Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wish Caesar had better art he seems like a cool guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

caesar has the best art

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gaius Marius posted:

I wish Caesar had better art he seems like a cool guy.

Fat Saber best Saber.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

But why does he wear a tie?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tae posted:

Is there any shorter way to ascend hercules other than waiting for the speific daily?
This is my current hell. Need just a few pieces to ascend Herc and George before I try the 40AP, but it looks like all of it will have to wait until either I get lucky in the story or it shows up in a daily.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

cpaf posted:

Please do not give up on gangster sephiroth

oh great, now I want him in my team.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

This is my current hell. Need just a few pieces to ascend Herc and George before I try the 40AP, but it looks like all of it will have to wait until either I get lucky in the story or it shows up in a daily.

You should get enough Berserker pieces for his first ascension by mid-Orleans, and if not you can grind the free mission in Thiers for them. Unless you mean his second Ascension, in which case he's level 50 already and you really shouldn't be having any trouble with the 40AP daily.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

My hell is that I want to keep playing but I keep running out of AP.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Having Martha, is gunning for Tamamo Cat better than Herc?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Go for herk.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm getting Emiya from the free 4-Star giveaway, for the events and the theme music. Herk is good and all, but I already got Asterios, I don't need another Berserker.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I have Emiya and herc so I dunno who to get. Might just get Carmilla because I think she's cool.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The reason Herc is generally considered great is how surviveable he is for a Berserker. He has an evade, a Guts skill, and his bond CE also gives him 3 more uses of Guts for free. So he can stay swinging after most Berserkers would be down for the count. His three turn attack boost is just icing on the cake.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm getting Emiya from the free 4-Star giveaway, for the events and the theme music. Herk is good and all, but I already got Asterios, I don't need another Berserker.

You always need more Berserkers. It's impossible to have enough of them

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I really like my team of Murdercat and Martha, but after using various other servants as supports I'm developing a bad case of the "I want that one too!!"s.

e: I ain't paying for poo poo tho

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Nate RFB posted:

There are enough Berserkers in Orleans that you'll get all the pieces you need if you continue the story. And 2 level 40 characters way outlevel the content of Orleans.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Running Vlad I'm debating Carmilla for Car/Cuchu quick team or Martha for a support. Emiya seems like it could be useful too. Tough choice.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

The reason Herc is generally considered great is how surviveable he is for a Berserker. He has an evade, a Guts skill, and his bond CE also gives him 3 more uses of Guts for free. So he can stay swinging after most Berserkers would be down for the count. His three turn attack boost is just icing on the cake.

It's worth noting that the thing making him REALLY ridiculous is the way guts works. If he's the last servant standing, and activates guts by hitting 0 hp, that'll end the enemy's turn since everyone on your team is technically dead. So when he's the last man standing, he can get like 5 free turns of buster brave chains. And with his great ATK stat, those hurt.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Not sure what free servant to pick. I got Waver, Hercules and Martha as my gold ones. Maybe another Hercules to upgrade his NP? I dunno if I care about Archer enough to pick him, but I guess Carmilla might be good to snag a decent Assassin. Is Tamamo Cat even worth getting instead of a second Hercules?

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 1, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Freak Futanari posted:

It's worth noting that the thing making him REALLY ridiculous is the way guts works. If he's the last servant standing, and activates guts by hitting 0 hp, that'll end the enemy's turn since everyone on your team is technically dead. So when he's the last man standing, he can get like 5 free turns of buster brave chains. And with his great ATK stat, those hurt.

There's also a somewhat infamous video of a solo Heracles beating the Act 1 final boss in a straight-up damage race.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What would you recommend for the 4 star with emiya and herc already owned?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
D'eon taunt seems legit for just leaving herc free turns to mow the lawn

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Apparently the shop items (Summon Tickets et al) will be refreshing every month, not yearly as the timer implies.

:siren: poo poo, that's tomorrow! :krakken: :siren:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So I guess start burning all my 3-4 exp cards for mana prisms?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I've spent so much ap on that Thiers free quest and these fangs still barely drop. :negative:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I've spent so much ap on that Thiers free quest and these fangs still barely drop. :negative:

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tae posted:

So I guess start burning all my 3-4 exp cards for mana prisms?

3s yes, 4s no. 4s give the same # of prisms as 3s despite putting out vastly more XP.

Also consider mulching some of the shittier 3* CEs.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I wonder if the NA Orion event will be improved like the rerun was in JP, or if it will be the original, unaltered event

Because i still remember farming my way through 5 AP hell

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm jealous as hell of your Saber Alter though.
Fangs and bones suck to farm for sure.

I need 1 more zerker monument to ascend :| Won't freaking drop. Is there any place that gives a higher drop rate early on?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Doesn't the story quests evntually give you 5 Zerker pieces?

Zerker drops during the Orleans story. Can someone verify?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Someone did a drop-rate excel sheet over on reddit:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESPZza5wuy4BY-SXIZJUQPIiVuAi4dcdOpvNgv3II2k/edit#gid=0

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks a lot for that spreadsheet!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EzEight posted:

Doesn't the story quests evntually give you 5 Zerker pieces?

Zerker drops during the Orleans story. Can someone verify?
yeah vlad drops some zerker pieces when you clobber him

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Sophism posted:

Not sure what free servant to pick. I got Waver, Hercules and Martha as my gold ones. Maybe another Hercules to upgrade his NP? I dunno if I care about Archer enough to pick him, but I guess Carmilla might be good to snag a decent Assassin. Is Tamamo Cat even worth getting instead of a second Hercules?

Tamacat is good for farming with her AoE zerker NP.

Between Waver and Martha you have a ton of survivability and Artes. Emiya would round out the Artes train, but Camilla would be a good fit too, feeding crit stars to the team while NPing bosses. D'eon would make the team even more tanky.

Vengarr posted:

Apparently the shop items (Summon Tickets et al) will be refreshing every month, not yearly as the timer implies.

:siren: poo poo, that's tomorrow! :krakken: :siren:

Welp time to burn things. Glad I've been buying tickets!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Apparently I had like way more than enough 3 star exp to burn. So basically, every month even if you're completely depleted will give at least 5 summons if you just do your EXP dailies.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tae posted:

What would you recommend for the 4 star with emiya and herc already owned?

I'd honestly say Carmilla. She does extra damage against female enemies with her NP (which most bosses are) and brings some useful utility to the table with her def down, NP drain, and star gen/crit down skill. Her attack's kind of poo, but that's true of most assassins.

An alternate option would be Elizabeth Bathory, simply because we won't get any other 4 or even 5 star Lancers for quite a while, and she also brings some pretty nice utility to the table (at least, once you shovel her through her enhancement quest). She has the same def down ability as Carmilla, but also has a team attack buff that, once she upgrades it, also double buffs your female party members. The Guts on her is a little less useful, but hey, surviveability is never flat out -bad- to have. Her NP, sadly, is pretty crappy.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Woah, scary. I tried starting up my game and got diverted to my email with a big string of numbers for an error code to send to the devs. Restarted my phone and the game works again, but I think I better generate my transfer code before another spook.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Never not have a transfer code. The version of the game we got has most of the nasty bugs fixed, but you never know when it will eat your loving account and you'll have to reinstall. I am incredibly paranoid about keeping mine updated and change it on a weekly basis.

That reminds me. Make sure you buy at least one quartz; that way if there's a horrible fuckup, you can use the purchase info to help recover your account if for some reason your bind code goes horribly wrong.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Between a level 50 Attila , and a 38 Lu Bu I can do 30 AP dailies just fine, and now I have a level 38 Liz for bullying Archers as well, so that's going well. But in order to power level Attila I need Saber exp, and my Archer stable is currently Robin Hood and Arash, that's it. For horsemen I have a good Marie (31), Cursed Arm and Koujiro (34 and 30, respectively), but my Casters consist of just CasCu, Shakes and Motzart, so they haven't gotten any real attention.

I think I could take on the 40 AP Lancer stuff right now, but the Saber one is still probably going to be a bit difficult. Robin is good and all, but not quite carry on his own strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Find someone with an ascended Jeanne and spam them with friend requests. Jeanne makes it a breeze so long as you have enough damage output/don't get too unlucky.