Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Or Euryale. Really, neutral damage is more of a suggestion when she's facing a male servant in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

OnimaruXLR posted:

When exactly does BB become available in the quest? I've got all these embers I'm sitting on and it's taking a lot of willpower not to sink them into Melt.

Not until the main story has ended, basically. And you'll want to save about 130 of those embers because you'll need to get her to her third ascension.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Trying to figure out where to budget my SQ rolls at the moment, when abouts are we expecting Penthesilea to show up on NA? July-ish?

I got both Suzuka and Lip in a single 10x pull and I like them both enough I kind of want NP2 for either of them. But I've got a big stack of SQ budgeted for rolling Summer Nito to NP2 (hopefully), and hopefully at least one Penny (IIRC that 4* selector later this year has her so I can hopefully get her to NP2 that way).

Meanwhile my wife rolled once for Suzuka, and then got really mad because she got 5* Altria instead :v:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Penth and Suzuka are both on the pick ticket later this year so you could really go either way. Penth should be here in June though, around anniversary.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Oh nice, I didn't see that Suzuka was on that selector as well. Whoever else shows up on the banner with Penny would be the deciding factor for me then, but my wife will be happy to know she can just grab her as well. No requirements for the selector right?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, you can get whomever you want with the ticket except limited 4*

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Can Shiki kill Tiamat without Grand Assassin's help though?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
What kind of company keeps an assassin on the payroll? It would be like finding out Walmart owns an entire ninja clan.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Shiki can kill Servants but she can't fight Servants.

At least not without being one herself.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Ah, nevermind, I forgot Seraphix is part mage association and part legitimate business, so this is another case of "Wizards: No Sense of Right or Wrong"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gologle posted:

Ah, nevermind, I forgot Seraphix is part mage association and part legitimate business, so this is another case of "Wizards: No Sense of Right or Wrong"

I'm sure it's a matter of "if we DIDN'T have an assassin on the payroll we'd look really silly to the other mage associations, wouldn't we?"

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

Gologle posted:

What kind of company keeps an assassin on the payroll? It would be like finding out Walmart owns an entire ninja clan.

Settlements for lawsuits commonly include clauses that prevent you from discussing terms of the settlement. Turns out it's a whole lot cheaper to settle out of court when you have employees that specialize in mysterious disappearances to encourage rapid resolutions to potentially protracted legal battles, and then you can slip in a gag clause to keep anyone from discussing any "theoretical" statistics you may have let slip.

"Did you know that 98% of people who win punitive judgement for over $1m against clients like mine typically end up bankrupt or dead within five years? Crazy statistics, huh? No, those glowing blue flames are nothing to worry about, would you like my professional assistant to fetch you some coffee before we start talking figures?"

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Tired Moritz posted:

Can Shiki kill Tiamat without Grand Assassin's help though?

Tiamat had no concept of death to exploit until first Hassan cut off her wing. So lore-wise, no.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Bakanogami posted:

Not until the main story has ended, basically. And you'll want to save about 130 of those embers because you'll need to get her to her third ascension.

I have a very careful plan to give B.B. 100 shop silver embers, 50 shop gold embers, and 50 monthly shop gold embers. This left me with 50 shop embers I could spend on melt yesterday.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The Tickle Tickle Hand, huh.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

This event is kinda cool, except for the fact that BB and Meltryllis both suck.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You suck

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Humans never learn.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Mods!?!?!??!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

*bb, threatening to kill me for the fortieth time* lmao i fuckin love this character

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

dogsicle posted:

*bb, threatening to kill me for the fortieth time* lmao i fuckin love this character

Yeah she’s good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

btw that post is 100% genuine

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

dogsicle posted:

:emptyquote:

Honestly most of the cast members have tried to kill Guda so she doesn't hold it against them.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

bb is a loving monster but she's fairly entertaining.

Melt rules.

Passionlip is horrible and in bottom 3 Fate designs of all time.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

RevolverDivider posted:

bb is a loving monster but she's fairly entertaining.

Melt rules.

Passionlip is horrible and in bottom 3 Fate designs of all time.

Passionlip's design is actually extremely good and fits perfectly in the context of her character and CCC.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
It's convenient to have them plotting to kill you, because even if you don't know the exact means of execution, you at least understand what their ultimate end game is and can plan around it avoiding it, sometimes with an unlikely assist from a lucky break or two.

It's when they've got goals in mind other than killing you that you need to start worrying.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Gudako feeds off of your murderous intent, becoming stronger every day

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like FGO Lip's design a lot.

Also a lot of the tenor and tone of BB reminds me of some of the madcap Beato antics from Umineko and that is extremely good civ IMO.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
"everyone is untrustworthy and potentially evil, especially the ones claiming to be your friend, so trust no one" was Shinjuku's whole schtick too, so it doesn't really have quite as much narrative oomph as it's probably intended to

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Main Paineframe posted:

"everyone is untrustworthy and potentially evil, especially the ones claiming to be your friend, so trust no one" was Shinjuku's whole schtick too, so it doesn't really have quite as much narrative oomph as it's probably intended to

I mean, then it's Gudako becoming real friends with the evil people that saves the day in the end.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I feel like SO many servants have had Meltryllis' personality, it's just a bit boring at this point. All the talk about wanting to betray or kill you is just eye-rolling.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

Yeah, I just imagine the protagonist rolling their eyes at the eviler-than-thou acts of everyone around them after they've just spent the last few weeks paling around with Shinjuku Archer.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Lip's design makes me embarassed to be seen playing this game in public or any kind of company, but so do a bunch of other Servants' designs.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ah yes, Tesla. A male Archer.

Polygamist Castration Fist.

E:

dogsicle posted:

it's basically impossible to take people like BB seriously at this point so her being like GONNA KILL YA is more endearing than scary. Plus, for all her "hahaha I tricked you senpai!!!" stuff, she really... didn't. You came because you were told the station was sinking and people are in danger, and, uh, that's true.

Main Paineframe posted:

Also this, yeah. "Don't trust them they could backstab you!" Really? Cause that turned out pretty well last time.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 26, 2019

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

I'm sure it's a matter of "if we DIDN'T have an assassin on the payroll we'd look really silly to the other mage associations, wouldn't we?"

But assassins do half damage to casters. It'd make more sense to have a rider on the payroll.

e: unless the assassin is a countermeasure for that.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Gologle posted:

Lip's design makes me embarassed to be seen playing this game in public or any kind of company, but so do a bunch of other Servants' designs.

Be glad that they didn't go with her CCC design instead.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yay, I got the 5* CE using the summon ticket I got from a mission. Now I have some way to boost Eater enemies.

Going to grind a little to get enough currency to buy the bones now, since I need 29 to ascend Tamamo.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Got insanely lucky and NP2ed Melt in 120 SQ.

In a completely unrelated matter half my QP is now gone.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Dr Pepper posted:

I mean, then it's Gudako becoming real friends with the evil people that saves the day in the end.

I found Shinjuku's take on the old "evil can't comprehend good" concept quite interesting. Crime Grandpa had to actually care about Gudako for his plan to work, because otherwise she'd have noticed something was off, and any other plan would have been smelled out the same way.
But he had no idea what caring for somebody meant, so during the final battle he had a moment of hesitation he couldn't have predicted and accounted for, and in high level Servant combat a moment's hesitation is enough to eat all the NPs completely unprepared.

Current event speculation: Maple is totally Zepar dammit I liked her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I noticed that the Korean translation has been at the same event as the English for a while now. Were they frantically rushing through events to catch up to us?