Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Got her after 9 tickets. Also, got Tamamo Cat and a second Carmilla, along with a bunch of nice CEs.

Nate RFB posted:

The impression I've gotten from this thread is that basically all pumpkins will have to be obtained from the party/guerilla quests. I just hope that this doesn't mean that you basically need a full team of Petite Devils to make that happen.

I've already gotten 25 pumpkins from just running through the story and 3 40AP runs. Did have 2 Little Devils, but still. You only need 170 to clear out the pumpkin shop.

Little Abigail fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice
Edit: Double post.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I never managed to get a Petit Devil and am majorly allergic to grinding and still managed to get all the pumpkins I needed, so it shouldn't be that bad.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Seems like 3 pumpkins drop from the 40AP roughly one time in two, so not awful but not great. Guerilla quests should be somewhat better.

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!
Nice just got both Tamamo's in one 10 roll.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kalion posted:

Nice just got both Tamamo's in one 10 roll.

Did five 10 rolls and didn't get Tamamo :smith: . I did get orion and the rate up CE, so I guess that's at least something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Dude on Reddit spent 1K for Tamamo and zilch.

One more for the pile of broken dreams.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
As I finish the new EoR chapter, shoutouts to extremely good boy Robin Hood for his invaluable help. God bless.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
2 free 10 rolls...

Some Formalcrafts,
The pirate ladies
4* haloween CE
A bunch of useless 4* CEs
3 black grails

Saving remaining 10 roll for when I sacrifice a goat.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Is the only way to fully ascend the Maid CE to roll on the Quartz gacha?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

Is the only way to fully ascend the Maid CE to roll on the Quartz gacha?

No, it's not in the quartz or FP gatchas at all; you have to get the other two copies from random drops in the Halloween quests. Same for the other 5* shop CE.

edit: Specifically the Maid CE can drop in the 40ap (and later 50ap) free quests and the "surprise" quests that will start appearing soonish.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Reddit and 4chan have combined their experiences to out-salt the Dead Sea.

https://imgur.com/a/vJiBQ

https://imgur.com/a/wKXyV

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Tamamo will come to me eventually just like Waver did.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I remember back in the good old days when this event came to the JP server and i got Tamamo within a handful of tickets

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Pureauthor posted:

Reddit and 4chan have combined their experiences to out-salt the Dead Sea.

https://imgur.com/a/vJiBQ

https://imgur.com/a/wKXyV

All those salt posts with less than 300 quartz spent expecting a SSR. Is this their first gatcha rodeo?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

2 multipulls and 10 tickets later:

Carmilla, Heavens Feel, Imaginary Element, and 6 of the Halloween Decorations one, whatever it's called. (Mash making decorations)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well I didn't get a single new servant which is a bummer, but as I actually start the event i see I get to take Mash on a nice Halloween date so that's something I guess.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Is it better to grind for the materials with using all of the same CE or mix and match?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

a kitten posted:

Well I didn't get a single new servant which is a bummer, but as I actually start the event i see I get to take Mash on a nice Halloween date so that's something I guess.

a kitten posted:

I get to take Mash on a nice Halloween date

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
120 quartz
Halloween princess CE
Kaleidascope CE
4* CEs at least farming is going to be easy

Not bad overall now I have 2 Kscopes.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

scaterry posted:

Is it better to grind for the materials with using all of the same CE or mix and match?

It's hard to say without knowing the full drop rates, but on any quest that can drop pumpkins you should probably use as many Petit Devils as you can. Party quests only drop Bats so naturally you should go all in on those as well.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

What's the best way to go about this?
I've done all the currently available quests, so all I have are the stages where you re-fight the boss servants.

Should I just be farming Tamamo's stage? Or is it more efficient to farm a lower AP cost one?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this event is so confusing. I have no idea which ce goes with which stage.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

40AP - Pumpkins, mostly. Can drop other stuff.
30AP - Bats. But also the Halloween Princess CE you need to LB it. (You want this. It's one of the best CEs for a very long time when LBd.)
20AP - Candles.
10AP - Cupcakes. Alternatively farm Pumpkins and trade down.

Party Quests: Bats.
Guerilla Quest: Pumpkins

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Relationship status: it's complicated

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I've been told to follow this advice from reddit

quote:

If you plan to empty the shop, or get close, it would make sense to do the following:

1. Start with farming pumpkins, then buy all the Maid in Halloween, which boosts bats.
2. Farm bats, then buy all the Halloween Princess, which boosts candles.
3. Farm candles, then buy all the Trick or Treat, which boosts cupcakes.
4. Now you have the boosts to farm whatever items you need. Pumpkins are only boosted by the gacha CE Little Halloween Devil.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is CE Halloween Devil only in the quartz banner

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

is CE Halloween Devil only in the quartz banner

Yup. 5* CE, gacha only.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Vengarr posted:

I solemnly swear that when I ten-roll and get jack poo poo, I will post it here to dissuade others from following in my footsteps

:siren: WARNING: OVER 900 SPOOKY :siren:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Vengarr posted:

Jesus.

If I wasn't sitting down I probably would have dropped to the floor from seeing that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Also in terms of event drops, the "party" quests only drop cookies, visitor/guerrilla quests can drop everything (besides candles on some of them).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm seeing like thousands of dollars lost over not even a 5 star servent. Yeesh.

And here I am, still annoyed that I can't get a 3 star Cu lancer.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
A tale of 360 quartz

rate up is a lie :argh:

rate up is a lie :confuoot:

:neckbeard:

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Vengarr posted:

I've seen one that literally have half the rolls be Darius, ....along with Sakura Imaginary Around and Medusa right next to them. So that almost coincident with Heaven's Feel movie release.

EDIT: Oh wait its that one already linked in this thread:

Randomzx fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 17, 2017

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vengarr posted:

No! Too scary! Make it stop!

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I did a single 10roll and got like 5 Halloween Arrangements and a Tamamo Cat. Guess I won't be hurting for bats this event.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

20 tickets. :3:

Also got some CE's and a Euryale.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I think it's time to spend some money for Tamamo. I'll post about my regrets in a bit.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Don’t know what I woulda done with all these mats and exp cards if I didn’t get her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Two 10-rolls and two tickets got me no Tamamo, but did get a few of the event CEs (Little Halloween Devil and Jack O'Lantern) and what looks like a decent regular CE (Divine Banquet). Also a few Robin Hoods and a Medea. Will have one more free 10-roll in a bit, probably, then decide what to do from there.

So, newbie questions time. Do I just need to have the event CEs equipped on any primary or secondary team member to get the drop boost, even if those members don't always actively participate in any given fight? Also, I'm just going through the story levels so far, and see a few areas w/ no quests. Is that where guerrilla quests will show up? And when people say farming, is there a specific fight that's preferred for each type of item, or is it just any fight that's at a specific AP cost?