Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
You can also rearrange the support slot to be in the back row if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Psiwri posted:

You can also rearrange the support slot to be in the back row if you want.

Oh drat, thanks for this.

General curiosity, who would be more worth my time between d'Eon and Lily?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I got a 5* CE called Kaleidoscope, is this particularly worth keeping?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
YES. This lets one of your Servants start with 80% of their NP gauge already filled, letting you get it out there that much faster.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I kept rerolling but the game kept giving me Stheno. Then my 10 roll got me Limited/Zero over, Formal Craft and loving Artoria, fine game I'll use Stheno you got me.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Got

Tamamo Cat

Gilles de Rais, Romulus, Mephistopheles, Jing Ke

Worth keeping?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

I got a 5* CE called Kaleidoscope, is this particularly worth keeping?

kaleidoscope is better than every 5* servant in the game at launch except waver

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Heck yea, Im totally into this, even though I usually hate gachas and mobile games, just becouse of fate (and becouse I will travel a lot in next few weeks and I need something to kill time...). I just started, and everything works super smooth, even though I am filthy euro with old phone.

That being said, I have few hard hitting questions:

1) How unforgivable is the gacha? I know, It was repeatedly stated that you can clear everything with trash-tier Servant team, but I am talking about the true purpose of the game ie. waifu hunting.
When there is some limited event going on, is it humanly possible to score the Servant you want without spending $$$? Assuming you prepare for the event, of course.

2) Is there any point in MC gender outside of the way you look? Do Servants or the story react differently based on your gender? Or does the genders have different personalities?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Where's the discord?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Waver, Chevalier d'Eon, 3* Cu Chulainn. Obviously worth keeping, but is there anything I should watch out for in particular? Is Heracles still the recommended pick for your 4* if you have Waver?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

1) it's pretty much 100% rng. there's no 'if you've made bad rolls the gacha gets more generous,' it's just rolling over and over for a 1% chance.

2) there's a few lines/scenes that have variation based on gender but there's nothing major, and there's no gameplay differences or any servants who have effects that vary based on your gender.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Reiterpallasch posted:

Waver, Chevalier d'Eon, 3* Cu Chulainn. Obviously worth keeping, but is there anything I should watch out for in particular? Is Heracles still the recommended pick for your 4* if you have Waver?

Yes. Aside from Cu, who can live forever, the other two are mainly support. Getting Herc is a definite must for damage and later future sustainability.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, after my first roll was a dud, my second gave me Marie and double Liz, but the latest gave me Sieg, EMIYA, and Imaginary Around as my 4*+ things (plus like 6 other 4* craft essences). While EMIYA is probably my goal I think I'll reroll until I get him and another character I like. I will save all my accounts to transfer though, for any newbies later.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:toot: After a couple of hours of rerolling I got Jeanne (also Siegfried, ironically, who was my first 4-star in Japan too).

Vlad account, if anyone wants it:

Bind Code: 9TcehF2bEC
Password: 1111

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Wound up with Tamamo Cat/Medusa/Proto Lancer/Boudica.
I have mixed feelings.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

InfinityComplex posted:

Pair up with us for support servants, we have the discord and that google sheet that nobody uses for that reason.

Neither of these are in the OP, so I could see why.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

:toot: After a couple of hours of rerolling I got Jeanne (also Siegfried, ironically, who was my first 4-star in Japan too).

Vlad account, if anyone wants it:

Bind Code: 9TcehF2bEC
Password: 1111

Grabbed this, thanks! I may relist it depending on how things go.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

PureRok posted:

Neither of these are in the OP, so I could see why.

Blame Baal.

Vlad, Marie, 2 Projection Magecraft
t9bP3G1bGV == 1234

Hercules, Elizabeth Bathory
Reserved

Martha, Sieg, Emiya
xhAEUUjYdF == 1234

Sieg, Tamamo Cat, Emiya
74yvV4qFQW == 1234

carmilla and marie
be elegent, projection, imaginary element, and divine banquet
mzTuNmWF2m == 1234

Liz, Martha
1nm5Km9gWE == 1234

Please quote the one you're grabbing if you're using these accounts.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 20, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

InfinityComplex posted:

Sieg, Tamamo Cat, Emiya
74yvV4qFQW == 1234

want to grab this as soon as I figure out how to enter codes

e: figured it out and entered, thanks!

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 26, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

want to grab this as soon as I figure out how to enter codes

launch the app and tap 'data transfer'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

Vlad, Marie, 2 Projection Magecraft
t9bP3G1bGV == 1234
grabbed this btw

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

okay, took too many rerolls (even after saying that I wasn't gonna do it lol) but I got Elizabeth Bathory and Hercules. Quick question, are Heaven's feel and Formal Craft good CEs?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

The only servant I got was Hercules, can't be bothered rerolling.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just an fyi, servant battle dialogue actually is translated. go to the servant page and tab over to their voice clips and a box will pop up with a translation for their lines

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Putting these up for grabs, password for the first is Fatefatefate and the rest are just Fate:

Carmilla, Gem Magecraft Antumbra, Angel's Song: Rukmchr3M,
Lizx2, Marie,verdant sound of destruction, divine banquet: MKFfTZMaCm
EMIYA, Sieg, Imaginary Around: 42yqYURvTR
D'eon, Liz, Carmilla, Formalcraft: sG8kX5VKdP
D'eon, 2x imaginary element: ctE5sdBJVF

All have a bunch of other poo poo as well, I think there a couple 3* Cus, but this is after the tutorial 10 roll and the free one as well for all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Link me to these again and I'll link them in the OP, I've been busy the past while and missed some poo poo.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Link me to these again and I'll link them in the OP, I've been busy the past while and missed some poo poo.

Friend list
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SL8s8nFWAji0MEOX3UspLVrCChyLGtO-CRhMezzAKmg/edit#gid=0

Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/MKh2tQZ

Endorph's rankings on the the guaranteed tutorial 4* servants
https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147842

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

TheFlyingLlama posted:

okay, took too many rerolls (even after saying that I wasn't gonna do it lol) but I got Elizabeth Bathory and Hercules. Quick question, are Heaven's feel and Formal Craft good CEs?

Heaven's Feel is decent, Formal Craft is amazing. Maybe the best gacha CE to have for really hard content.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The last one's already in there, NONE OF YOU READ THE OP AAAAA

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I had checked repeatedly and hadn't seen it there.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Wuxi posted:

Heaven's Feel is decent, Formal Craft is amazing. Maybe the best gacha CE to have for really hard content.

Rad

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Would suck dick for anyone with Herc and EMIYA

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Haha as soon as I put Jeanne up my friend requests loving exploded.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Got Alter and Kaleidoscope out of the freebie quartz roll, this account is officially out of luck now?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

So are we actually getting to pick a 4-star down the road? Because I'd like to nab a Carmilla, but I really don't want to give up my Jeanne to reroll.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jun 26, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Alter's only a 4*, so probably not. Still a great roll, but it's not one of the insane ones I recall were occasionally posted years ago (like 3+ of the same 5* Servant in a single roll).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

deathbot posted:

Got Alter and Kaleidoscope out of the freebie quartz roll, this account is officially out of luck now?
alter is the best servant currently in the game except for waver, so actually koth is wrong and that's insanely good

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Sorry, I meant AlterA, not Alter.

This lady?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

alter is the best servant currently in the game except for waver, so actually koth is wrong and that's insanely good

...The Servant is great, the luck needed to draw her isn't because she's still only a 4*. This isn't "well I just rolled 2 copies of Jeanne and a Kaleidoscope" levels of all the luck ever needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ashsaber posted:

EMIYA, Sieg, Imaginary Around: 42yqYURvT

I claimed this one, thank you!