Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Nasu: Am I out of touch?

No. No it is the audience that are wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I mean, tbf the people who attempt translating his Crazy Lore Talk are sometimes wrong if the mess of the Type Moon wiki is any indication

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

Nasu: Am I out of touch?

No. No it is the audience that are wrong.

Extraverse humanity is in the middle of dying off. The whole war is about which philosophy will regenerate humanity.

Hakunon’s take ends up being humanity can save itself, which is the real overarching theme Nasu keeps coming back to IMO.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
I freed up several friend slots by removing some inactive people. 9 in total.

please be my friend

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
WE'RE ALL SONS OF THE PATRIOTS ANCESTORS OF THE DEAD APOSTLES NOW!

e: Armstrong servant when

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Doing all these story quests has gotten me a lot of quartz. I'll have enough for several 10-pulls during the CCC event (not really interested in Kiara, but Melt would be cool, and she's another one I never got in JP).

By the way, have any of you heard of the arcade version that's in Japan? It sounds super goofy; apparently it has a gacha that prints you actual physical cards, but it's also ludicrously expensive and unlike the mobile version there's no way to play without spending much money.

edit: Do they ever explain what was up with Ozymandias's head falling off near the beginning of the Camelot arc? I'm doing the final fight against him/Nitocris now (my party includes two Ozymandias's against his Ozymandias, lol).

vvv Ahh, the story actually just explained that.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 19, 2019

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If I remember correctly, while he is in his temple, Ozy is invincible, so even though King Hassan killed him, he got over it.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

By the way, have any of you heard of the arcade version that's in Japan? It sounds super goofy; apparently it has a gacha that prints you actual physical cards, but it's also ludicrously expensive and unlike the mobile version there's no way to play without spending much money.

FGO Arcade looks nice in that it's full 3D, but the animations do sometimes look a little awkward due to them having to translate 2D poses into a moving 3D character, like they feel the need to add somewhat awkward movements to everything. Similar adaptations like Kan Colle arcade did the same thing.

Also yeah, it reportedly eats even more money than the phone game.

No idea how it actually plays, though. The mechanics are totally different and I couldn't figure out how the controls were by peeking over someone's shoulder in a crowded arcade.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Doing all these story quests has gotten me a lot of quartz. I'll have enough for several 10-pulls during the CCC event (not really interested in Kiara, but Melt would be cool, and she's another one I never got in JP).

edit: Do they ever explain what was up with Ozymandias's head falling off near the beginning of the Camelot arc? I'm doing the final fight against him/Nitocris now (my party includes two Ozymandias's against his Ozymandias, lol).

vvv Ahh, the story actually just explained that.

The arcade game, from what I've heard from a friend who is a MASSIVE T-M fan (she owns physical copies of tsukihime and fsn, even!) is... Not great.

The gacha is even worse than the terrible and exploitative one FGO has (god I hate it, ugh. :negative:). You can use it after a mission, but it costs 100 yen to pull (and it costs 300 yen to start playing). You can only pull after a mission and you can do... Four or five? a play, so that's basically 700/800 yen for 4 draws. With FGO rates.

You can also get Saint Quartz beads (or something like that), and when you have enough you're eligible for a 10x grand summon. It takes about 5 playthroughs to get that many, so that's about 1500 yen to do one.

And did you read that as "you can grand summon?" lol no. You're eligible to. Meaning, you have the privilege of spending another 1000 yen for that 10x pull. There's also a cap on Quartz beads, so you can't even hoard those to wait for a banner you want.

No FP gacha equivalent either, obviously.

No friends list either, I think? She talked about borrowing people's cards (the actual, physical cards. I, uh, wouldn't want to lend my 5* cards to a stranger...), but you have to level them yourself. You also can't ascend them (iirc).

The gameplay is very simple. Apparently regular enemies are more or less just 'smash whatever attacks', with bosses and PvP being that but evade/guarding (and using the touchscreen for skills). The NP animations are fantastic, but... You can be attacked during them. No skipping the animations, obviously.

No story either, just short conversations, basically.

It's okay, at best, but the only really good thing is that you get the physical cards (which is admittedly really cool).

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 19, 2019

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Heeeeey, a big ol' "gently caress loving you you fun-hating loving gently caress" to whoever on the dev team thought it was a good gameplay idea to shuffle my team before going into these later Babylon quests because RNGing my team loadout is a bullshit way to increase difficulty.

Tell me they never do that again please.

Edit: spoiler'd the ffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFUN gameplay mechanic form the end of Babylonia

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 19, 2019

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Yeah, Earthquake + Chaos Tide and Lahmus is great, isn't it? :allears:

That said, while this is old content, there are people posting their progress as they go so it might be good to spoil that. :shrug:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think Babylon's the only time they did that. Post Solomon challenge gimmicks mostly revolve around bosses who get huge bonuses and the like after their break bars.

Doesn't mean they won't randomly screw you over if you aren't playing with a walkthrough in your browser window. Breaking a bar only for a boss to suddenly get full charge and unleash an AoE NP that wipes your frontline is not that rare a gimmick, sadly.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Yeah, but at least that's not RNG-dependent. Enemy RNG is annoying, but inflicting RNG on the player is my number bloody one most annoying thing in a game, any game.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lancelot: Then I am counting on you. Women from the Far East certainly are brave and...charming.

Lancelot hitting on Sanzang right before this battle starts lol

edit: King Hassan showing up and being like "Do you see the sun?" to Gawain was pretty great

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 19, 2019

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Aaaaaaand, the final scrap of my AP got wasted on this level when the last Ushi with 600 HP left activated the Evade skill thus allowing her and the Chaos Tide to take out aaaaaall three of my remaining servants on the next turn.

I think I'm going to put my phone down for a while and do something infinitely less infuriating like wiping my arse with leaves from a Gympie-gympie tree.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Yeah, the multiple Ushis fights can get pretty rough. On the bright side, they're probably the most difficult thing in Babylon.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Roger Explosion posted:

Enemy RNG is annoying, but inflicting RNG on the player is my number bloody one most annoying thing in a game, any game.

Just a heads up, you may not enjoy the farming in the CCC event.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

NRVNQSR posted:

Just a heads up, you may not enjoy the farming in the CCC event.
Okay, why?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

CCC event gameplay spoilers:

BB introduces the BB Slots. At the start of every battle she spins a roulette and inflicts a random status on you.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Pureauthor posted:

CCC event gameplay spoilers:

BB introduces the BB Slots. At the start of every battle she spins a roulette and inflicts a random status on you.
Meh. It can also give you just as much of a chance as buffing you nor does it gently caress with one of the core mechanics of the game.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

The BB slots for story segments & one time fights are fixed, you always get the same results.
The slots for free quests frequently don't matter, are sometimes beneficial, and can be removed with debuff cleanse if they are relevant and negative.

It's really not a big deal.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

you're not supposed to just be able to steamroll the game despite what the first five singularities might teach you. focus on team building strategies to circumvent problems, and yes you can circumvent your units being swapped

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ytlaya posted:

edit: King Hassan showing up and being like "Do you see the sun?" to Gawain was pretty great

My favorite moment with him is still when he shows up during the Tiamat fight:

Hassan: "Dost thou wish mine aid?"

MC:
- I would be honored, yes please.
- OH HELL YES!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
rng in one off story maps is fine

Rng in farming is dumb as poo poo

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Edwhirl posted:

I freed up several friend slots by removing some inactive people. 9 in total.

please be my friend

Sent as Fujiri

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Aurora posted:

you're not supposed to just be able to steamroll the game despite what the first five singularities might teach you. focus on team building strategies to circumvent problems, and yes you can circumvent your units being swapped
I was a very "first five singularity" solution though. I circumvented it by putting on the plug suit and using a command spell, a switch and a stun to make sure I could fire off x2 friend Jalter NPs in a row to stop the third spawn. Not much of a "team building strat." What you're describing is exactly that reason why I heavily disliked those fights. Up until that point, I had gotten into the habit of switching around servants and craft essences and not just using my usual Jalter+Waver crutch.

the_steve posted:

My favorite moment with him is still when he shows up during the Tiamat fight:

Hassan: "Dost thou wish mine aid?"

MC:
- I would be honored, yes please.
- OH HELL YES!

Just got to that and verbally gently caress Yeah'd myself. Also, Tiamat and her mooks are quite the loving thing. Even with these bonuses, it's still pretty hard. I'm basically stalling, healing and defense buffing. Mash and Waver are putting in some serious work here.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think if you burn seals on story fights then yeah the game is still perfectly friendly to being steamrolled tbh. but doing so comes with the fact that you're using the game resources in a way that can completely circumvents a lot of the mechanics in the fights.

i honestly never had to figure out the tide timing, and can certainly level a complaint at the sheer amount of samey end chapter fights, but the quakes were interesting and enabled some really stupid poo poo for me. like gradually having my team whittled down until mash was left and had to solo the remainder of a boss fight. of course i had the convenience of servants i leveled for 6 months and no CCC time limit, so it's an experience from a totally different context.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
The joy of getting that story servant in the fight was ruined by the complete slog that fight was

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Aurora posted:

This is dumb. Unless you're reading up on every fight before you go in, you don't know this poo poo is coming and you absolutely should not feel like you have to do that.

Incidentally, the last fights of Solomon made sure I always do that.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Roger Explosion posted:

Just got to that and verbally gently caress Yeah'd myself. Also, Tiamat and her mooks are quite the loving thing. Even with these bonuses, it's still pretty hard. I'm basically stalling, healing and defense buffing. Mash and Waver are putting in some serious work here.

If you have Maid In Halloween or any other HP Recovery buff CE, it also boosts the regen buff you get. I ran that on Summer Artoria and she was drat near immortal.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

This is dumb. Unless you're reading up on every fight before you go in, you don't know this poo poo is coming and you absolutely should not feel like you have to do that.

is doing that bad? a lot of rpgs will require you to struggle against and maybe lose to unforeseen mechanics that the game doesn't surface outside of making you fight against them.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Incidentally, the last fights of Solomon made sure I always do that.

It's fun learning to deal with what a new encounter throws your way though. You learn, adapt, come back and finally conquer the challenge. I went through all of Camelot, Babylonia and Solomon without looking up what the fights' gimmicks were, and had a blast figuring things out, even if it meant going back to the drawing board a couple of times.

That said, it's understandable that not everyone has the patience for regular video game loops in their Skinner Box gacha game, and like most mobage, FGO does gobble up your AP every new attempt, so I could see it getting aggravating if you're stuck on a specific challenge node.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
~25 rolls and I have NP2 Okitan.

I swear BB was keeping away the sakfaces I wanted to roll for. :tinfoil:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

dogsicle posted:

is doing that bad? a lot of rpgs will require you to struggle against and maybe lose to unforeseen mechanics that the game doesn't surface outside of making you fight against them.

It's not something I like in games where questing or w/e is tied to a finite resource (AP, even if I do have functionally infinite apples) and which encourages you to potentially spend a paid resource to recover from a loss.

Like I've been genuinely tempted to recover with quartz on some of my blind runs just to justify the scratching and clawing I did to recover from a mechanic only to bite it when I just needed one more turn.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 19, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Doing what I assume is the final fight against Gawain.

"Gains resistance to every attack (with 481k HP) and increase Charge by 2 each turn"

lol pretty sure I'm not gonna beat this one without using at least one full revive. The charge up would be bad enough on its own for someone with an AoE NP like him, but the resistance to every attack is ludicrous.

edit: Ah, the resistance doesn't mean everything is weak against him; it just lowers damage. That's good.

edit2: This one Archer Arturia on my friend list with maxed out skills has been really useful for fights like this

vvv What is that?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 19, 2019

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
He still has a key weakness, though.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Agitate the hell out of this snek.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Cuntellectual posted:

He still has a key weakness, though.

For the record: he has a sword, he has another sword and he's vulnerable to charm.

2.4 million effective HP combined with double charge gain (plus a self charge IIRC) is still bullshit, even if Euryale dunks on him.
E: hold on, how big was his damage reduction % again?

For comparison, final boss is 1.5 mil HP in a situation where everyone is getting a sensible damage buff and the gimmick is a single free NP buffed into the stratosphere.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ His damage reduction wasn't too insane. I want to say it cut damage in half? Euryale's NP (which is NP5 for me) was doing like ~30-35k.

Yeah, Euryale was okay when she came out, but it wasn't enough (she could only survive one of his NPs). I got him to 40k hp before dying just now. There's a chance I could win if I reorganized my party some (namely through putting the friend Archer Arturia in my last slot so she can do a ton of damage near the end of the fight), but gently caress it, I'll just do the revive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What sort of supports are you putting up along with Euryale? As well, what are her levels/NP#/skills at? The ideal is Eur with Tamamo and Waver but even one of those two as a support should make her cheese him easily enough.