Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

scaterry posted:

finally my ushikamaru has better clothes

Oh, you mean she's now actually wearing them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Third Ascension on Altera. No regrets.

Gong to focus on getting materials first, then Crystalized lore later. They may be rare as gently caress, but I'm not going to actually need even one for loving ages.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Ashsaber posted:

Gong to focus on getting materials first, then Crystalized lore later. They may be rare as gently caress, but I'm not going to actually need even one for loving ages.

Noooooo. They are rare as gently caress in that they are literally event-only items. Every lore you miss out on is one less skill you can't boost to level 10 later on.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
I will continue to boost my Cu because 9/10 he is the last man standing who then Gae Bolg's whatever else is still standing,thus him being my only 3 ascended is justified.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Ashsaber posted:

Same. I'm using Altera's NP to clear out the last wave of everything. My ideal support servant is a high level Altria or Altera with Kaleidoscope to just double nuke the last wave of the 30 AP quest in 1 turn. But everyone on my friends list keeps giving their good CEs to Berserkers, Jeanne, Waver, and Gilgamesh. Those guys are all trash and take more than 1 round to kill stuff. Give some love to your AOE Buster Sabers.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Noooooo. They are rare as gently caress in that they are literally event-only items. Every lore you miss out on is one less skill you can't boost to level 10 later on.

Well, no, since there will always be more Lores added in new events. So the question is whether a player's getting skills to 9 faster or slower than the game's giving out Lores, and that'll depend on how dedicated they are.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Since nothing in this event banner is limited to just this, I am just going to use tickets.

11 tickets later...

Lu Bei, okay.
Kaleidoscope, OKAY!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Altera is the best and I'm glad I chose based on my interests and not the OP saying she sucked. :black101: The last wave is just a :killdozer: of NP spam from Altera, Liz and whatever useful support I have available.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Tsurupettan posted:

Altera is the best and I'm glad I chose based on my interests and not the OP saying she sucked. :black101: The last wave is just a :killdozer: of NP spam from Altera, Liz and whatever useful support I have available.

Altera is pretty cool. Too bad her art wasn't updated to the Extella look in higher def.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So how much of a pain is the final wave going to be in the Finals because that looks fairly rough. Guess it's a good a time as any to use command spells if needed.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

So how much of a pain is the final wave going to be in the Finals because that looks fairly rough. Guess it's a good a time as any to use command spells if needed.

The 3/3 of the last block for Nerofest? It was pretty simple with Vlad/Martha/support 98 Alter.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Just borrow my Arash Bomb. Thanks to Nerofest, he can now explode twice!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

NRVNQSR posted:

Well, no, since there will always be more Lores added in new events. So the question is whether a player's getting skills to 9 faster or slower than the game's giving out Lores, and that'll depend on how dedicated they are.

Pretty much this. I'm more interested in getting people ascended first so I have more options. Lores are for when I want to spend like a hundred million and many hours getting materials for a single skill. Sure, for some skills it may be worth it just to have that cooldown reduced, but I'm not liable to be wanting them for such a long time that its more or less a non-issue.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

The 3/3 of the last block for Nerofest? It was pretty simple with Vlad/Martha/support 98 Alter.
I mean the 40AP that shows up in the finals. It's a string of like seven level 50 servants with a 60 Nero at the end.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tsurupettan posted:

The OP Servant analysis is based on the Japanese game which is two years ahead and full of powercreep.

Altera is head-and-shoulders the best Saber currently in the game and the only two arguably better than her are both in limited rateups.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Altera is pretty cool. Too bad her art wasn't updated to the Extella look in higher def.

She does get a sprite update later but the card art's from the original artist. Extella/Extraverse stuff is all unified under a single artist.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
She already has her sprite/animation update in NA. The original looked like this:

You can tell she's an alien because her hand is fused with the swords' guard instead of holding it by the grip. What a product this poo poo was at release.

Now she's like this:

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 25, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
^ Oh well that's good then, it's mostly the art sprite that remains weird then.

Also to those of you who get servants from the gacha, do you usually sacrifice a goat to a particular diety? Since Vlad/Martha/Stholeh starting off, I've only ever rolled 4*+ CEs with Summon or quartz rolls

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Nate RFB posted:

I mean the 40AP that shows up in the finals. It's a string of like seven level 50 servants with a 60 Nero at the end.

I'm hoping my level 80 Vlad and a friend's level 80 Waver will let me power through it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
ok i got a nero hooray only took a 10 pull

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Any advice on which free Spiritron Portrait is best?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Is there any difference between the CE you buy with silver medals and the one you buy with gold?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I wish you could customize aspects of the sprite changes.. Like, I wish I could have Altria in armor, but with the invisible sword like she always has in the anime.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

rio posted:

Any advice on which free Spiritron Portrait is best?

Mechanically they're all identical and pointless, the only difference is the art. So Tamamo's is the best.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Vengarr posted:

She already has her sprite/animation update in NA. The original looked like this:

You can tell she's an alien because her hand is fused with the swords' guard instead of holding it by the grip. What a product this poo poo was at release.

Now she's like this:

In payment for fixing her hand her spine had to be broken.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Is Atlantae worth using over Robin Hood? I pulled thrice from Nerofest, got her, and was wondering if I should invest in her. Also I'm pretty sure I have bizzaro-luck because 2 of those 3 pulls had a Kaleidoscope AND a Limited Zero/Over. I just wanted Nero...or Cu...

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

It depends on what you want your Archer to do. Robin Hood is good for directly nuking because Yew Bow can be pushed to ludicrous amounts of damage, while Atalante is more of a support one, eventually gaining access to a skill with an absolutely massive Quick card boost. For generic turn-by-turn damage Atalante will be better, as her attack is decently higher even when both are utterly maxed out. Both gain an evasion skill eventually, so they both have at least some sustain.

Ergo, Robin works well as an Arts-based team nuker, while Atalante is a Quick-based team supporter.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Good to know. I've got Servants that work well with both so I guess it's down to personal preference.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

The rate up Servants aren't any I particularly care about, but at the same time I didn't really feel like just letting it go by, so I decided to use 3 tickets on it.

1st ticket- Cu Chulainn (Stay Night version); already have him at NP5, so this is just mana prisms.

2nd ticket- Heaven's Feel; this is actually the second one I've gotten, so if I ever start using Servants that don't rely on Kaleidoscope to get to the NP, then I'll be able to make them hurt a lot more.

3rd ticket- It was a gold Saber card, so I thought I'd lucked out and gotten Nero. Nope; Artoria. I will gladly take that.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I have an NP3 Artoria. Life is suffering.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

How long till I can ascend Gil?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Virtue posted:

How long till I can ascend Gil?

If you're looking for Snake Eyes and Reverse Scales, those don't show up until the last third of the event. So Monday at the earliest.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

XainZero posted:

Also I'm pretty sure I have bizzaro-luck because 2 of those 3 pulls had a Kaleidoscope AND a Limited Zero/Over.

Kaleidoscope has a rate up in the Nerofest banner, and 5* craft essences have a 4% chance of being pulled. So some luck, but mostly game mechanics.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Does this event ever spit out octuplet crystals? That's the only thing holding me back from being able to ascend Hercules twice

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I now have the materials to awaken Cu again, but I don't know if he is worth using these golden materials on.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

DrManiac posted:

Does this event ever spit out octuplet crystals? That's the only thing holding me back from being able to ascend Hercules twice

The 30 AP quest in the next segment drops 5 as a completion reward and is farmable for the last one.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

BlazeEmblem posted:

Kaleidoscope has a rate up in the Nerofest banner

I'm pretty sure it doesn't, actually? There's a picture of it on the banner, sure, but the summon info says that only the servants are actually on rate up.

DrManiac posted:

The highest difficulty of the Friday/Saturday/Sunday quests will. 5 come as a reward for completing it but you'll have to farm it for the 6th.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

XainZero posted:

Also I'm pretty sure I have bizzaro-luck because 2 of those 3 pulls had a Kaleidoscope AND a Limited Zero/Over.

Yeah, I got those in my pulls today, which was pretty much the golden lining of the whole sad mega-pull other than getting Robin Hood.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I now have the materials to awaken Cu again, but I don't know if he is worth using these golden materials on.

From what I've heard, he totally is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Eventually yes, but unless you can max ascend him right now it's probably not urgent? His important 2nd skill came at 1st ascension, his 3rd skill is pretty minor, and his growth curve is reverse S so he doesn't gain many stat points between levels 40 and 60.

Also if you ascend him to 3rd he puts his shirt back on again so it seems like a terrible idea all round.