be ignored for vlad if people really want a support berserker.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
For the most part I just go down my support list for a kaleido Lancelot. It's pretty rare I would pick anyone else unless it's the Friday daily and I'll pick up herc or vlad to kill the dragon asap

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've been bouncing back and forth between Archers and Berserkers with the Moonlight Fest CE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

literally only ascended him for friend points/farming even though I know he might be ignored for vlad if people really want a support berserker.

I think most people will pick Lancelot over Vlad most of the time? For farming a buster-based berzerker with an AoE NP beats an arts-based berzerker with a single-target NP.

Starting NP CE usually makes the biggest difference, honestly.